Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027313 times)

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #495 on: October 30, 2010, 10:52:23 PM »
Yo, Mr. KOF, I remembered your comment about it all being about skill!!  When you brought that up I was like "Aw HELLLLLL YEAHHHH!!!!!!"

I swear, when KoFXIII goes on Team Spooky streams, the AI announcers should be the ones commentating there too!!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #496 on: October 31, 2010, 08:18:18 PM »
Some Vids from SMOAI2010, of a "Kansai Region Tornament" using v1.0 - There is some Mature play, but no uses of infinite, or of Takuma EX bug that I've seen in first 2 vids...

2010 1002関西地方 KOF XIII 大会 Part1
2010 1002関西地方 KOF XIII 大会 Part2
2010 1002関西地方 KOF XIII 大会 Part3

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 01, 2010, 04:35:39 PM »
^Really appreciate all the vid updates.

king had that cr.C aa since 94.

Ah, cool. Didn't pay much attention to her in previous KOFs so wouldn't know, looking forward to giving her a shot in this one though.

it has a hard time against hops since the startup is kinda slow, so i'd be careful with that. for jumps you kinda have to delay the timing a bit since the reach is short. otherwise, you'll just whiff.

Not that good then I guess but still better than nothing.

bubblanAB7

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 01, 2010, 04:37:23 PM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12609484
http://mmcafe.com/nico.html

Recently uploaded matches on Nico about 20 minutes long. Have just watched 30 sec and Ash is used in the first match.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 01, 2010, 06:18:01 PM »
athena got neomaxed to hell
GGNOREKTNXBAI ^^

ash got used 3 times, twice as a zoning/defensive battery and the last time as an anchor. of all 3 times, the match at 7:25 is most worth watching. very nice B&B combos.

and not a single raiden, a couple of Betsys tho. a huge range of the cast was played.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:24:40 PM by venusandeve »
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 01, 2010, 07:03:56 PM »
Yeah, great variety. The level of play isn't too high, but still fun to watch. Thanks for posting it.

I noticed a Fatal Fury team vs Iori team match, and a lot of default teams in general. I wonder if it was intentional? I think a cool idea for a side-tournament would be default team tournament.

Edit: Just noticed that at just past 5:00 you can see Daimon throw out his (counter) NeoMax. Either it has a really short window, or it doesn't work on lows, since it doesn't connect. Really nice counter DM though, since the pre-move animation is extremely subtle. It just looks like the start up to his ground-pound.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 07:13:57 PM by Rex Dart »

bubblanAB7

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 01, 2010, 07:05:02 PM »
and not a single raiden, a couple of Betsys tho. a huge range of the cast was played.

K' and Raiden are probably banned or at least soft-banned .

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 01, 2010, 07:12:52 PM »
^Thanks for the vid.

Kensou being able to juggle for free (without a counter) with the dash kick move after the regular air special (QCB+P?) was interesting.

Seeing more and more of King and that Maxima Neomax was sweet, faster than I thought so should be great for stuff moves and fireball whores.

Nice reset with Iori after the command grab, instead of doing a super after he did the dash move to get behind him and start the combo anew into the grab.

ash got used 3 times, twice as a zoning/defensive battery and the last time as an anchor. of all 3 times, the match at 7:25 is most worth watching. very nice B&B combos.

Not liking what I'm seeing of him thus far, aside from the EX super combos ppl just use him like a basic shoto. Had hoped for more with that new dash move and SNK saying that they put a lot of thought behind mind games with that stationary fire move.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 01, 2010, 07:35:35 PM »
^ he's prolly one of the least used characters, and his style is (imho) different from what we're used in kof. most ppl using ash in vids made huge noob mistakes like whiffing d~uK for free and i think this was the first time i've seen ash win while ppl were playing kinda serious (check out how punishing robert was in the same match). i'm gonna ask in the ash thread about the dash move, i think it's a cool move but unless it has invincible starting frames or goes thru fireballs, it's hard to place it in a match(EDIT: it's very fast...).

you're right about genee tho, it's not being used enough.
EDIT: ditto for caprice.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 07:49:38 PM by venusandeve »

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 01, 2010, 09:19:37 PM »
Interesting video.
It was nice to see some King action.
I also like the fact that we could see a little of Joe. After the removal of the infinite, he is not usually seen in videos anymore.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 02, 2010, 01:48:07 AM »
Some Vids from SMOAI2010, of a "Kansai Region Tornament" using v1.0 - There is some Mature play, but no uses of infinite, or of Takuma EX bug that I've seen in first 2 vids...

2010 1002関西地方 KOF XIII 大会 Part1
2010 1002関西地方 KOF XIII 大会 Part2
2010 1002関西地方 KOF XIII 大会 Part3

Watched the first one so far; so that's why they took out roll canceling.  Such a shame because Shen benefited from it as well without being too OP.  Damn you K'. =)

---
UPDATE: Found some matches on ON of our friends across the pond playing their friends across the urm...stream, yeah!

Note it's Direct Feed HD, it's their "first contact" tournament.  Although, average play, I'd like to point out an interesting Leona that relied nothing but the basics being so damn effective.  

KOF XIII First Contact/ Final/Hokuto-Youssef Vs Jeremie 23/10/10 @ La Mythik.

EDIT: Just read that the 1p has an advantage due more practice time (I dunno if that means weeks, days, or hours).

EDIT2: Ok it's starting to make sense now, the Brits went over to the play the French, and for the Brits it was their first contact.  The two finalists are French and they have been playing for a couple of weeks now.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 10:42:15 PM by Kane317 »

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 03, 2010, 07:07:45 PM »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:13:22 PM by Kane317 »
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 03, 2010, 08:13:34 PM »
Top 3- Romance vs. Mr. KoF

Great matches!  Loser of those matches takes third! Congrats.
OT: That's so strange Reynald. Obviously, you can hear me just fine through the headset yet the recorded level of my voice is barely audible... and we know it's not coz you're sitting next to me coz I couldn't hear any anyone else with the headset on. Maybe I just really have to speak louder.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:12:57 PM by Kane317 »

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 03, 2010, 08:15:34 PM »
ot: mic input level? move mic closer to ur mouth?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 03, 2010, 08:34:03 PM »
ot: mic input level? move mic closer to ur mouth?

OT: Yeah it's strange, though, Reynald can hear me just fine. So the recorded level and the playback levels were different. Oh well.