Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Bug/Glitches Thread | Version 1.1 is available  (Read 22454 times)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Bug/Glitches Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 07:00:55 PM »
The free EX moves for Goro and Takuma don't take a power gauge when they have 0 gauge. If they have 1 power gauge or more, it'll consume them normally.

As for Goro getting out of Iori's super, that was me doing the super. It was done off a combo, so there didn't seem to be any pre-conditions that might've caused it.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 12:27:14 PM »
A few glitches in the beginning of this match. Not sure if they were mentioned all ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axNFkvu9kQo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 05:46:25 PM »
A few glitches in the beginning of this match. Not sure if they were mentioned all ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axNFkvu9kQo

It was mentioned over at the video thread but it belongs here:

feat Iori DM's bug aaaaand a new bug ( ? ) with Kyo.

I think the bug with Iori is obviously bad, but thank god it's his DM and not his Ex DM (I justify that you might as well finish it with some Ex move instead of the DM). Still bad, but at least it wasn't his Ex DM which there would be no replacement for damage.

As for the K' and Kyo bug, I think the parameters are uncertain what triggers it, and if it's character specific to Kyo or to K'; more testing is needed.

---
have you guys run into any of these bugs/glitches during casual play?

EDIT: Sorry for the late response.  In short, no.  Not really, in fact, I don't know how half these bugs are discovered.  The game plays just fine and it just needs a bit of a tweaking.

---
UPDATE: Read somewhere how the Iori bug works.  If you knock your opponent away and hit them with your DM (basically juggled), that's when the condition is triggered -- which kinda makes sense since if they never did a DM you should be able to tech roll.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 12:48:18 PM by Kane317 »

krazykone123

OP is updated with Version 1.1 information

Shiranui_ninja

Version 1.1 Update

- Throw escape bug for Mai is apparently still present
- Infinites limited to character pairing (Kim vs Takuma, Iori vs Mai) are reportedly still present

In what these bugs consist? any vid to see them?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Version 1.1 Update

Changes

- Roll HD is gone.

I think the report is great news, of course many of us are disappointed that no changes were made to Raiden but at least it's a step forward. I'm REALLY curious why the decision to remove roll cancel HD; was it too abusive? The only person I can think of that benefited from it too much (and was good already) was perhaps K'.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
whats up with:

- Throw escape bug for Mai is apparently still present (what does this mean?)
- Infinites limited to character pairing (Kim vs Takuma, Iori vs Mai) are reportedly still present (can infinite each other?)

so that k jump bug is gone i assume. anybody wanna tell me what these 2 bugs are that you guys listed?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Shiranui_ninja

whats up with:

- Throw escape bug for Mai is apparently still present (what does this mean?)
- Infinites limited to character pairing (Kim vs Takuma, Iori vs Mai) are reportedly still present (can infinite each other?)

anybody wanna tell me what these 2 bugs are that you guys listed?

Looks like nobody knows it. I can't tell why but I know both bugs are bad for Mai... ¬_¬U

Anyway, no more reports about the patch? I thought this weekend people will start comfirm things about it. What about you, AI guys? Are going to have patch on AI? did you ask to the owner? Could be great if the coming tournament on 23rd could be with the patched version, isn't it?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:59:20 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
looks like is going to be about a month before we get it.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
Quote from: SonicTempest
So I was randomly checking to see if Dune had done anything with the patched version of XIII and came across this blog entry:
http://dune.duel-kof.com/?eid=1411677

He describes a bug that explains what some people were chalking up to control issues.

Basically, if you force the opponent to overlap with an attack from behind that whiffs against crouchers (e.g. K's stand A on wakeup, or as they're landing from a jump) and the opponent tries to block it standing, doing a low attack immediately afterwards will make them unable to switch to blocking low, so they end up eating the low attack. Apparently it was used in the KCE vs Sisters matches as well as the first round of Tougeki.

That said, the blog entry dates to 7th October, the date of the release of 1.1, and I don't know if that bug is still present or not.

(My Japanese is very much flawed, so if I've made a mistake in my translation do let me know)

Thanks to ST from ON.

Is anyone else able to elaborate on this just in case something else was missed?

Shiranui_ninja

I read a post from Kane in MMCafe forum where he says the patch will come this Thursday to AI. Great news!

Here are some words of Professor from MMCafe about the patch. Thanks so much to him:

I haven't been able to hit the arcades this weekend as planned but from what I understand, the last hit on her Death Row has either been taken out, or its hit detection lasts for only a very short time that it can't be used in a juggle. With Joe, there's mixed reports that either his weak Hurricane Upper has been slowed down just a little bit, or the rapid punches has been toned down so that it doesn't juggle as much (apparently the 3rd hit doesn't make it in). Iori's DM bug has reportedly been fixed.

Also, there's apparently a bug with Mai that wasn't discovered until now where she's left with an unblockable frame at wakeup under certain conditions- so far it's been found that she has it after being thrown face down to the ground. It's probably the reason why Iori has had an infinite against her.

That Mai's bug is really depressing, I hope they fix this for the console version :(

Anyway, it will be very interesting if you guys can check this bug and others (like the Kim vs. Takuma infinite) at AI, and give us more details. because for now all explanations about are in japanese or really poor. I read too K' colors have been adjusted, don't know exactly what this means.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:42:51 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I read a post from Kane in MMCafe forum where he says the patch will come this Thursday to AI. Great news!

Indeed that's the word, we'll have to sit tight for another 48 hours.

---
Version 1.1 Changes translated by SonicTempest from Orochinagi credit to http://kakuge.info/archives/46 and http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/ga ... 286459229/

Another source:
http://kakuge.info/archives/46

Translating:
- All bugs that cause the game to freeze have been removed
- Mature and Joe's infinites have been removed
- Takuma, Daimon and Ash' bugs with the use of EX moves have been corrected (Ash' bug is the one where his b_f+BD charges stock)
- The bug where opponents could roll out of the last hit of Iori's Yaotome has been fixed
- Hwa Jai's bug where he disappears off the screen has been fixed
- The lag in K's guard cancel forward roll has been removed
- Mai's wakeup bug is still present (? which bug is this?)

There's something about another Takuma-related bug that's still present.

Stuff translated off the first link:
- Dash rolls now have less startup
- K's color variations have been adjusted
- Raiden takes damage when getting hit out of his anti-air throw
- Kyo's 1-frame SDM Orochinagi can be guarded by the CPU when the setting is set to 'all guard'. Don't know if this means that throw escape -> 1F ON can be blocked now

« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 01:50:54 AM by Kane317 »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
this makes me SOO freaking happy... Thank You SNK... no more stupidness... now lets tweak these other random little bugs here and there... tone down Raiden's drop kick... and give us KOFXIII on console SOON...!!!
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

sir_arthur

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
way to go SNK, keep your game up and alive!!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
way to go SNK, keep your game up and alive!!

Welcome sir_arthur, introduce yourself in the meet and greet section!