Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027279 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #375 on: October 06, 2010, 02:36:27 PM »
Ok the last 9 vids have been uploaded and I'm exhausted.  I'll post the playlist tomorrow.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 06, 2010, 03:53:34 PM »
Thanks for the vids AI ppl.

That Mature right there is what I was referring to, nothing but going for the infinite. Kinda funny it was the Answer though, with all his complaining about Raiden and all.

Reynald's Yuri is really good at locking Mr. Kof, great use of the demon flip. His Chin was great too, it was like watching HD combos without HD.

Great Kims in the vids, Yoshi's in particular. Looks like he is all about getting as much damage as he can at any given moment whereas Mr. Kof prefers to save up meter for a big HD combo. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love what they have done with Kim's combos now, it was all about those rekkas before but now they look all unique and acrobatic. Big thumbs up.

Clark... still blows. Still haven't seen much worth mentioning. There was a pretty good one in one of Shiranui's Emilll vids at the bottom of the last page. Nice combos and looks like his air throw has anywhere juggle properties. Overall though, him and Ralf both need more polish.

Dunno if it was recording jitters or they couldn't get their game on but the Vice in those vids was meh, a far cry from the Taiwanese one. 

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #377 on: October 06, 2010, 04:25:16 PM »
Thanks for the vids.

I like to see ppl is trying to learn some more characters, and how love for mai, leona, yuri, vice, etc is growing. But this Mai disapointed me a little. Maybe is because Duc needs more training with her, and learn all her combos (he missed oportunities just because doesn't know how to conitnue, i think), but in these vids looks like Mai doesn't have good enough tools to combat Yuri for example, or Iori. Maybe Duc could try to order Mai on last position. I think use EX moves is really needed for her.

Great matches, anyway. I really enjoyed some fights. That Kim versus K' was crazy.

One more KCE series vids. Looks like Terry, Vice, Yuri, Clark and Ryo are getting more love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wsRtqiUMQQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrRx1lIGIa8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEWjqZFiShs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK8cigFS_eg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UpscJilX0M
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 07:10:22 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 06, 2010, 07:40:26 PM »
Those KCE vids were great, tons of variety. The balance has been great so far without the bad apples.

There was a good Kim in there but the guy's main strategy was to use him to fill meter so pretty much by the end of every first round he would end with max power stocks and HD meter. He almost never used those meters with him so it was kinda boring to watch. Still interesting to see how effective he was eventhough he stuck almost exclusively to the basics. Looks like Kim's sD (I think it is) has really good priority/speed. His EX HCB+K is damn fast.

Ryo's neomax looks so painful, and overall, there was a lot more use of neomaxes than usual from these guys, guess they are finally warming up to them. The priority on Ryo's sD (far and close) and the fireball seem pretty nice.

Nice Clark in there with a 75% hd combo. Watching him basically made Clark feel like his old self somewhat.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 08:42:55 PM by Diavle »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 06, 2010, 08:27:05 PM »
wow man, the vds are getting fucking awesome.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 06, 2010, 08:47:23 PM »
wow I Didn't know that fireball combo with ryo ending with a standing d works. I'm a add  that to my arsenal lol
" you fight well in the old style"

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #381 on: October 06, 2010, 08:54:15 PM »
Just a note. Looks like Youtube closed Smoai youtube's channel. Sad news. This is why the last KCE vids have been uploaded by other users, I guess.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 06, 2010, 09:00:31 PM »
Just a note. Looks like Youtube closed Smoai youtube's channel. Sad news. This is why the last KCE vids have been uploaded by other users, I guess.

Shit, terrible news. Hope he opens another account.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 06, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »
why the fuck would they do that? these bastards. the man had BY FAR the best fucking channel on yt for fighters imo. BY FAR.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #384 on: October 06, 2010, 09:31:08 PM »
It could be related to his Tougeki vids. I don't know for sure..

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 09:39:24 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 06, 2010, 09:32:32 PM »
Dunno if it was recording jitters or they couldn't get their game on but the Vice in those vids was meh, a far cry from the Taiwanese one.  

In Reynald's/l2slythe's defense, this guy boggles my mind coz he literally shows up once a week only, maybe 6 times a month, and he's that good.  I can guarantee you guys that the Japanese and the Taiwanese players play more than he does in a week than he does in a month, AND they have better competition (better ideas and strats etc.)--he only gets to play us man lol (not to take anything away from our skill but I'm keeping it real here).  Nevertheless, please point me out the Vice vids that you speak of, I want to study them more.

wow I Didn't know that fireball combo with ryo ending with a standing d works. I'm a add  that to my arsenal lol

That was his old corner only combo, didn't know he still had it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 09:35:32 PM by Kane317 »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 06, 2010, 09:43:15 PM »
In Reynald's/l2slythe's defense, this guy boggles my mind coz he literally shows up once a week only, maybe 6 times a month, and he's that good.  I can guarantee you guys that the Japanese and the Taiwanese players play more than he does in a week than he does in a month, AND they have better competition (better ideas and strats etc.)--he only gets to play us man lol (not to take anything away from our skill but I'm keeping it real here).  Nevertheless, please point me out the Vice vids that you speak of, I want to study them more.

Not trying to offend you guys, just calling it as I see it.

As for the vids, they were in Smoai's channel so you're kinda out of luck unless they were uploaded elsewhere as well..

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #387 on: October 06, 2010, 09:44:09 PM »
please point me out the Vice vids that you speak of, I want to study them more.

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.msg3309#msg3309

You can find Vice in the most of these vids. In each vid there are three matches, so is difficult to point out you exactly where Vice appears, but you will find her in many of them.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 09:46:35 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 06, 2010, 09:45:22 PM »
You can find Vice in the most of these vids. In each vid there are three matches, so is difficult to point out you exactly where Vice appears, but you will find her in many of them.

I was referring to the onslaught of Taiwanese vids posted a couple pages back by Krazy.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #389 on: October 06, 2010, 09:48:09 PM »
I know, but these vids has some good Vice, i think. Maybe they could interest to Kane if he wants to study some Vice gameplay.