Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027544 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #3675 on: November 08, 2014, 10:13:02 PM »
I hate to say it, but this site has been on it's death bed for ages. It was very lively back in 2010-2012, but it's been dying for the last two years. Look at the sorry state it's in right now. People used to come to this site to discuss all SNK games. But ya know, once XIII was released on console, for a long time KOFXIII was the only game that got any attention. Since KOFXIII's first splash at Evo, it's been slowly dissolving, especially in the last year.

Sorry you feel that way. If you want to help to make it better for you (and others if they feel the same way) I'm open to suggestions and recommendations. But you don't have anything to contribute that's fine, but I'd rather hear solutions to problems rather than complains that lead to nowhere.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: November 09, 2014, 09:49:54 AM »
I hate to say it, but this site has been on it's death bed for ages. It was very lively back in 2010-2012, but it's been dying for the last two years. Look at the sorry state it's in right now. People used to come to this site to discuss all SNK games. But ya know, once XIII was released on console, for a long time KOFXIII was the only game that got any attention. Since KOFXIII's first splash at Evo, it's been slowly dissolving, especially in the last year.

KOFXIII has become extremely dull, and SNK Playmore is not supporting the game or it's community at all.

he's been nothing but a troll.

Yeah, I get it man: you like how KOF used to be in the past. But that's exactly what it is: the past. Get over it!

I'm not a troll, I'm speaking honestly here.

And, sure, I do like how KOF used to be in the past. But just because it's the past doesn't mean I'm gonna forget about it, games like KOF98 were one of the most important fighting games in history. It's the same with alot of fighting games for me, I think alot of the classics are better than the newer games.

Regardless, KOFXIII is done. Best to make one final send off video for it.

I can't really think of any major events that were "exciting" for the game from this year outside of the Cafeid tournament and maybe Evo... but honestly, Evo 2014 was pretty forgettable for KOFXIII to me compared to 2012 and maybe even 2013.

The Secret Society Battle Royale was a fun & exciting event even though it unfortunately took place the same weekend as NorCal Regionals & there's even footage links here in the Results thread, there was the usual SoCal Regionals that was pretty cool, AND let's not forget the Northwest Majors event with the Reynald & Tokido MM & that whole Top 8 period which was exciting. Those tournaments should have moments in them too. Oh yeah, there was CEO 2014 which was I think Misterio's first time playing in US soil.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: November 09, 2014, 10:46:25 AM »

KOFXIII has become extremely dull, and SNK Playmore is not supporting the game or it's community at all.

Yeah, I get it man: you like how KOF used to be in the past. But that's exactly what it is: the past. Get over it!

And, sure, I do like how KOF used to be in the past. But just because it's the past doesn't mean I'm gonna forget about it, games like KOF98 were one of the most important fighting games in history. It's the same with alot of fighting games for me, I think alot of the classics are better than the newer games.

I can't really think of any major events that were "exciting" for the game from this year outside of the Cafeid tournament and maybe Evo... but honestly, Evo 2014 was pretty forgettable for KOFXIII to me compared to 2012 and maybe even 2013.

KOF XIII is only "done" for you personally. It's very apparent that it's not for others. All you say amounts to "I don't like KOF XIII anymore/this year so it sucks and it's done" and that's not how it works.

The games of the past had their shot at being relevant but missed it. That ought to show you just how "important of a fighting game in history" KOF '98 was. So now you gotta give someone else a chance. KOF XIII got that chance, seized it, and for once made KOF relevant in the US. As a KOF fan, you should be happy for that. But no. You just have to bash on it because it's not past KOF. People like you who hang on to the past are what's holding back the community from advancing. All that negativity from the so-called "fans" don't give players any incentive to want to go on.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:57:02 AM by marchefelix »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: November 09, 2014, 10:47:51 AM »
And all I really came here for today was to post a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1XIWAwGfnU

I love flashy combo videos because even though they're impractical, they can give you a good idea of the crazy stuff they can do and can motivate you to find out if anything in there could be in the least bit useful.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:59:40 AM by marchefelix »

Malik

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: November 09, 2014, 05:59:04 PM »

KOF XIII is only "done" for you personally. It's very apparent that it's not for others. All you say amounts to "I don't like KOF XIII anymore/this year so it sucks and it's done" and that's not how it works.

The games of the past had their shot at being relevant but missed it. That ought to show you just how "important of a fighting game in history" KOF '98 was. So now you gotta give someone else a chance. KOF XIII got that chance, seized it, and for once made KOF relevant in the US. As a KOF fan, you should be happy for that. But no. You just have to bash on it because it's not past KOF. People like you who hang on to the past are what's holding back the community from advancing. All that negativity from the so-called "fans" don't give players any incentive to want to go on.

"KOF XIII is only "done" for you personally. It's very apparent that it's not for others. All you say amounts to "I don't like KOF XIII anymore/this year so it sucks and it's done" and that's not how it works.

The games of the past had their shot at being relevant but missed it. That ought to show you just how "important of a fighting game in history" KOF '98 was. So now you gotta give someone else a chance. KOF XIII got that chance, seized it, and for once made KOF relevant in the US. As a KOF fan, you should be happy for that. But no. You just have to bash on it because it's not past KOF. People like you who hang on to the past are what's holding back the community from advancing. All that negativity from the so-called "fans" don't give players any incentive to want to go on."

THANK YOU, FRIGGIN THANK YOU, we're FINALLY getting to the root of one of the big issues that has held this game back from the potential it could have been had. You have no idea how happy this makes me knowing that others feel the same way and that these issues need to be addressed.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: November 09, 2014, 06:48:39 PM »

I love flashy combo videos because even though they're impractical, they can give you a good idea of the crazy stuff they can do and can motivate you to find out if anything in there could be in the least bit useful.

Thanks for posting this, I just uploaded this on the front page.

Also, regarding peoples opinions on how they feel about certain games, for me personally, I don't get bent out of shape about it. I just play and care for what I like or what interests me. All RunningWild is expressing is his own opinion and it should be respected even if you disagree with him. I feel what affects the community are the actions of the people playing the game, not what people are saying that don't play or support the game.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: November 09, 2014, 10:30:50 PM »

Thanks for posting this, I just uploaded this on the front page.

Also, regarding peoples opinions on how they feel about certain games, for me personally, I don't get bent out of shape about it. I just play and care for what I like or what interests me. All RunningWild is expressing is his own opinion and it should be respected even if you disagree with him. I feel what affects the community are the actions of the people playing the game, not what people are saying that don't play or support the game.

Indeed, it's about the actions of the people playing the game... and those actions just happen to be that they don't want to support the game that's relevant because it's not like something else they like. And those particular actions are CLEARLY hurting the community, and some people like Malik agree with me.

You yourself have fallen for that kind of behavior, Desmond. You're constantly saying that KOF XIII is at its deathbed and that you'd rather play other games, and quite frankly, this isn't the kind of things the administrator of the web's only KOF XIII-centric website (and don't fool yourself; this is definitely what this website is; discussion of other games is here to allow a varied environment but the focus isn't those games) should be saying. Don't you realize that the behavior you display will affect the website's morale?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:34:03 PM by marchefelix »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: November 10, 2014, 12:47:28 AM »

Indeed, it's about the actions of the people playing the game... and those actions just happen to be that they don't want to support the game that's relevant because it's not like something else they like. And those particular actions are CLEARLY hurting the community, and some people like Malik agree with me.

This is just my opinion, but to be honest, you don't really have to support a game because it's just relevant & new. You should support it if you like the game, and or if you care about the people (if they are your own friends, etc) that play the game. For me, I don't really like Smash but I really like how the community conducts itself (from what I have seen), so they get my support even if its just watching a stream or caring about their presence at a tournament, and caring about players I like.

You yourself have fallen for that kind of behavior, Desmond. You're constantly saying that KOF XIII is at its deathbed and that you'd rather play other games, and quite frankly, this isn't the kind of things the administrator of the web's only KOF XIII-centric website (and don't fool yourself; this is definitely what this website is; discussion of other games is here to allow a varied environment but the focus isn't those games) should be saying. Don't you realize that the behavior you display will affect the website's morale?

This site focuses mainly on KOF/SNK not KOFXIII only. Yeah, we have focused attention on KOFXIII to jump start the community because it is the latest KOF game, but we support and provide coverage on the most popular KOF/SNK games (with a few older titles). This site was created before KOFXIII was released and people here were playing different KOF games and different SNK fighters (like RB2, AOF, etc).

I support the game, the players and community even though I don't actively play it anymore. I love the game and yes, I would rather invest my time into playing other KOF games. That shouldn't decrease the morale of this site at all unless I stopped caring at of what's going on the the KOFXIII community or if I were completely negative toward the community and players. I am entitled to my own opinions of the game itself, and that should be respected and should not deter anyone's disposition towards the site. Honestly, I tell people to keep playing and encourage people to keep building their communities. I never told one person to NOT play KOFXIII.

Regarding the game being on it's deathbed, I do believe that the game still has dedicated people playing but it has stagnated a bit, to not acknowledge that would be pretty foolish and very fan-boyish. There isn't a influx of new players lately, and hype of the game have slowed down. Who or what to blame for that? We will build about that on the next Dream Cancel Live podcast. :)

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: November 10, 2014, 02:03:43 AM »
US as a whole has never really been big on KOF, u get groups of 8-10 players scattered around the country, but thats as far as it goes.. many other casual gamers who played it a few times move on to the next big fighting game on the market..
and that causes it to slowly die..

On the other hand Japan, Korea and Mexico have always been big on KOF, which is why even 2 years from now even if there isnt a new KOF, they will still be playing KOF XIII..

IMO XIII is the finest KOF ever made, its got everything 98 has and then some..

As much as I like 98, I've always seen it as a toned doen version of 97.. ^^

Coffeeling

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: November 12, 2014, 06:29:33 PM »
IMO XIII is the finest KOF ever made, its got everything 98 has and then some..

As much as I like 98, I've always seen it as a toned doen version of 97.. ^^

As much as I love 13, it doesn't have "everything" 98 had. I've played 98 only once and that one time alone was enough to convince me it's a different game. Anyone can see it just from watching footage. The game's horizontal movement is just less in absolute terms and players can't get that far away from each other => buttons control a proportionally larger part of the screen (plus there's more strong buttons, but IMO it's primarily the movement because even in matchups with strong dominant buttons 13 doesn't play like 98). Ends up lending it a feel somewhere between 13 style and Street Fighter style. Fun as hell, but different. It's very easy to see why someone would prefer 98 or 13 to the other. The main 13-hateful things I fucking despise are claims that it's not KOF or that the game is all about ToD combos when that's just plain false.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: November 12, 2014, 07:02:09 PM »
'98's main difference is the severe lack of vortex options. A lot of naysayers hate that about it saying it feels "clunky", but from someone who prefers footsies, but still have options to approach the game in many different ways it's one of the best.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: November 14, 2014, 09:12:09 AM »
I think we're getting a little off-topic here so I'm gonna post some videos I found:

KoF XIII : Combo Compilation by OTIKA (10)

KoF XIII : Kyo Stun Combo by rotmix

I got another video for Desmond's compilation. This one's from summer:

KoF XIII : Kaoru vs Woo [Compilation]

That Daimon comeback @ 4:56

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: November 15, 2014, 08:17:34 AM »

Damn, this was good. Please post more :)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: December 17, 2014, 09:42:01 AM »

Damn, this was good. Please post more :)

A bit late in complying to this. Not too late, I hope... I remember how last year I submitted a lot of clips at the last minute and you couldn't add them lol

A recent video here. @ 9:00

NEC 15 KOFXIII Top 16 TS XAQshinor vs TKC ON Vicio

I hope high-level casuals count! @ 15:40

KOFXIII STEAM EDITION-ONLINE MATCH #34

As for this video...

Grand Finals NEM Flanders KOF Vs VGM ZeroBlack - KOFXIII 5to Drinks & Fight Tournament Series

Take your pick, really. Everything about this was hype. But if I had to pick out moments, I'd say the Daimon OCV starting @ 8:40 (you can tell I have a weakness for great Daimon play... and he's not even one of my favorite characters lol) and the moment starting @ 28:48
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:45:50 AM by marchefelix »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: December 18, 2014, 07:00:52 PM »
Great picks, marchefelix. They will be added to the list! Post anymore you have or come across. Thanks again.