Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027834 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #330 on: October 01, 2010, 01:19:18 AM »
are these chinese vids btw?

nice beni in 18, same for the vice in 17.

if theres other characters that where worth mentioning in one of the vids please do share. im skimming though the vids and ff'ding the raiden, lizzy and k parts. though 1 k did a really awesome hd combo ending in ex chaindrive.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:59:11 AM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

krazykone123

« Reply #331 on: October 01, 2010, 02:14:26 AM »

Taiwanese, from the Taichung area

if theres other characters that where worth mentioning in one of the vids please do share. im skimming though the vids and ff'ding the raiden, lizzy and k parts. though 1 k did a really awesome hd combo ending in ex chaindrive.

There's a Ryo in there around video 30, there's a Yuri as well around video 27

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 01, 2010, 05:31:01 AM »
yeah i saw those, ryo was pretty cool. i was watching thatt shit arabic style from 32 back to 14 or so where i left of.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 01, 2010, 08:07:13 AM »

Taiwanese, from the Taichung area

was some kind of tourney or just casuals? ^^

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #334 on: October 01, 2010, 10:32:06 AM »
if theres other characters that where worth mentioning in one of the vids please do share. im skimming though the vids and ff'ding the raiden, lizzy and k parts.

some Mai gameplay (there is some Leona too):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezP5G9ZkOxQ (not so good, but is a useful vid to see how pain in the ass K' is)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtd4ManQD80 (nice combo with EXDM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geQLRuJc67s (Mai defeating Kula and K')

I know there a few more vids with Mai but I don't find them now...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 12:34:28 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 01, 2010, 04:23:14 PM »
Ok those matches were awesome.

They changed my mind on Mature and Vice completely, I was going to go for Mai and King first but I may go with these two first instead. The Vice in the vid was a monster, easily kicking the shit out of Raidens, K's, Kulas and Elizabeths. Her combos are interesting and damaging. Drive Canceling and EX really add to her. Her Ex distance grab's anywhere juggle property provides her with an Elizabeth like danger, with the little difference of being able to do whatever the heck she wants with you right after. Her EX dash looks to be excellent for stuffing stuff and breaking block strings, Kula am cry. She hits hard and fast and seems to have no need for her DMs, EX and DC are her main thing. Heh, made Clark look unfinished in comparison.

Mature too was really good, the trajectory and priorty on her dive is really something. He was the only person thus far to use her legitimately (without opting for the infinite even once) and did an excellent job. She'll be a solid contender even if they fix her infinite.

Maxima had a great showing as well, again, the new DC and EX systems benefit him greatly. I'd go so far as to say that he's the coolest 'big guy' style character in a fighting game yet. The effects on his moves are sweet and they refreshed his gameplay just right. Once he gets them up against that wall... oh my.

Leona was surprisingl good, great combos and her fireball thing will be great for pressure and block strings. Her sweep cancels out K's QCB+K rather nicely, and her super does in his fireball shenanigans. What's with her dashing slash? It kept stuffing his fireball move, does it go under stuff? Her new DM was ignored though. Nice BnB combo starting with the lows.

Ryo... yeah, kinda plain. He was winning but nothing worth mentioning was done.

Could have been the quality of the vid but Mai seems really fast, like the fastest character in the game with her movement. One guy was able to juggle with a standing C after landing a non-EX and non-counter hit dive mid screen. Nobody seems to be able to hit any rythm or groove with her though, kinda jump all over the place aimlessly. Still think she has potential waiting to be discovered. I think she may be really good against fireballers, due to the speed of her hop.

For now we can add Chin to the list of anti-K's.

Overall, I can sort of confidently say now that outside of Raiden's drop kick and the obvious glitches, the game's balance is actually pretty damn good.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 04:33:03 PM by Diavle »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 01, 2010, 08:18:22 PM »
yeah there was some really solid leona play in some of those last vids. bitches are really sleeping on the rest of the characters picking k, kula and raiden and lizzy. raiden is cool even though his dropkicks sucks balls. lizzy is the shittiest character in this kof and one of the shittiest ever in a fighter and in kof. i hope shes gone in 14, even ash is 10 times more interresting. k and kula are just boring. they need to be toned down just a lil, k's fb and jump D and kulas qcb+K might be just a lil too good, not sure though, might be these players just sucked against her and didnt know hot to stuff that shit or punish her afterwards if its possible (is it? without meter or command throw?).

way too lil terry and kim imo, especially terry. i thinki terry might be able to hit you with 3 ex dm's in a combo, power geyser and busta wolf. without hd mode, just drivecanceling and using thatv ex bk for 5 bar combos without nm. in the one vid where the dude was training with terry, he kept on fucking up his combo because he launched his opponent too high and tried to combo on too fast and missed or did the follow up in the wrong direction. if you hit them with ex power heyser at that hight, juggling on should be possible.

man i need some good ass combo vids with non hd mode combos to see whats possible with all the characters. and snkp shouldnt be screwing pover their arcade goers and patch that shit up. are they waiting for the cnsole version to do so? meaning we might get extra characters? who knows. its pretty much the only viable excuse imo for waiting soo damn long on a patch.

edit: i think they nailed the system down really well except for one part. drive canceling and ex moves are something i wanted in a kof since 98, so thats good.  they could have left normal supercanceling without the use of the hd bar imo. only drive cancels and hd mode should cost hd bar imo.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:21:53 PM by MUSOLINI »

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 01, 2010, 08:50:48 PM »
Quote from: Diavle
Mature too was really good, the trajectory and priorty on her dive is really something. He was the only person thus far to use her legitimately (without opting for the infinite even once) and did an excellent job. She'll be a solid contender even if they fix her infinite.

What do you mean? You're so blinded by the infinite that you can't even recognize good play with her (using the infinite). The infinite can be started from a low B, which is a very important tool for Mature whether she has an infinite or not. It looks like you discredit people who land the infinites even if they obviously landed it "legitimately".

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 01, 2010, 09:41:35 PM »
What do you mean? You're so blinded by the infinite that you can't even recognize good play with her (using the infinite). The infinite can be started from a low B, which is a very important tool for Mature whether she has an infinite or not. It looks like you discredit people who land the infinites even if they obviously landed it "legitimately".

No sure what you're talking about there buddy. The guy is pretty much the first one using her legitimately, as in, without using a bug, which in this case happens to be an infinite. Every other vid has ppl do nothing but try and land the infinite. This guy showed us a preview of how she will/might be played once/if the infinity is fixed. This is to my interest because I will be completely ignoring the infinite even if it doesn't get fixed, so I don't really give a flying *bleep* as to how "legtimately" you land it or not.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 09:44:32 PM by Diavle »

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 01, 2010, 09:41:45 PM »
Chin is the Anti-K' now? Ha. I doubt that.  Saying that reminds me of when a couple people thought Kula is really "the Anti-K" because ONE K' player kept losing to Kula.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 01, 2010, 09:45:42 PM »
Chin is the Anti-K' now? Ha. I doubt that.  Saying that reminds me of when a couple people thought Kula is really "the Anti-K" because ONE K' player kept losing to Kula.

Kula is still an anti-k though.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #341 on: October 01, 2010, 10:00:17 PM »
There has been a few Mature players that have shown us her potential, besides the infinite. We're seen the DP move used to cross up, and decent use of Ebony Tears shenanigans.

I can see how you can feel that a "meter-build, Infinite using" Mature is not "legitimate" Diavle, but many of them have brought glimpses of her "real" gameplay to the table, as well. Any use of the infinite does kinda poison the feel of any team she's in though, since the huge amount of HD/DM meter building not only affects her, but also gives her team-mates a good advantage, if she doesn't burn them all herself.

I admit, I kinda view players who use "cheats and exploits" like people view the "Heels" in wrestling. No matter what they bring to the table... you're prone to dislike them & their style, because they use dirty tricks. If you really want to see their quality, however, you have to look past that.

But that's not easy for everyone to do!

Oh, and I don't see Chin being a real Anti-K. K' can DP his overhead, Trigger stops his attack roll, K' has much longer limbs, and overall... I think it's more dependent on the players. A Chin will really have to get into the K' players head.

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 01, 2010, 10:10:57 PM »
Kula is still an anti-k though.
Pretty much any character that is high tier enough can give another high tier character a run for their money. 
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 01, 2010, 10:28:41 PM »
if theres other characters that where worth mentioning in one of the vids please do share. im skimming though the vids and ff'ding the raiden, lizzy and k parts.

some Mai gameplay (there is some Leona too):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezP5G9ZkOxQ (not so good, but is a useful vid to see how pain in the ass K' is)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtd4ManQD80 (nice combo with EXDM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geQLRuJc67s (Mai defeating Kula and K')

I know there a few more vids with Mai but I don't find them now...

Hooray for some decent Mai play, and some very competent (complicated for my current skill level) Leona play. I agree with Terry or Kim, or anyone other than K', Kula, Raiden, Elizabeth to start being used. I know people want to keep their winning position with the current top tier characters, but jeez.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Gorehound

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 01, 2010, 11:41:10 PM »
I use Mature, but I refuse to do her infinite. I'm already facing quite a few players that are exploiting that infinite bug and its getting really annoying.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:50:12 PM by Gorehound »