selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
Metal
« on: April 18, 2011, 08:48:08 PM »
this is the metal thread.

np: Ossuary Insane - Fallen to the Pits (demo)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 01:49:45 AM by MezzoForte »
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Metal
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 03:09:21 AM »
Hard to tell, but are those Wombbath stickers or actuall cds?

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 03:16:40 AM »
those are the spare center labels that came with the Letargo Records LP re-issue. It was recently put out again on CD by Necroharmonic, though.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 03:46:21 AM »
Cool, might have to keep my eyes peeled for that then. I guess it's just a spring sensation but i'm really feeling a need for music now again. I've been a bit slow the last couple of months and haven't really done much but i'm getting back into it again.

Anyways, what else do you have in that collection?

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 04:14:54 AM »
yeah it's always good to keep in touch with music. I've actually been on sort of a hiatus myself, haven't been on top of the releases for this year but it's all still there to hear eventually.

man, the rundown of my collection? It honestly isn't gigantic like most middle-aged dudes listening to mostly heavy metal, but to go through it all would take a really long time. That's actually a year old picture, too haha; bunch of records added since, and then there's my CDs and MCs as well. In summary though, it's mostly death metal, death/grind, and bestial black metal with some odd ones in between.

these are the only "collection" style pictures I've ever really taken, but they're two of my favorite bands in the black/death genre. Definitely not for everyone.

who do you listen to? If you noticed Wombbath in particular, you must like some other good OSDM.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 12:21:42 AM »
Sure, i listen to alot of old swedish death metal and so on. The obvious would be bands such as entombed/nihilist and dismember/carnage, less so would be for example nirvana 2002 and mastication. I've been listening to detente and holy moses lately, great stuff although not actually death metal or swedish. I'm open to most stuff that is aggresive and preferably either faster or slower than midtempo. Although creative riffing/drumming can ofcourse make midtempo really sweet aswell.

Sadly though, my cd collection isn't all that great and i'm a bit too young to have gathered LPs over the years so i won't be offering any pictures for now.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 05:04:29 AM »
that's sick, much love for OG Swedeath. Any for the Finnish scene? Finland and the states have produced a large majority of my favorite death metal releases.

don't trip about a collection, it's a very nerdy and expensive aspect of metal today haha. I'm barely 20 and my stuff only goes back to 09, but I had the cash to burn. Ever have any yourself, check out Hells Headbangers. Excellent distro, they get all the good re-issues and in general most labels will have stock circulating to them.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 05:42:56 AM »
From my experience most people seem to think of demilich when they think of finnish death but i prefer other bands such as Purtenance and Convulse.. Early sentenced, especially their demos are cool aswell. So what finnish bands do you listen to?

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 10:56:55 AM »
whaaaat, Nespithe is a pillar of death metal! Some releases worth noting: Abhorrence demos, Demigod - Unholy Domain, Adramelech - Spring of Recovery, Depravity - Remasquerade, Vomiturition - A Leftover, Belial - Wisdom of Darkness. It's just a strong scene with lots of gems. You should really check out this band Krypts, their demo is 09 and it wrecks shit hard. You would be surprised how many bands are still competently playing this style.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2011, 10:30:19 PM »
Sad to say, demilich just isn't my thing, i can listen to them but i prefer bands that are a bit more straigth forward. Krypts on the other hand, never heard of em untill now but i found the 09 demo on youtube and it's pretty damn sweet. Just to name something interesting on the subject of newer bands, you should check out Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness from 05, it's pretty sweet (high tempo stuff).

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 05:56:47 PM »
NP: Gorguts - Obscura

<3

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 07:42:20 AM »
hella late response but yeah Repugnant kills, solid stuff. You should peep Verminous and Tribulation, both Swedish, if you haven't already.

also Gorguts is the business.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 09:32:21 AM »
Damn dude, nice collection. I'm pretty eclectic but I do like Metal. Basically anything with Phil Anselmo -oddly enough, I'm not a big fan of Pantera but I WORSHIP Necrophagia and Superjoint Ritual- and the Japanese band Guitar Wolf.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 02:56:45 AM »
Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!! Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 12:40:58 AM »
Been listening to a ton of older Ulver and Altar of Plauges recently. Thinking about picking up Cruachan's latest album, anyone listen to them and have any opinions about it?