Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027514 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #2655 on: December 15, 2011, 07:49:40 PM »
Doubt anyone will be using those much outside of combos, pretty much like the rest of the years he's had them.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:52:55 PM by Diavle »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: December 15, 2011, 07:57:30 PM »
Doubt anyone will be using those much outside of combos, pretty much like the rest of the years he's had them.

So in other words, in your view which you think is correct, there's absolutely no reason to ever use EX Kyo since XIII Kyo is just that much better unless you just like rekkas, is this correct?  Just want to make sure what I'm dealing with here.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: December 15, 2011, 08:14:41 PM »

So in other words, in your view which you think is correct, there's absolutely no reason to ever use EX Kyo since XIII Kyo is just that much better unless you just like rekkas, is this correct?  Just want to make sure what I'm dealing with here.

Even if rekka Kyo was the stronger, which he isn't from what we have seen so far, I would still favor XIII Kyo because of his play style. I mained rekka Kyo for years and got sick of him, just like fire Iori. I really wanted these two refreshed and SNK did exactly that in XIII, much to my liking.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: December 15, 2011, 10:22:48 PM »
autoguard and being a rekka mixup isnt useful in neutral? ok pal
also: faster ground overhead, R.E.D. kick, and leapkick may be good for pressure/mixup due to the second hit being optional
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: December 15, 2011, 10:59:03 PM »
Are arcades ever going to get the console update? I always have a hard time finding good vids when foreigners aren’t cracking out on a game or maybe I’m looking in the wrong places.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: December 15, 2011, 11:07:10 PM »
i don't think anyone should be judging who's better till they are out, however i'm leaning towards xiii kyo.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: December 15, 2011, 11:14:47 PM »
I'll be honest, I think XIII Kyo will probably be better too, hell, he's arguably one of the best within the game...I just don't have fun with him.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: December 16, 2011, 12:35:34 AM »
Yep, will be skipping him as well.

XIII Kyo is best Kyo.

Ah, but Esaka is the best stage :)

Are arcades ever going to get the console update? I always have a hard time finding good vids when foreigners aren’t cracking out on a game or maybe I’m looking in the wrong places.

As far as we know, the arcade is not getting an update.  Welcome to DreamCancel Light13, when you get a second make sure you introduce yourself properly.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:44:48 AM by Kane317 »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: December 16, 2011, 12:43:46 AM »
Yep, will be skipping him as well.

XIII Kyo is best Kyo.

And if EX Kyo gets Tears as his Alt Theme...he should be played forever.

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: December 16, 2011, 12:48:00 AM »
lol @ this guy rekka-ing fireballs for free.
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: December 16, 2011, 01:23:26 AM »
lol @ this guy rekka-ing fireballs for free.

No tick-damage-GuardPointing Rekkas should not be taken lightly.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: December 16, 2011, 04:12:03 AM »

Yeah, the stages are all I'm interested in.

If they release a separate dlc with just the stages then I'll get it for sure, especially if they include the KOFXII stages (love that Russian one).

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: December 16, 2011, 12:38:12 PM »

Yeah, the stages are all I'm interested in.

If they release a separate dlc with just the stages then I'll get it for sure, especially if they include the KOFXII stages (love that Russian one).

u mean the ice stage? the one that's almost as boring as the stadium stage?

also osaka > any stage in the game, and that's without accounting the haohmaru cameo in the bg.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Flowtaro

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: December 16, 2011, 12:57:32 PM »
autoguard and being a rekka mixup isnt useful in neutral? ok pal
also: faster ground overhead, R.E.D. kick, and leapkick may be good for pressure/mixup due to the second hit being optional

oh yeah that mixup between blocking high and... oh no wait there is no other option; what the fuck are you talking about?

also, I would be willing to bet money that not inputting the second part of upkicks puts you at mad negative frames, just like it always has.

but yeah RED kick!!1! (in all seriousness, EX RED kick looks beast; does it track no matter where you are onscreen?)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:59:25 PM by Flowtaro »

Blake/White

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: December 16, 2011, 02:28:57 PM »
The mixup with Rekka type moves typically refers to the timing you use when doing the followup or not, rather than any high/low mixup. Using old Iori as an example, poking with  ;dn ;db ;bk ;a / ;c and then delaying the next move in the series, hoping to catch the other person off guard and score a hit. Stuff like this works because typically the first hit of a Rekka series will be safe, but won't give you any substantial advantage, so people will try something because they think they have initiative, which gives you an opportunity to tag them with the next move in the series. I could see this working very well with NESTS Kyo due to the Drive system, provided the first hit of his Rekka series is safe on block.