Author Topic: Total Eclipse April 30th Starts at 8pm PST  (Read 3923 times)

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
Total Eclipse April 30th Starts at 8pm PST
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:54:09 PM »
I know this isn't the right section for this, but I feel this is where it will get the most attention.

For those who don't know, Total Eclipse is the biggest SNK tournament in Japan. The games that are being held are Last blade 2, King of Fighters 98 and Garou MOTW. Last year Garou was the biggest draw, and it seems the same for this year (registration is still going on).

the problem with last year's even was that it didn't get streamed, all we had for info was twitter, which sucked. this year, they are sponsored by Enterbrain and will be streaming the event on Enterbrains website.

Here is the schedule for the show (all Pacific Time)

April 29 8:00p - Last Blade 2
April 29 10:00p - King of Fighters 98
April 30 12:00a - Garou MOTW
April 30 2:00a - Finals

Last Blade 2 players:  R-MOON, who is considered one of the best, if not the best, LB2 players in the world, took second place last year to a really good Mukuro player.

KOF 98 players: 777, who won KOF 98 last year with his amazing Kim. 777's training partner(?) Amy who we see get turned into a combo video by 777 (see Emilll's page on YT) is in 98. 777 also stated that he has been practicing MOTW (Dong) and LB2 (Setsuna), so hopefully we see him do well at another SNK genre (last year he didn't make it out of the first round 98 not included).

MOTW players: Oyatsu (Atsu) who is known for his sick Dong play is also in the tourney.  Yoshimizu, formerly the best player in Japan, has also decided to enter the tourney, he will be using Jae to try to take out the competition. Amenemori, who took top 8 last year with his awesome Terry will be back again this year. mhata, one of the top Kain players who placed 2nd last year, who is also known for dominating acho MOTW tournaments will be back.

I'll update this post as I get more info. The stream will be held on Enterbrains website http://www.famitsu.com/live/

If you're an SNK fan, you will watch this, unless you're at a XIII tourney ;)

Nocturnal and I tried to go last year, but couldn't get enough dough, and this year he was too busy and I couldn't afford it :/
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:36:57 PM by Giby »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Total Eclipse April 30th Starts at 8pm PST
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:06:54 PM »
Where's this being held?

Also, why would the biggest SNK tournament in Japan not feature 2002UM or XIII? Not a critique, it just seems strange.

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:15:06 PM »
Their focus is classic games.

the event was held at the Enterbrain offices
http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/corporate/map.html

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »
Thanks for the info man, this sounds like it's going to be awesome, I would have loved for you or Noc to join the GAROU tourney and rep the US!!!!!

If you're an SNK fan, you will watch this, unless you're at a XIII tourney ;)

Hmm, I how about being at a KOF XIII event/tourney while watching this stream? I might be able to make it happen and since it's a Friday night you and Noc might be able to join us :).
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 09:44:02 PM »
That would be great, but Noc has to work Saturday, and I doubt we'd be able to make it, especially since the event will run until 4a Sat. It would be awesome if we did that, I'll let you know if anything changes.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 05:18:16 AM »
cool like all the old snk games and not snkp games. theyve selected the best games imo for competetive play, wouldnt have minded seeing rb2 in there as well though.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 10:05:47 PM »
TONIGHT!!!!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 10:07:01 PM »
TONIGHT!!!!

You're going to be at AA watching it from our netbook right?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 09:06:58 PM »
Damn almost missed this, so glad I was bored and lurking the general section right now.

8pm pst is something like 11pm Canada time, can't wait.