Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027796 times)

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #390 on: October 07, 2010, 02:41:40 AM »
Okay, can a Vice player please tell me why everyone always fucks up after the EX arm-extending grab??  I'm just curious because as someone who has never tried out Vice but definitely will it doesn't look that hard to pull off correctly but maybe it's a 1 frame kind of deal, I dunno.  Anyone have any insight on this matter??

Bakuhakubasugasu

• New Challenger
  • Nan da yo?
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 07, 2010, 05:51:38 AM »
Okay, can a Vice player please tell me why everyone always fucks up after the EX arm-extending grab??  I'm just curious because as someone who has never tried out Vice but definitely will it doesn't look that hard to pull off correctly but maybe it's a 1 frame kind of deal, I dunno.  Anyone have any insight on this matter??

If I remember correctly, if you win an air to air with Vice and land before them, you can hit them with an EX Arm Grab.

Sometimes the player might miss the timing due to them either:

-Both players hit each other so neither one can attack after
-Didn't think Vice was going to win the air to air so reacts a little late
-Or sometimes they just aren't reacting fast enough to get them

That's pretty much it from my point of view also being a Vice player. You always can get them with a regular arm grab but not off of an air to air but off of a Tackle > DC > Arm Grab.

--Whoops, I re-read what you wrote and had to redo this a little.

It's still kind of the same thing but, maybe some players aren't that used to using Vice yet and getting the timing of the frames to hit after her ex arm grab. I've seen players that actually just play Vice and they never mess up the grab. It might just be these videos at the time since they're doing the no K', Mature and Raiden type of thing.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 05:56:44 AM by Bakuhakubasugasu »
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets."

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 07, 2010, 09:00:21 AM »
Not trying to offend you guys, just calling it as I see it.

As for the vids, they were in Smoai's channel so you're kinda out of luck unless they were uploaded elsewhere as well..

Don't worry, putting up videos we knew full knowing that we would be subjected to criticism.  

please point me out the Vice vids that you speak of, I want to study them more.

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=7.msg3309#msg3309

Woa.  Didn't know you could link a direct post like that, only knew you could link a page.  How do you find that specific link to a specific post btw?  EDIT:  Nevermind, I figured it out, cool thanks.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:34:27 AM by Kane317 »

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #393 on: October 07, 2010, 10:26:05 AM »
Woa.  Didn't know you could link a direct post like that, only knew you could link a page.  How do you find that specific link to a specific post btw?  EDIT:  Nevermind, I figured it out, cool thanks.

Every post has a title which can be linked :D

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:07:09 PM by Kane317 »

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 07, 2010, 12:08:33 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTpwCLYiuj8&feature=sub

MAXIMA COMBOS by snkhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPqSYWncWw&feature=sub

KULA COMBOS by snkhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_N9kgUjlNA

K COMBOS by snkhk

Nice.  I have SO Much updating for the page 1 for the videos from KCE etc...(I've been putting off lol).   I added some Shen and Chin combos that we recorded today on each character's respective page.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 07, 2010, 12:14:38 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTpwCLYiuj8&feature=sub

MAXIMA COMBOS by snkhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPqSYWncWw&feature=sub

KULA COMBOS by snkhk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_N9kgUjlNA

K COMBOS by snkhk

Nice.  I have SO Much updating for the page 1 for the videos from KCE etc...(I've been putting off lol).   I added some Shen and Chin combos that we recorded today on each character's respective page.

yeah nice Chin :)

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #397 on: October 07, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »
Woa, so Chin has an 100% combo damage too? I didn't know it.

Maybe you could put all this character combo vids in its threads, they could be useful as char guide.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 07, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »
Woa, so Chin has an 100% combo damage too? I didn't know it.

Maybe you could put all this character combo vids in its threads, they could be useful as char guide.

They have been placed in the character threads, that's why I recorded them in the first place :)

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 09, 2010, 12:21:18 PM »
Lol why is Vice getting punished after she lands her Neomax?

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 09, 2010, 12:46:17 PM »
Okay, can a Vice player please tell me why everyone always fucks up after the EX arm-extending grab??  I'm just curious because as someone who has never tried out Vice but definitely will it doesn't look that hard to pull off correctly but maybe it's a 1 frame kind of deal, I dunno.  Anyone have any insight on this matter??

If I remember correctly, if you win an air to air with Vice and land before them, you can hit them with an EX Arm Grab.

Sometimes the player might miss the timing due to them either:

-Both players hit each other so neither one can attack after
-Didn't think Vice was going to win the air to air so reacts a little late
-Or sometimes they just aren't reacting fast enough to get them

That's pretty much it from my point of view also being a Vice player. You always can get them with a regular arm grab but not off of an air to air but off of a Tackle > DC > Arm Grab.

--Whoops, I re-read what you wrote and had to redo this a little.

It's still kind of the same thing but, maybe some players aren't that used to using Vice yet and getting the timing of the frames to hit after her ex arm grab. I've seen players that actually just play Vice and they never mess up the grab. It might just be these videos at the time since they're doing the no K', Mature and Raiden type of thing.

yeah the timing after the decide (especially the non-EX version) feels kinda wonky sometimes. its all down to the timing though. i hit a gorefest after maybe 80% of the time?

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #401 on: October 10, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »
There were posted a few days ago on Youtube, but don't see any mention of them here. Hey Kane, I think you inspired the end of KCE 197? XD

The King Of Fighters XIII - KCE公開動画 その195
The King Of Fighters XIII - KCE公開動画 その196
The King Of Fighters XIII - KCE公開動画 その197

EDIT: Links now fixed. Silly BB code. -_-;
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 07:45:17 PM by SAB-CA »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 10, 2010, 11:33:34 PM »
There were posted a few days ago on Youtube, but don't see any mention of them here. Hey Kane, I think you inspired the end of KCE 197? XD

EDIT: I read what you wrote so I hurriedly skipped to the end of the video and I saw Leona playing and thought, "urm...I guess."  Then I saw Chin's combo =)
Wow.  I'm flattered.  I'm guessing they're thinking, "you call that a combo?  What is this crap?" hahah.  I at least gave credit in my descriptions.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 11:41:10 PM by Kane317 »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 11, 2010, 01:57:54 AM »
Thanks for the vids SAB-CA.

Loves me some Kensou and Kim action. Looks like Kensou's jB will be a good cross up for him. One match you see K' ripping through everyone and then you see Kensou and Kim go toe to toe with him, reassuring stuff.

Kim looks really dangerous with meter thanks to his EX HCB+K, the damn thing hits like Raiden's drop kick of sort. Stupid fast and goes through shit, in other words. Still haven't seen anyone use air invincibility moves for air to ground domination. Felt good watching him school that Raiden, worth mentioning since if its the same guy whose always using that yellow color palette then he's really good.

Leona putting on a show again, she's really start to look good now. Hope someone does same with King and Mai soon.

And uh... does anyone else not get tired of watching Kim's neomax? Too awesome.

I'm flattered.  I'm guessing they're thinking, "you call that a combo?  What is this crap?" hahah.  I at least gave credit in my descriptions.

fuuuuu, Nippon sees Kane as a rival. 

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 11, 2010, 02:07:21 AM »

EDIT: I read what you wrote so I hurriedly skipped to the end of the video and I saw Leona playing and thought, "urm...I guess."  Then I saw Chin's combo =)
Wow.  I'm flattered.  I'm guessing they're thinking, "you call that a combo?  What is this crap?" hahah.  I at least gave credit in my descriptions.
combo wars? lol
" you fight well in the old style"