Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027239 times)

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #3420 on: July 17, 2013, 09:01:13 PM »
No problem there should be 3-4 more vids going up later today.

Also, after looking at the bracket some of those vids are not pool play (Ren vs Kyabetsu and Sange Tencho for example) but quarter finals.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: July 17, 2013, 09:04:06 PM »
Thanks for the videos Killey! :)

We needed some more videos of KOF XIII pool play, so your contribution is greatly appreciated. ;)

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: July 17, 2013, 09:20:59 PM »
I'm glad you guys posted up the streamed matches because I ended up missing some of them while recording these matches. I was banking on the archive or youtube vids for those stream matches. lol

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: July 18, 2013, 12:41:36 AM »
I'm glad you guys posted up the streamed matches because I ended up missing some of them while recording these matches. I was banking on the archive or youtube vids for those stream matches. lol

I was the one who posted up the videos for the quarter, semi, and finals, respectively for KOF XIII after the respective streams had ended. ;)

Other than that, pool play was a great contribution on your end, so thanks again. ;)

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: July 18, 2013, 04:14:26 AM »
Okay, so for actually discussing the matches posted so far.

Tokido vs Zeroblack

I hope people noticed in game 3 that Tokido was fishing hard for Kim's far s.D with Mr.Karate's cr.A. It was pretty obvious when he started throwing it out a lot and I'm wondering if Zeroblack noticed or made adaptations to play around it. In the end though he ended up getting tagged out of far s.D and Tokido hit confirms for a huge punish.

When it came down to the Kim mirror in game 3 the tension was high. Especially, when Tokido evened out the life in a span of a few seconds. I'm guessing at this point there was a huge mental shift with Zeroblack panicking and Tokido riding the momentum. Tokido took a lot more risk and was using his life as currency to apply pressure and create openings. Zeroblack seemed to shift to being defensive as he was probably thinking he only needed to play solid and land one hit to win. I was getting goosebumps at the end when it was a one touch situation and both players were scrambling to build meter for that EX Hangetsuzan. It seemed like a game of chicken at that point on who would pull the trigger first.

Ren vs Sange Tencho & Kyabetsu

There was a contrast with Japanese play and Chinese play. Both Kyabetsu and Sange Tencho play a very calculated game with just methodical choices. Ren's play style seemed more free flow with a very fast sequence of events from him. Also, his execution is insane and you should really hear the buttons on his stick when does the Rekka infinite. The rhythm is insane.

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: July 18, 2013, 07:25:33 AM »
Ren's consistency with the infinite dropped quite a bit compared to SEA something Frionel attributed to the PS3 timing during the 3v3. It could have also just been nerves.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #3426 on: July 18, 2013, 05:45:41 PM »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: July 18, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »

Tokido vs Zeroblack

I hope people noticed in game 3 that Tokido was fishing hard for Kim's far s.D with Mr.Karate's cr.A. It was pretty obvious when he started throwing it out a lot and I'm wondering if Zeroblack noticed or made adaptations to play around it. In the end though he ended up getting tagged out of far s.D and Tokido hit confirms for a huge punish.

I think you mean at the end of game 2...and Tokido ended up getting Zeroblack out of a Kim qcb+D, not far D. That qcb+D was probably an error, can't imagine why he would have done that.

Killey

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: July 18, 2013, 08:00:50 PM »
Sorry, I meant game 2. The only thing I can think of for that D Hangetsuzan coming out was maybe he wanted the EX version but it didn't come out.

Watching those 3v3's. Pako's Elisabeth is incredible. I really like how he approaches what I consider her tougher match ups.

2 more vids of pool play and quarters from Evo:

Reynald vs Dakou

KOF13 Evo2013 - AS|Reynald (P1) vs Dakou (P2)

Luffy vs Mr.KoF

KOF13 Evo2013 - WDM.MCZ|Luffy (P1) vs Mr KOF (P2)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #3429 on: July 19, 2013, 01:59:11 AM »
^ WTF, did Reynald do an anti-air crouching C into HD activation into Final Showdown to Neomax?
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: July 19, 2013, 03:55:53 AM »
Yes he did, he's known for doing st. CD into that. If you look closely he waits for the jump for about a second right before, he was definitely looking for it.
In it to win it!

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: July 19, 2013, 04:12:43 AM »
haha yep I've also seen him do a d+D to it as well..

if u watch the clip again just before he does it, he first tries the standing C+D, then a d+D, then a d+C which succeeds..

I am surprised Dakou doesnt play EX Kyo, as he is known to have the best Kyo in 98 and EX kyo is pretty close to kof 98 Kyo..

also after the 3x3 tournament Ren had a FT3 against Kou Kou, which Kou Kou won 3-1, watching his Kim is pretty insane, how did he not get further at evo?

I have no idea why Ren started dropping the Iori infinite so much, its definitely not the PS3 becos as far as I know he only plays on PS3 on his Rentime streams..

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: July 19, 2013, 09:21:49 PM »
Koukou is the best Kim player I think.

As for why they didn't do that well at Evo...I didn't see Koukou or Haregoro play on the big stage but Woo and Nemo seemed to break down under the pressure with everyone yelling. It's a very different atmosphere than their tournaments and it seems they aren't really used to do that...

Like in the case of Nemo, he did not do well at Evo in umvc3, but when it came to long sets for money, he beat PR Rog 15-6 and 15-12, lost to Wong 15-14, beat FChamp 20-11 for $500 and beat ChrisG 20-10 for $1000. That is extremely good consistency, but it was in a different atmosphere than the evo tournament atmosphere.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: July 20, 2013, 01:32:43 AM »
koukou got 9th place.  I would call that a pretty good performance!

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: July 20, 2013, 09:04:12 PM »
Nemo always seems to crack in tourneys even in Japan. From what little I saw of Woo before EVO I never saw him play as defensive as he did at EVO. I though Haregoro was playing the best out of the JP players when I was watching him in pools but lost to Fox and KouKou.