Author Topic: Garou: MOTW Players  (Read 8347 times)

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: Garou: MOTW Players
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 04:41:53 PM »
I could play this on Supercade, although it was bit disapointing game for me. I pretty much suck at it, so if you wanna training dummy, here I am.

How is it disappointing??? I just wanna see from your perspective...

Don't bash me, I'm a bit odd person. It just felt like it was made for people who like Capcom fighters. It just didn't feel like SNK made it.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 05:57:58 PM »
I could play this on Supercade, although it was bit disapointing game for me. I pretty much suck at it, so if you wanna training dummy, here I am.

How is it disappointing??? I just wanna see from your perspective...

Don't bash me, I'm a bit odd person. It just felt like it was made for people who like Capcom fighters. It just didn't feel like SNK made it.

I'm not one to bash, I don't mean to offend you at all... I repsect all points of view, so when I ask its only because I want to see where you're coming from in that aspect... I can see how you feel that way about Garou in general...

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2011, 06:14:35 PM »
Honestly, I always felt that about Garou until recently. Once I got deeper into the systems, it became clear to me that Garou is a refinement of the SNK formula.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 06:28:24 PM »
I was also annoyed by the fact that most of the supers were made by doing  ;dn ;df ;fd x2 motion. When I first time played, I was wondering "Why Terry doesn't do Power Geyser?" Maybe I should give this another chance sometime.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 07:19:42 PM »
I personally feel this was one of those games that was refined to make new players more interested in the Fatal Fury series... I mean most people can probably get intimidated by the whole plane system and crazy command inputs... I'm thinking that's why there were some stages with only 1 plane vice 2... With Garou, there are no planes... However, they put more emphasis on the just defend system, and the break system... I like it because there's still variety in the game itself... Sure, it might come off as an alternate to 3S, with only having Terry as a returning character and everyone else being brand new; but I think there's more to it than 3S, and its faster... Plus there's balanced bosses that are playable... You can't beat that!!!

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 01:32:48 AM »
I would play in 2k3 but I haven't played it in a while. Besides that MOTW was made to compete with 3S. That's the reason why a lot of things are similar and yes it does have a Capcom feel to it. Though I think that also helps it because those coming from SF/Capcom games can adjust to the game fairly quickly. It still has it's own mechanics though and the character variety is nice. RB2 is probably harder to learn because a lot of the specials/supers are different for each character. You also have to learn about plane shifting and how it works. I can see why some people would feel it would take a while to learn the game. RB2 has a lot of good things going for it. The main thing would probably be returning character from previous FF games. It really gives the game more character because everyone is so unique. MOTW change things out to concentrate just on the characters and game engine mechanics. I think the characters in MOTW have enough variety to fit just about anyone's style of play. I can also understand for those coming from a SNK/FF background how MOTW thew them off first time playing with super motions. I could only think how MOTW would be played with plane shifting added.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:35:24 AM by Nocturnal »
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

TX-Pablox

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 06:57:47 AM »
hello nocturnal, do you host a garou tourney in evo this year???

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 07:28:37 AM »
We're going to hold one if there's enough interest at the show. Right now plenty of people seem to want it, but its like this every year, once they play casuals they drop out.

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 04:53:19 AM »
We will have to wait and see like Giby mentioned. A lot of people seem to want to play it this year. If enough people want a tournament we will run it. If not we can still do casuals at least.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:51:52 AM by Nocturnal »
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 05:39:33 PM »
i play if i can get my ggpo back up
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

Hagaishi

• New Challenger
  • I live for the fight!!
    • View Profile
    • Playfire
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 02:13:23 AM »
If you play Mark of the wolfs on Xbox 360, Add me! Im always down for a spar!!

maddcheddah

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 05:17:29 AM »
I'm down to play, I'm a beginner. GT is maddcheddddah