Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1034772 times)

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #2280 on: November 10, 2011, 02:27:04 AM »
Nice video! Wasn't expecting that from ATLUS. My problem is that it looked more like an Interview than a Tutorial, but it still works great.

yeah it does kind of sound like an interview, but it was an introductory video so they kinda wanted to explain the game to the viewer.

it will probably get a lot better as they start talking more in depth about the game.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: November 10, 2011, 02:30:28 AM »
Nice video! Wasn't expecting that from ATLUS. My problem is that it looked more like an Interview than a Tutorial, but it still works great.

You just have to wait for the latter Stages ;)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: November 10, 2011, 04:21:00 AM »

You just have to wait for the latter Stages ;)

I hope they add props on the screen when they are talking about stuff. Because if this is aimed at "beginners", then they need to point out stuff with props. For example, when they were talking about the buttons, you just see ASH doing moves, having a PS3/360 controller there showing the buttons would had been nice. Specially when they are talking about "Charge characters". As someone said, we take this as granted, but if this is a tutorial for beginners, they need to point those stuff out with images to help.

But this is just the first part, so I'm just nitpicking. lol

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: November 10, 2011, 04:44:46 AM »
Awesome job @Metaphysics, it's really great that we have you and Atlus doing this series. Will it continue post release to drum up interest for people who hadn't bought it yet and also to work towards more mid-level play?

I know that you can only go so far with videos for the masses in terms of time and depth, but this is a excellent start.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: November 10, 2011, 04:58:47 AM »
Metaphysics is a star now it looks like, probably won't even talk to us commoners anymore.

Found it really funny how he was setting up Terry as simple to use, with simple/easy combos and how you won't have a hard time picking him up while the video was showing a brutal and execution heavy HD combo.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: November 10, 2011, 05:08:25 AM »
Metaphysics is a star now it looks like, probably won't even talk to us commoners anymore.

Found it really funny how he was setting up Terry as simple to use, with simple/easy combos and how you won't have a hard time picking him up while the video was showing a brutal and execution heavy HD combo.

Well one thing's for sure.  Leona for damn sure...was not OK.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: November 10, 2011, 05:50:46 AM »
Thanks for all the nice comments guys!! Glad to get the Dream Cancel name out and keep the hype rolling for KOF 13. :)

make sure to watch the Level Up stream next Monday, it's looking to be a pretty awesome event
" you fight well in the old style"

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: November 10, 2011, 06:04:05 AM »
Thanks for all the nice comments guys!! Glad to get the Dream Cancel name out and keep the hype rolling for KOF 13. :)

make sure to watch the Level Up stream next Monday, it's looking to be a pretty awesome event

You're still talking to us, we're not worthy.

Nah, in all seriousness, good video man, hope there's more to come.

And trust me, I will be parked for that stream.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: November 10, 2011, 07:31:38 AM »

I loved that too. *thwack* *bam* *slash* *juggle* *juggle* *thwap* *splurt* *juggle* *Bustaaaah Wolf!!!* *BOOM!* *gaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!*

Priceless :)

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: November 10, 2011, 07:42:55 AM »
Would have been HILARIOUS if it said on screen-

To perform:
 ;b ;c~ ;c> ;dn ;db ;bk ;a> ;dn ;db ;bk ;b> ;dn charge ;up ;c> ;dn ;db ;bk ;a> ;dn ;db ;bk ;b > ;dn charge ;up ;c> ;dn ;db ;bk ;a> ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d > ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d

[spoiler]Heheh, no matter. To the uninformed, the whole combo could appear to be a ranbu-style super done by
;dn ;df ;fd ;a ;c[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:24:12 AM by BioBooster »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: November 10, 2011, 11:32:15 AM »
Would have been HILARIOUS if it said on screen-

To perform:
 ;b ;c~ ;c> ;dn ;db ;bk ;a> ;dn ;db ;bk ;b> ;dn charge ;up ;c> ;dn ;db ;bk ;a> ;dn ;db ;bk ;b > ;dn charge ;up ;c> ;dn ;db ;bk ;a> ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d > ;dn ;df ;fd ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ;d

[spoiler]Heheh, no matter. To the uninformed, the whole combo could appear to be a ranbu-style super done by
;dn ;df ;fd ;a ;c[/spoiler]

I hope commands show up in the next videos, seriously. Well done to Jabbari and Metaphysics; keep up the community growth.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: November 10, 2011, 01:00:26 PM »
Nice vid, DC people. My congratulations to Metaphysics, Atlus and DC community  :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 01:50:12 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: November 10, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »
good video, for people who played arcade or even rom on pc, terry combos are actually really easy in hd mode. you got tons of time for all your inputs. its not like they where showing snake cancel combos or 02 anhel infinite. it looked really cool but thats a basic and easy combo if there ever was one. only a beginner who has never played kof might not be able to pull it off. for old schoolers and koffers in general this should be dirt easy. whats nice about 13 is even all that flashy stuff is easy to do, even for beginners.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: November 10, 2011, 04:03:03 PM »
Awesome video! My nitpick: I'd rather look at King than Mai. Water balloons do nothing for me.

Mai is more than water balloons. And she is a fan favourite, what means popular for mainstream, King doesn't.

Mai is getting a nice buff not only in therms of gameplay but in therms of marketing. It has been remarked everywhere that "fan favourite Mai has returned" and even has been included into 2 official illustrations of the game, arcade version poster and japanese and european cover art, which never happened before at any KOF.
As Mai fan/user I'm really happy SNKP gives back the queen to her throne, I only hope this means Mai will be better and more complete in future KOFs (if we have future KOFs).
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: November 10, 2011, 04:06:38 PM »
I like Mai as a character. I was referring to metaphysics comment about looking at her. Her water balloons are too distracting and kind of gross to me. I wish they had not made them so unnatural-looking. I prefer King's look in XIII graphics.