Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Bug/Glitches Thread | Version 1.1 is available  (Read 22347 times)

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
BOOOO! Hwa's glitch shoulda stayed, get the lead then fly away!

Hahaha I love glitches like that the video made me lol so hard.

Beelzemon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Did the slight change in the dropkick make a big enough difference at the arcades?

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
I still think Raiden is too much, I haven´t played the game, my opinion is purelly based on videos so I could be mistaken but I still think the guy is overpowered.
It is a character I'm interested in, but I hope he is tonned down a little bit in future updates.

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I still think Raiden is too much, I haven´t played the game, my opinion is purelly based on videos so I could be mistaken but I still think the guy is overpowered.
It is a character I'm interested in, but I hope he is tonned down a little bit in future updates.
Raiden is like a time bomb, 25 seconds before you die.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Raiden is like a time bomb, 25 seconds before you die.

Ha ha, so it seems.
I also have the impression that Elizabeth is kind of cheap also, but I would definatelly had to play against her to make sure. She might be just a regular top tier character, wich is just normal in any fighting game.
The console version has not been anounced yet, wich means it will not be released until next year, so it is possible we could see a new update in late November or December (I don´t think there will be more updates after the console port is released).

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
I also have the impression that Elizabeth is kind of cheap also, but I would definatelly had to play against her to make sure. She might be just a regular top tier character, wich is just normal in any fighting game.

i'm not really sure what you mean when you say she's "cheap", i think she has solid tools. it's easy to confirm into her DP for easy damage without needing HD mode. plus, her anti-air super is pretty versatile in or out of combos. as far as i know, she doesn't have any extremely good normals or gimmicks. she's just an easy character to play offensively. of course, i'm not any good with her, but that's just my impression. i don't even see people really play her at AI. kinda curious to why that is. it's not like i don't see a bunch of k's every now and then, and i don't think she's nearly that good.

Chowdizzle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Ha ha, so it seems.
The console version has not been anounced yet, wich means it will not be released until next year, so it is possible we could see a new update in late November or December (I don´t think there will be more updates after the console port is released).

Eh her DM does far from enough damage for me to consider her cheap. Sure it's easy to hit confirm into and land but in this game what DM isn't? Well maybe not that easy but not terribly hard. She just seems like a solid character to me, fine exactly how she is IMO. If she really was that good we'd see her more. She's in the AI videos plenty but KCE I think I've seen her once.

and @ Fatacon LOL your sig. I didn't see the movie but I saw that part on youtube and I laughed so damn hard. Though the best was in the Fatal Fury 2 movie where at the end the last line is "Okay!"
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:05:25 AM by Chowdizzle »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
i'm not really sure what you mean when you say she's "cheap", i think she has solid tools. it's easy to confirm into her DP for easy damage without needing HD mode. plus, her anti-air super is pretty versatile in or out of combos. as far as i know, she doesn't have any extremely good normals or gimmicks. she's just an easy character to play offensively. of course, i'm not any good with her, but that's just my impression. i don't even see people really play her at AI. kinda curious to why that is. it's not like i don't see a bunch of k's every now and then, and i don't think she's nearly that good.

Here goes...
You kinda answered his question to why people thing she's "cheap", I wouldn't call her that per se, just top tier.  There were two to three more players that used her, two dropped playing XIII for whatever reason (or comes real infrequent--Martin and Pepe/Guerro), the other was RJ (used to mained her in XII) who muttered something like "it's easy mode when you play with her" and stop using her as well.  Some ppl feel that she's WAY too easy to use and her dial-a-combo dp makes her boring.  The only person who even attempts the harder combos with her ("harder" is really relative to her easy combos, maybe "normal" is the right word)  is The Answer, who at least goes for the triple dp combos+drive cancel combos that is at least easy to mess up; I respect that.  

All in all, I wouldn't consider her OP but just kinda mind numbing easy, definitely top tier (A+).  Personally, if they removed either her command throw OR her Counter, she'd be fine.  Having both a super good counter, Command Throw that both lead into her dial-a-combos, good jump attacks (B and D) with B being a particularly good crossup, d.B combos, juggle anywhere into DM, safe specials, builds meter quick, easy to use, overall high damage, and a counter NM.  IMHO, any one of those properties individually are not OP, but combined it makes her top tier.

I do agree however, she's not K'. =)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 10:53:03 PM by Kane317 »

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
well, all they really need to do is make sure they get another 12 A+ charas in the game and mostly everyone will be happy ;)
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
well, all they really need to do is make sure they get another 12 A+ charas in the game and mostly everyone will be happy ;)

Hah.  That's actually true.  Having characters that lacked one or two things is what made them unique.  If everyone has the same amount of tools I think it would be boring...it'd be kinda like the old Mortal Kombats lol (I went there!)  

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Kane317, you pretty much expressed how I feel about Elizabeth.
She seems to be one of those top tier characters that have a couple of tools that you can troll around all the time.
I must say that reviewing my post, I was talking about Raiden before and that he should be tonned down somehow, so it seemed I was suggesting the same for her, wich I am not.
As I mentioned, I still need to try the game, so my impressions are not based on actually playing the game (wich is...the most important thing to get an accurate feeling on the matter), but she just seems like one of those characters that can make you angry when you play against them.
On the other hand, characters that can really, REALLY get on your nerves is one of KOF trademarks, ha ha.

Hah.  That's actually true.  Having characters that lacked one or two things is what made them unique.  If everyone has the same amount of tools I think it would be boring...it'd be kinda like the old Mortal Kombats lol (I went there!)  
Same fucking normals for everyone. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
I was just wondering, the way the cross-ups work in this game seem weird. I clearly see character cross-up but then they land in front of the opponent instead of behind. I see it's still in 1.1 version. Is this a glitch or was this intended?

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
Mmm this is something that was present in XII and doesn't seem to have changed at all in XIII unfortunately. Crossups often act really glitchy like that, it's quite annoying.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
its only looks i presume. this even happens in sf4 at times, nothing gamebreaking & purely cosmetic i believe. also where those new bugs & glitches in that kce vid?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rakukojin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I was just wondering, the way the cross-ups work in this game seem weird. I clearly see character cross-up but then they land in front of the opponent instead of behind. I see it's still in 1.1 version. Is this a glitch or was this intended?
Any videos with this happening? From what you're describing it sounds like a fake crossup you see in other games.