Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1034080 times)

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #2190 on: October 23, 2011, 07:21:55 PM »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: October 23, 2011, 07:25:27 PM »
Those Duel matches really show how much SNK fudged up with K', damn near every match begins with a K' mirror. If this is what was happening at the arcades then no wonder the game fizzled out.

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: October 24, 2011, 02:16:46 AM »
I have a question here: Is Flame-less Iori a powerful character or not? I heard that he is powerful, but I barely see him have some remarkable preferment.
Also, do any one have some suggestion on Iori and Shen's combo? I am pretty curious about it.
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: October 24, 2011, 03:14:51 AM »
I have a question here: Is Flame-less Iori a powerful character or not? I heard that he is powerful, but I barely see him have some remarkable preferment.
Also, do any one have some suggestion on Iori and Shen's combo? I am pretty curious about it.

claw iori is a strong character, also to find combos that you should be during matches for any character you should check the wiki.

Another place you could find combos is on a youtube channel called don'tdropthatcombo the creator showcases quite a bit of combo potential for each character.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: October 24, 2011, 03:23:16 AM »

Flame-less is solid A-Tier imo.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: October 24, 2011, 03:23:59 AM »

Iori's a very solid character.  Hell, if Iori exists in a game, he's likely good, it always seems to end up that way.  Actually can't think of a game off the top of my head where Iori fares worse than mid tier.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: October 24, 2011, 05:18:07 AM »
After having a chance to rethink the worth of it per commentary on the e-live cast, looks like the  ;df ;c after the cmd throw shown in the video is a darn good enhancement to 'Claw Iori'.

I never considered the fact that juggling with  ;df ;c could be used as an HD starter. So guess that will mean, full HD + cmd throw = HD combo for Iori. Nice buff.

Although he's considered one of the stronger chrs in XIII, he could be pretty limited in combo starting opportunities. With everyone else getting buff, I think it's a fair expansion onto his gameplay.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: October 24, 2011, 05:28:41 AM »
i thought iori could combo into hd after cmd throw, cept without using df+C first.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: October 24, 2011, 05:43:30 AM »
i thought iori could combo into hd after cmd throw, cept without using df+C first.

Bet it could be done in the corner. But straining my memory on the zounds of vids I've seen for HD execution after the thow. I seem to remember peeps only doing dp+C and Maiden Smasher after that. Will have to pay attention if I bump into any vids using Iori.

EDIT: nice point though.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DontDropThatCombo?blend=1&ob=5#p/search/0/eKkpVBTSPW0
DDTC uses HD in the corner after the throw - have a feeling this can't be done mid-screan.

Finally, I think this give me some closure on the whole df+C buff issue and why they did it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:52:49 AM by BioBooster »

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: October 24, 2011, 07:44:23 AM »
I still not very good at using the jump-over and back B. Do you guys think it can be an effective move in the actual combat?
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2200 on: October 24, 2011, 07:59:08 AM »
I still not very good at using the jump-over and back B. Do you guys think it can be an effective move in the actual combat?

Easily. In other KoF's, Iori's high-speed pressure of hop CDs and quick command crossups are very irksome. The hitstun for the move also feels longer than normal, and pulls you towards him, leading to even MORE pressure if blocked, or just solid combos if he hits with it.

Since it's got such a long reach backwards, it's a very nice tool. For example, lets say Maxima does a Vapor Cannon before your hop, moving him away from you, as he steps forward. While most crossovers would miss, and give him more time to recover, Iori will possibly tag with a meaty hit, and pull him in close with this hit.

He has a great set of normals and specials overall, and a neomax that can be used as an anti-air aganist sloppy jumpers. Along with his safe specials leaving him in-your-face, make his whole arsenal very dangerous.

Edit: At the 12 min point in this vid, you can see a match where Iori uses his jumping crossup kick very well (Though it's in KoF 98!). Similiar tactics work in XIII as well though, so use this as a base guide of how the move can be used effectively.

Duelling the KOF 10th season KOF98 Best8 第3試合
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:31:55 PM by SAB-CA »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: October 25, 2011, 03:48:30 PM »
lol at 3rd vid, beni was so obviously fishing for that NM and king still fell for it.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: October 25, 2011, 07:01:21 PM »
Idk, for some reason, Kings love getting hit by Beni's NM.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: October 25, 2011, 10:03:39 PM »

Bet it could be done in the corner. But straining my memory on the zounds of vids I've seen for HD execution after the thow. I seem to remember peeps only doing dp+C and Maiden Smasher after that. Will have to pay attention if I bump into any vids using Iori.

EDIT: nice point though.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DontDropThatCombo?blend=1&ob=5#p/search/0/eKkpVBTSPW0
DDTC uses HD in the corner after the throw - have a feeling this can't be done mid-screan.

Finally, I think this give me some closure on the whole df+C buff issue and why they did it.

Iori could always activate [HD] after the Ex hcf P throw, if it was Ex, and if it's throwing them into the corner.  Not mid screen, and definitely not non-Ex.