Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027628 times)

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #705 on: December 22, 2010, 01:10:42 AM »
Your sig got buffed, krazykone!!  THAT'S SICK!!!!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 12:10:09 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 26, 2010, 08:11:03 AM »
KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 26, 2010, 09:05:29 AM »
Merry Christmas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbaQPmPr9RU

thanks for the upload. i really enjoyed this vid. solid leona play in the beginning. i'm also glad to see more people playing patient neutral with vice (and lol @ vice neomax near the end of the vid. it's good for punishing lots of things and i always enjoy seeing it).

the king v maxima round was pretty interesting. it reminds me a lot of i way i play her, but the player showed a lot better fundamentals than i normally put out lol. the combo they landed at around 5:58 is a variation of one of my favorite corner combos (they went the flashier route over the more damaging one). it's not the one i normally do, but i never knew that you could land a tornado kick for extra damage after the double strike juggle, so i thought that was kinda cool.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: December 26, 2010, 02:11:48 PM »
really nice, it's great to see so many new characters putting up a show. dunno who he is, but the player using ash as a battery seems to have gotten quite a grip on that play style.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 26, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »
Fantastic matches, pretty much every character had an excellent showing.

Loved the tension in the last round of the first match. The Leona player had a definite life advantage but still couldn't lame it out and take it easy because even though the Shen player had next to low life he was lots of meter. This is great about KOF13 I think, keeps the tension going.

Easily the best King thus far, from combos to the actual gameplay. The guy often times showed great control of space between pressure and fireballs. Same with the Ash play, the guy went beyond the usual shoto-ness we see with this character. Sweet neomax use for both.

Kyo was fantastic, as always, and Kensou had a pretty good showing too.

That Leona was so dangerous, really clawed for her life there in the last round of the last match.

really nice, it's great to see so many new characters putting up a show. dunno who he is, but the player using ash as a battery seems to have gotten quite a grip on that play style.

Yeah that Ash was fantastic. I liked how he used the the speed of b+D (?) to cancel his normals so as to recover faster and create some distance. Worked on blocked normals too, kinda like Kensou's back hope after a hit.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 26, 2010, 07:34:25 PM »
Yeah that Ash was fantastic. I liked how he used the the speed of b+D (?) to cancel his normals so as to recover faster and create some distance. Worked on blocked normals too, kinda like Kensou's back hope after a hit.

a way to play more offensively while staying safe, which isn't easy if your opponent reads thru a more limited choice of moves(ie: if you stick to 3 moves). he really has his stuff worked out. loved his sparing use of genee to disrupt attacks.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 26, 2010, 07:39:08 PM »
Holy freaking shiiiit!!!amazing gameplay... so high level

Who are those 2 players?I need their names lol.Especialy the p1 one...He is using kyo and vice in the same team like I would^^

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #713 on: December 26, 2010, 07:44:26 PM »

Not just b+D though but b+B as well. I realized how safe (though not too safe) b+B is on block as it pushes him away from the opponent.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #714 on: December 26, 2010, 09:11:10 PM »
Thanks for the vids Shiranui & Kusanagi!

Reguarding Kusanagi's KOF XIII (Ver1.1) 対戦動画Ⅳ vid, while I really like the other characters that have been mentioned )especially Leona, King, and Vice), I got a kick out of the Maxima play here, too. The player did a really good job at using his tools, and not just getting killed like so many Maxima's before him.

It still impresses me how so many characters can look so awesome in this game. It's great to see so many characters taken further and further by skilled players.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: December 26, 2010, 10:09:39 PM »
not sure if this vid was posted:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11381945
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: December 27, 2010, 12:01:09 AM »

Awsome footage here of Maxima, King, Ash, Leona, and Vice. Very interesting King tactics, and maybe the best Ash I've seen so far. And has anyone else noticed how some characters had different win/time-up animations? Saw what looked like a new one for Vice (win) and Kyo (time-up loss) around the middle of the vid. Hope this means Iori is getting his insane laugh back.

Also just noticed the London stage has had a foggy, cloudy, and sunny backgrounds. Have these just been thrown in to the 1.1 version, or am I just really late?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 12:17:33 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 27, 2010, 12:35:09 AM »

Who are those 2 players?I need their names lol.Especialy the p1 one...He is using kyo and vice in the same team like I would^^

I AGREE THE PLAY WAS AWESOME!!!!!!

And btw, I'm going to have those two on my team as well!!  Who's your third??  Mine's Terry :)

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: December 27, 2010, 10:16:21 AM »
one of the best video i have seen
great players and use of many characters happy to see leona vice and king at those levels as they ll probably be my team

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 27, 2010, 07:37:50 PM »

I AGREE THE PLAY WAS AWESOME!!!!!!

And btw, I'm going to have those two on my team as well!!  Who's your third??  Mine's Terry :)
Yuri prolly