Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027381 times)

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #600 on: November 23, 2010, 06:36:52 PM »
man, those were a sight for sore eyes.

@Kane: did he NeoMax on wake-up or am i seeing things?
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 23, 2010, 08:27:19 PM »

Yeah I did a neomax on wake up. Most people don't expect a command grab from Ash, which makes it better to use in that way.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 23, 2010, 09:23:11 PM »
still not feeling Mai.

Kane is that kind of pro players I like and I admire. To participate in a tourney with Chin and Mai has more merit than pick up K', Kula or Iori and win the tourney. Probably he could pick up top tiers chars and became the winner or top 2, but he is not interested in it, he prefers choose characters he like and improve them to win, what of course, is not something easy.

Don't give up Kane :) I simply love your Mai gameplay

Definitely not a pro-player.  However, I know when I lose (I lose to The Answer, Reynald, Mr. KoF all the time), and I'm ok with it, and then I know it's coz I lost to something other than the opponent(8 gate joystick) -- I wanted to make sure so I challenged a rematched when we got back to the both of them and I got a very satisfying revenge when we got back playing joysticks we were more accustomed to (AI) -- they know I can give them a hard time if I play to my full potential ;)  

Thanks for the NCR vids, really fun matches, enjoyed them more than the SCR ones I think. Sweet Kyo/Iori action, still not feeling Mai.

I don't think Mai will ever satisfy certain players;  she's not your typical KOF character anymore.  No command attacks, no conventional dp, barely any non-corner combos.   What you see is what you get, but she does work, and she does it very effectively.

What you didn't see is Ash pushes my start buttons just as he performs the NeoMax...

I kid, I kid.  I ate that shit like it was cool!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:27:42 PM by Kane317 »

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 23, 2010, 10:08:55 PM »
@Ash: cool. too bad there aren't that many vids of you floating about.
@Kane: well, at least, he put u in that short list of ppl who've seen a neomax in a real match XD
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 23, 2010, 11:24:31 PM »
@Kane: well, at least, he put u in that short list of ppl who've seen a neomax in a real match XD

Haha.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #605 on: November 23, 2010, 11:40:37 PM »
Ash and the Yagami-powered command grab: Yeah, I enjoyed that moment too. "Camp the flash-kicker!" is a very popular trend, and the Neomax hurt o-so-much. It was a fantastic "This fight is FAR from over!" style moment.

My My Mai, you're so tricky!: Place me in the Camp of people who liked watching Mai work her unique magic. The few times I player her in older KoFs, I now wish I had her XIII normals; they look so well-executed and useful. Really making me consider putting her into a Team with, say, Leona and King, once the game comes to consoles...

Have tourney, will CHIN: Character personal preference before character tier, will always be my preference, as well. It was great seeing Iori finally show off his "slashes through EVERYTHING" side, as I felt upon seeing his TechRef. Seeing Shen use standing ;c autoguard so well was also a real treat.

Leona and the Standing  ;d to Moon Slasher: Are Leona's charges and moves really that easy in XIII? I swear, it's funny how the person in that vid really wasn't THAT impressive with the other charas... but then pulls out Leona moves that are extraordinary. It's great to see a charge character fit in so well with a crazy combo system...

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 23, 2010, 11:47:46 PM »

Yeah I did a neomax on wake up. Most people don't expect a command grab from Ash, which makes it better to use in that way.

That was fucking hilarious. lol  

I think that's the first time his NeoMax has been shown in an actual match. I know a lot of people aren't going to pick him. Some might not even look at his move list. That will be great to catch those people off guard. I thought it was a great move for SNK to give Ash a grab.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:53:58 PM by Gravelneed »

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 24, 2010, 01:37:08 AM »
I've done stand c/d to baltic launcher quite a few times while running in. I know the ai guys have seen it but i guess they thought nothin of it.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 24, 2010, 01:54:02 AM »
I've done stand c/d to baltic launcher quite a few times while running in. I know the ai guys have seen it but i guess they thought nothin of it.

I haven't seen it! Gotta show me next time. I can imagine sick combos off that.

All NeoMaxes look 10x better in person!

I think that's the first time his NeoMax has been shown in an actual match. I know a lot of people aren't going to pick him. Some might not even look at his move list. That will be great to catch those people off guard. I thought it was a great move for SNK to give Ash a grab.

48% Command grab is not too shabby, even though it takes up 3 power gauge and your whole drive bar.

I'm can see why most people don't pick Ash, even if they know what his potential can be. He's definitely a huge amount of work, practice, memorization. I'm still not quite there yet, still working on it.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 24, 2010, 07:43:12 PM »
I don't think Mai will ever satisfy certain players;  she's not your typical KOF character anymore.  No command attacks, no conventional dp, barely any non-corner combos.   What you see is what you get, but she does work, and she does it very effectively.

Just waiting on someone to unleash her is all, ala Leona and Athena.

I don't think this hit/run poking style while shooting EX projectiles from across the screen is all she has to offer. And she does have combos, though for some reason I saw more of them during the loketest than anywhere since.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 24, 2010, 11:11:27 PM »
I don't think Mai will ever satisfy certain players;  she's not your typical KOF character anymore.  No command attacks, no conventional dp, barely any non-corner combos.   What you see is what you get, but she does work, and she does it very effectively.

Just waiting on someone to unleash her is all, ala Leona and Athena.

I don't think this hit/run poking style while shooting EX projectiles from across the screen is all she has to offer. And she does have combos, though for some reason I saw more of them during the loketest than anywhere since.

The frequent Ex Kachosen is one of the few habits that separate my Mai from Ash's.  

Of course when designing a character they incorporate flexibility for playstyles, however the hit&run works so well with her speed, priority and jump arcs it's like saying Maxima has autoguards but you don't really play him using them which is such a waste (and for the record, I don't hit&run to win by time, ever -- one of the only other pet peeves I have).  Yes she has corner combos that, like Hwa Jai, come to life in the corner (Hwa being a more extreme case in damage and in variety) but she is very limited. Most of her combo starters are Ex Ryuenbu or hcf+K cancels, which in the corner leads to a bunch of Ryuenbu juggles, and that's really about it. Between Ash and I, we can perform all the longer Mai combos that we've posted in the Mai thread but have yet to capture the cooler variations on camera.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying THOSE Mais that you saw in the vids is the best Mai there is, of course not, I would never imply something so pretentious.  I'm just saying, by and large, that's how Mai is and there's nothing more crazy or revolutionary you're probably going to see in the coming months from any videos including the beloved KCE which I adore as well (but I pray that I'm wrong).

It's subtle, but I try to incorporate as much variety in my gameplay, you can see me going for the jump D (blocked) --> into wall jump mixups and I use her c.d~ub/uf+P for zoning, hell I even use her air dives and they're hella risky.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 11:24:04 PM by Kane317 »

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 25, 2010, 02:33:53 AM »
stand d to baltic launcher doesnt combo. i just use it for block damage/guard crush against unsuspecting ppl

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 25, 2010, 09:09:12 AM »
Here goes some new videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3tA40qkJ0Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARGfWY5KtCU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6HcIzMvHJw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfCIFt8iA7o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3B6r_Zqu1c

These weren't bad at all. Suffered from too much top tier use, but didn't ruin it for me. Surprised with the double K.O. in one vid, and the clinch victory with Shen. And was it just my computer or were some of the vids slightly higher in quality than normal?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #614 on: November 25, 2010, 10:03:49 AM »

We're apparently thinking the same thing. xD Nice job on that btw.

Wish I could practice more on him though.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:07:07 AM by Aenthin »