Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027374 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #450 on: October 26, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 03:30:37 AM by SAB-CA »

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #451 on: October 26, 2010, 07:04:36 PM »
Woa, finally some good King. I guess this King is what we were talking about her in her thread. Nice combination between zoning and offensive.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 26, 2010, 08:49:25 PM »
ive only seen part 2.2 to 3.2, but the level of play isnt as high as ive seen it in better vids.

also, king can do some pretty nasty things when shes got you close to the corner. they didnt use her ex venom strike like it should have been used imo. i mean you could do her bnb, end it with an ex vs, juggle with tk into ts, from here you can easily dc into another tk into ts or sr if possible for just a measly 1 dc and 1 dm bar. 2 dm bars if you finish it with sr, and the possibilities are pretty much endless.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 08:55:56 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 26, 2010, 11:11:13 PM »
also, king can do some pretty nasty things when shes got you close to the corner. they didnt use her ex venom strike like it should have been used imo. i mean you could do her bnb, end it with an ex vs(Ex qcf+P), juggle with tk(Tornado Kick) into ts(Trap Shot), from here you can easily [DC] into another tk(hcb+K) into ts(dp+K) or sr(qcf x2+P DM) if possible for just a measly 1 [DC] and 1 dm bar. 2 dm bars if you finish it with sr(Surprise Rose), and the possibilities are pretty much endless.

LOL @ the abbrievations in that paragraph, at least write it out like hcb+B, or t.shot, or something (it's really not that so long you might as well write the damn thing out) coz it's a lot easier for the readers (and considerate). EDIT: I added some suggestions so it's up to you which format you liked better.

---
I wanted to point out that they started using more and more activations off light hits which is something I want to incorporate into my gameplay.  e.g., Shen did a d.B, Far B, HD --->   Normally at that distance he wouldn't be able to combo anything and his Far B would just end the block string but I think it's clever how they do that, especially since Shen doesn't have one good crossup and the d.B makes perfect sense after missing a crossup (it's so incredibly rare to get it off it's basically non-existent).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:20:38 PM by Kane317 »

Violent Ryo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 26, 2010, 11:15:49 PM »
at least write it out like hcb+B, or t.shot, or something (it's really not that so long you might as well write the damn thing out) coz it's a lot easier for the readers (and considerate).

Man.....i started playing SFIII again, and was trying to find info on Yun on the SRK forums, the whole thread was abbreviations i could not understand and was pretty frustrating...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:20:22 PM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 26, 2010, 11:21:41 PM »
at least write it out like hcb+B, or t.shot, or something (it's really not that so long you might as well write the damn thing out) coz it's a lot easier for the readers (and considerate).

Man.....i started playing SFIII again, and was trying to find info on Yun on the SRK forums, the whole thread was abbreviations i could not understand and was pretty frustrating...

Yeah, it's just lazy writing and if people can't even read what you're writing, what's the point in posting in the first place?

---
Think I'm going to start updating the first pages with the vids.  Between SMOAI's YT channel crashing and patch 1.1 coming out, I didn't feel the need to post the videos.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 12:01:12 AM by Kane317 »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 27, 2010, 12:06:54 AM »
man I was all excited when terry started coming out but then the dude just gets stomped on every time out, and its not like he had no chances either, damn it, ah well
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 12:14:12 AM by metaphysics »
" you fight well in the old style"

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 27, 2010, 06:45:10 PM »
^Nothing much to see there folks, just K' and Raiden doing their thing.

Raiden's drop kick getting nerfed was BS.

Was that just a taunt or did Kensou's fireball really misfire and result in a dumpling instead?

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #459 on: October 27, 2010, 06:57:50 PM »
Even though it's a lot of Raiden/K', there's still some change of strategy/play style going on. Raiden is comboing his SDM throw, and using weak combos to get to them, a slight larger variety in ways to get into his dropkicks, and playing with a bit less "Wait for the kick!" in his game overall.

The K' play is pretty similiar, but at least one thing I noticed is that there was a cancel of far c; into fireball-> upkick.

And we get some decent Hwa Jai, some more "Chin is the Anti K'!" play, and some blah Terry play! (Ichi-san fighitng pre-release had a better Terry than the ones we've seen for months... argh.)

Regarding Raiden, are we sure we're seeing lvl 4 kick here, and not lvl 3 used in it's place, btw? There's much more "combo into the Dropkick!" than before, as if they're covering for lost invulnerability. Could just be wishful thinking through!

The Nikuman instead of fireball is Kensou's taunt. Was kinda nice to see it, wish he'd... y'know.. won afterwards!

Anywho, will continue to update if/when more vids show up!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:01:18 PM by SAB-CA »

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #460 on: October 27, 2010, 06:58:33 PM »
Was that just a taunt or did Kensou's fireball really misfire and result in a dumpling instead?

I didn't see it. I missed some details because I was yawning.

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 27, 2010, 07:34:09 PM »
If you've been following the vids then you know Dune plays K'. Don't bother watching if it bothers you that much.

Been watching some videos.  Takuma no glitch is still nasty.  The Raiden now is interesting.  He's doing things he could do all along but never before. It's cool to see Raiden being played while not banking on Drop Kicks 24/7.   Also some other characters pop up like Athena/Terry/Chin/Hwa/Kim/Andy but I guess that doesn't matter because K' and Raiden is there.  Didn't know variety meant not seeing the best characters at all...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:59:31 PM by TYRANNICAL »
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #462 on: October 27, 2010, 08:24:05 PM »
A nice HD combo pulled off with Andy at the end of Part 7, btw.

I have to say, a lot of what I'm getting form these newer vids is "Opponent is not willing to spend meter on anything but 1 or 2 characters". P1 (Hiroto, according to Rakukouji, thx!) isn't afraid to let the HD combos and Drive cancels flow with anyone, but his opponents seem pretty reserved in their uses. (To be fair, he also makes it pretty hard for them to build meter).

It starts to stand out; When the opponents is never landing supers, never drive cancelling, and losing, and then when they start using EX reversals, comboing into DMs, and drive canceling for longer combos, they start to win more... A trait I'm all too familiar with, in my own fights.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 09:55:24 PM by SAB-CA »

Rakukojin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 27, 2010, 08:54:03 PM »
I'm not familiar with KOF players, but these videos are matches against Hiroto (1P) and not Dune.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 28, 2010, 12:20:52 AM »
yeah let you quote stand the way it is for better understanding. sometimes i type with a phone or with the ps3, its a pain in the ass to write long posts with that shit. so when you do see sentences longer than 5 im pretty much on kb and dont mind typing moves long or detailed. usually i dont post shit that short, but when its morning already and im sleepy and on a ps3 pad,. it get tiring.

havent seen most of th new vids yet, but terry getting stomped was allg good (from the batch with the king vid). dude was fucking horrible, does he even know how to play terry? in fact, the only REALLY GOOD terry ive seen, is the dev from snkp. (the ones where he beat the first dev, than got ocv's by dev using kyo, then ocv'd by dev using terry, hes da fucking man.).

on those developer vids, i showed them to some friends who are mainly interrested in sf (not mk, not anything else by capcom,  no airdashers or doujin fighters, no snkp etc). nman he got hyped as fuck by that vid, showed it to other friends of his who also only play sf and where really hyped and are still waiting for the release date.  i think this should pretty much be the hype vids for this game, cause even people not into snkp or kof in general was goddamn, i want that shit. which is always good, and fuck even i liked those vids a lot. that quality terry usage isnt on the neds anywhere, only one ive seen come close was mr kof and maybe 1 guy from the jpn vids. that dev is every pizzaboys hero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juhy_pz5rT8

for those that didnt know the hype. second vid is snkp dev kyo owning, 3rd one is snkp dev terry owning. that hd combo at the end had people like wow.

are these vids from the newer version? if so wtf at those bugs man.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:29:08 AM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!