Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027539 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #2250 on: November 04, 2011, 05:45:35 PM »
I wonder if you can cancel his EX Run-to-grab OTG to a DM/Super. If you can, damn, that would be awesome.

That'd also be a pseudo-loop (I say pseudo because Yaotome is techable) since you can do it after a Yaotome.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: November 04, 2011, 07:45:22 PM »
man this is fucking crazy, every time i watch a kof vid people always playing these fucking bad ass ast's that ive loved since i first heard them on my neocd. what i still cant figure out is how the fuck snkp could be this fucking retarded and put ost's on the fucking sountracks. i might in the end just throw away all those ost or put them on ebay and just dl and burn thhe ast's. the problem isi shouldnteven have to be doing something like that if snkp had some form of business ethics. itdoesnt makeANY fucking sense as to why the fuck they would put the ost's on a fucking cd, who the fuck listens to ost's in kof?

edit: i blame us and every other kof fan site out there for not bitching and moaning to snkp bout those hideous ost's being used for the sountracks. why the fuck didnt we have us heard? i know i was bitching about it, what about you guys? you guys need to learn when to quit bitching and when to bitch on bout certain shit. now its probably to late  :(
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:02:16 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2252 on: November 04, 2011, 08:13:41 PM »
Makes loads of sense. If they included ASTs for easy CD-to-console burn purposes, a lot of people wouldn't buy the ASTs they could possibly sell as integrated-into-game DLC.

Plus, the OSTs are the original inspirations, and it's more of a special thing to use them instead.

And lastly, it is 100 songs for "free", with a whole CD of those being the official KoF XIII "Already AST'd" tracks, Plus various other CD quality tracks from the Non-Neo Geo entries.

I like the OSTs well enough. I often switch between them both when given the chance. It's not a huge problem to me.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:16:03 PM by SAB-CA »

GoldenGlove

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: November 04, 2011, 08:19:15 PM »
the problem isi shouldnteven have to be doing something like that if snkp had some form of business ethics.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: November 04, 2011, 08:46:48 PM »
the problem isi shouldnteven have to be doing something like that if snkp had some form of business ethics.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

guess the jokes on me.

and sab, nobody in their right minds buys sountracks from snkp, they are free to dl. that being said, they should have just put the ast on sountrack. one of the reasons i loved owning a neo cd was because of the music...
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2255 on: November 04, 2011, 09:31:47 PM »
Seems like EX Iori really needs to burn alot of meter to do the big damage.

Dechimo

• New Challenger
  • KOF Forever
    • View Profile

PSN: kimkaphan

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: November 05, 2011, 05:09:24 AM »
I watched the second video and thought "They're not that bad. Just need some more practice."

Then I watched the first and third video.

:(

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: November 05, 2011, 02:25:56 PM »
there is some really good use of normals in that first match.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: November 05, 2011, 02:29:37 PM »
On the first video, Kim makes a new victory pose after winning againts Mature. As usual, it doesn´t seem to use new frames but it is nice. Since he says he's classic speech "Aku Wo Urusan" it might be something he only does after winning againts evil characters.
I like the game getting some media exposure, but honestly, videos with this level of gameplay are unforgivable.
Hopefully, Gamespot, IGN and other sites will upload some videos from the Atlus pre-release event on their sites. It might be a hell of a promotion for the game.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: November 05, 2011, 05:16:51 PM »
On the first video, Kim makes a new victory pose after winning againts Mature. As usual, it doesn´t seem to use new frames but it is nice. Since he says he's classic speech "Aku Wo Urusan" it might be something he only does after winning againts evil characters.
I like the game getting some media exposure, but honestly, videos with this level of gameplay are unforgivable.
Hopefully, Gamespot, IGN and other sites will upload some videos from the Atlus pre-release event on their sites. It might be a hell of a promotion for the game.

well honestly dude it's not like you can really expect high level game play for any kind of fighting game from the people at ign,gamspot,etc,etc for the most part i guess we should be glad the showed anything again

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: November 06, 2011, 12:16:17 AM »
well honestly dude it's not like you can really expect high level game play for any kind of fighting game from the people at ign,gamspot,etc,etc for the most part i guess we should be glad the showed anything again

That's true we can't expect high level players, but that looks more like somebody call two, 2 year old kids to play the game. Just to get a video.

Xbox live: Chipymax

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: November 06, 2011, 12:21:19 AM »
111029 a-cho KOF13 1on1大会終了後 野試合

One and a half hours of a-cho action.

And I don't expect high-level play from Gamespot, IGN, etc. I just can't believe they'd pass off button-mashing as gameplay footage. If you don't know how to play the game, that's fine. But film someone who can at least pass as a novice player.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: November 06, 2011, 05:49:23 AM »
And I don't expect high-level play from Gamespot, IGN, etc. I just can't believe they'd pass off button-mashing as gameplay footage. If you don't know how to play the game, that's fine. But film someone who can at least pass as a novice player.

That is my point. These vids were taken from MCM Expo.
How about recording some matches of people who actually knew how to people.
Most of the participants of the tournament were playing casual matches before the tourney started.
Instead, we get some matches were they don´t even perform a special attack. I just think it is bad promotion for the game. For people who are not familiar with KOF, they just see the video and is just Jump Weak Kick all the time.
That is why I hope the pre-release event get some buzz so gamespot or ign can upload some of the videos on their sites.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: November 06, 2011, 11:30:04 AM »