Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1028087 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #645 on: December 02, 2010, 02:24:35 AM »
i think most people dont wanna invest the time in a non top tier characters and just snatch the easiest win they can.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rakukojin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 02, 2010, 04:17:38 AM »
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#sm12914901

Footage from the Shinjuku Carnival ratio tournament. Looks like they recorded more than I originally thought :D

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 02, 2010, 05:41:58 AM »

Footage from the Shinjuku Carnival ratio tournament. Looks like they recorded more than I originally thought :D

Sweet combos at 3:30 (Yuri juggling), 11:20 (Athena corner), and that may be the first video where a character shows up in every match and it wasn't K' or Raiden.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 02, 2010, 06:09:56 AM »
Kane's favorite part is going to be around the 15 minute mark.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 02, 2010, 06:11:23 AM »
Those were some fun matches. Leona is a beast.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 02, 2010, 06:21:08 AM »
Most fun matches I've seen in a while for sure. These guys showed up all prepared for it with the characters, there didn't seem to be much in the way of weak links.

Really solid showing from lots of characters, Mai (her cr.C seems to be really good, possible low hitbox advantage), Yuri, Joe (great corner juggle, best Joe yet I think), Ryo , Kim, Athena (sweet HD combo), Maxima and more.

Limit a few bad apples and it feels like a whole new game.

After this vid I think I'll be picking Joe over Terry and Andy, really liked the look and fast pace of his gameplay.

Can't wait for the rest of the footage.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:29:23 AM by Diavle »

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 02, 2010, 06:34:24 AM »

These matches were really fun to watch.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #652 on: December 02, 2010, 07:22:16 AM »
Quite delicious, that Shinjuku Carnival Vid. Adding on to what else has been said, that might be the first time I've seen Maxima played in a way that seems... attentive? Also saw a lot of under-utilized normals in the vid, like King's jumping B, Mai's crouching C, Maxima's far C,and Vice anti-air jabbin to prove her AA anywhere juggle into EX move into Damage is almost as deadly as Elisabeth...

There was easily alot less of the "Oh, here comes -character X-, guess the fight is over now!" syndrome going on here. Every character pretty much showed how they can capitalize on openings, use simple Super cancels into EX DMs to cause big damage, or land devistating combos/intense mixups. Chin didn't even seem outpaced by Raiden's mega-damage, and Chin didn't even drink any!

(Is it weird I really like the way Mai's new VA says "Kachousen!" in this game?)

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 02, 2010, 08:56:57 AM »
There was easily alot less of the "Oh, here comes -character X-, guess the fight is over now!" syndrome going on here. Every character pretty much showed how they can capitalize on openings, use simple Super cancels into EX DMs to cause big damage, or land devistating combos/intense mixups. Chin didn't even seem outpaced by Raiden's mega-damage, and Chin didn't even drink any!

i think that mentality comes mainly from people who haven't really played the game yet. a few of the AI guys have agreed for the most part the that roster is decently balanced. almost every character has some kind of tool that can be utilized to a full degree. people who just watch have it embedded in their brain that "RAIDEN/K/LIZ OMG BROKEN!" mentality. granted, they have very good toolsets, but practically all of the other characters can give them a hard time if you have patience and learn your characters. on that note, i have a high suspicion that people who are complaining about top tier characters aren't going to be the ones using duo lon/leona/vice/hwa jai... actually i shouldn't include leona, since she's been getting a lot of love lately :)

on topic of the video, though, i think those vices were pretty terrible. based on the way they're playing her, it's like she's being played with older KOF strategy, which she is definitely not tailored to in XIII.

i also hope we see more athena in the future. given her general popularity in the series, i'm surprised people haven't played her much. though she's lost some of her strong points (super high-priority normals, for example), she's still a fun character and it's fun to watch her in action.

good stuff, and thanks to those of you who keep us updated with vids. most appreciated!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 02, 2010, 11:34:39 AM »
(Is it weird I really like the way Mai's new VA says "Kachousen!" in this game?)

That's no weird at all. That new voice is one of the bests things of this new Mai. Sounds more FF than KOF. I totally love it, not only her Kachosen, her NippoIchi and Hisatsu and Musasabi too.

I'm loving these vids, really enjoying them!

It's curious to see Mai's hcf+K and air qcb+P are not used at all. Only RyuEnbus and Kachousens (excpet for one EX hcf+K against Duo). I know, they are unsafe... but aren't they enough fast to tricky in some way? I think Musasabi while you escaping jumping back if you are been pursued could be effective (I always used Musasabi in this way). If they can not block on air, it should work in many cases.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:58:06 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 02, 2010, 12:30:53 PM »

That's no weird at all. That new voice is one of the bests things of this new Mai. Sounds more FF than KOF. I totally love it, not only her Kachosen, her NippoIchi and Hisatsu and Musasabi too.

I'm loving these vids, really enjoying them!

It's curious to see Mai's hcf+K and air qcb+P are not used at all. Only RyuEnbus and Kachousens (excpet for one EX hcf+K against Duo). I know, they are unsafe... but aren't they enough fast to tricky in some way? I think Musasabi while you escaping jumping back if you are been pursued could be effective (I always used Musasabi in this way). If they can not block on air, it should work in many cases.

Played a couple hours of Mai against Mr. Kof, really tried to test the limitations of her Musasabi no Mai (air dive) and it's just plain horrible, even trying to aim at the feet it's punishable.  I tried multiple angles and it's not worth eating a huge combo.  The Ex version is slightly better but still unsafe if you aim it too high.   Even tested her j.d.B which should be used sparingly as well.  As for the hcf K, it is what it is, if you're going to execute it -- it better connect.

---

I want to point out that it's so funny how much love the ratio tourney is getting now (even on mmcafe), yet when we proposed the idea 2 months ago people were so against it.  :/
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 12:32:56 PM by Kane317 »

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 02, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »
People are happy about the ratio system because they're tired of seeing the same characters get the spotlight.  Diversity by force seems welcomed.  I'm still gonna play whoever I want.  Not my fault SNKP's actions resulted in the tops being so beast.

Anyway I thought Ryo's projectile was unsafe?  His reference video showcased how unsafe it was compared to the EX version.  Now he's pressuring and poking nasty with it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 12:48:10 PM by TYRANNICAL »
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 02, 2010, 12:55:32 PM »
People are happy about the ratio system because they're tired of seeing the same characters get the spotlight.  Diversity by force seems welcomed.  I'm still gonna play whoever I want.  Not my fault SNKP's actions resulted in the tops being so beast.

Anyway I thought Ryo's projectile was unsafe?  His reference video showcased how unsafe it was compared to the EX version.  Now he's pressuring and poking nasty with it.

I was under the impression that Ryo was meant to pressure with his projectile; an instant wall to help him advance and get some good close-up combos. Probably is a surprise because there's been a limited amount of Ryo in vids up until a few weeks/months ago maybe.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 02, 2010, 02:08:48 PM »
Part 2 of the Ratio tournament:

http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#sm12916897
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #659 on: December 02, 2010, 02:25:31 PM »
Anyway I thought Ryo's projectile was unsafe?  His reference video showcased how unsafe it was compared to the EX version.  Now he's pressuring and poking nasty with it.
Seems like only the C version is unsafe on block. The A version has quick recovery while the EX version is the C version's range with the A version's properties. Still good to mix up all three of them though.

And finally! I haven't seen Athena for a really long time.

And oh nice Duolon on the part 2 video. Never thought you could combo jump B with air, f+B and still have time to do a ground combo. And this guy also makes good use of his command pokes.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 02:45:57 PM by Aenthin »