Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

Powerup 2011

Started by LouisCipher, April 30, 2011, 06:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisCipher

Sorry if I'm jumping the gun and someone's planning on making a thread. Anyone have the KOF98UM and 02UM match videos from power up? I know JWong took 98UM but who won 02UM?

*Edit: feel free to move this to the Results forum if I fucked up.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

Yeah, but the stream crapped out during the 02UM. At least I think it did.

Dark Geese

Wow at JWong winning 98UM xD (wayyy dissapointed....but can't say I'm surprised!!!)

...all I gotta say about that is Justin decides to enter 98UM at tournaments I'm not at, but when I show up he says he won't play me in 98UM etc...Oh my..anyways.

Justin will probably win 02UM too...

desmond_kof

He didnt wanna money match us when he was up here in MN in 98UM, XI, XII and even Garou. He said he just presses buttons. :/
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

Quote from: Desmond Delaghetto on May 01, 2011, 09:22:16 PM
He didnt wanna money match us when he was up here in MN in 98UM, XI, XII and even Garou. He said he just presses buttons. :/

Okay glad I am not the only one addressing this guys because it seems like just coming from me I am "just bashing the USA skill level."

Which to a degree I am, but since I see Desmond is practically saying the same thing, people need to realize when it comes to Capcom etc, yes Justin Wong is very very strong, but when it comes to KOF guys, he is not. The only reason he is winning these tournaments is because to put it in PC polite terms-

The level of skill is greatly lacking....

I've said this before guys, Justin Wong picks his battles. He won't enter a tournament he doesn't feel he can win. He won't enter 98UM if I am present (see Raging Storm Phoenix) and he won't money match me in like 99% of SNK games, but against some of you guys he feels he can win he'll money match you.

Not to knock on Justin guys, but just trying to crack the "Justin Wong aura", it's not him being "godly" or "because he's Justin Wong", it's him just picking his battles, and he clearly didn't see a threat in Ohio so he entered 98UM.

desmond_kof

I was really expecting Dandy J to take him out (and I heard he lost to floe as well?) but that wasn't the case.  Looking at the video, Justin played like he knew what he was doing, but people just couldn't stop it.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

Quote from: Desmond Delaghetto on May 01, 2011, 11:09:35 PM
I was really expecting Dandy J to take him out (and I heard he lost to floe as well?) but that wasn't the case.  Looking at the video, Justin played like he knew what he was doing, but people just couldn't stop it.

I figured that would be the case, Justin is just again picking his battles. He plays with Heavy D! and I bet he used him in those matches, but again inexposure for most of those people to that way of play is what doomed these people...

What is it going to take to get people all around the USA strong in KOF??? I've heard people saying "Why can't people stop Justin from winning?"  Well if Justin continues to pick his battles his win percentage will continue to be high lol....

But if he challenges people like me, Mr. KOF etc..you will see his win percentage plummet... lol.

I personally prefer to have to earn my victories against some of the toughest competition you can find...than to pick the easiest ones and go to random tournaments just to win...because to me they don't mean anything...

Money is nice don't get me wrong, but I live for the thrill of the competition.

Cibernetico

Off topic a bit but is Justin Wong losing interest in competitive gaming or something? Aparently, it seems whenever he doesn't pick his main everyone says he is trolling and from what I've heard, he's been doing this a lot lately. It's as if he just doesn't care anymore.

Is this a sign that he is sorta not caring anymore?

Dark Geese

Quote from: Cibernetico on May 02, 2011, 01:52:28 AM
Off topic a bit but is Justin Wong losing interest in competitive gaming or something? Aparently, it seems whenever he doesn't pick his main everyone says he is trolling and from what I've heard, he's been doing this a lot lately. It's as if he just doesn't care anymore.

Is this a sign that he is sorta not caring anymore?

I do not know, all I know is Justin Wong in reference to KOF and SNK games, the other stuff I don't follow as much...

KingofSarus

I think he has been recently "trolling," because of the EVO points and such.

I'm sure he has enough, but probably screwing around on purpose to share some with friends while making the matches more entertaining for us and more fun/challenging for him.

LouisCipher

Not trying to stir the shit or anything. But Dark Geese, you were brought up a lot in the commentary for 98UM.

Dandy was great on the commentary, sucked that he lost to Justin.

Yeah, the gameplay wasn't too great but only 5 or so people entered the KOF tournaments so what can you do. Didn't help that almost everyone picked shoto-like characters.

It was funny later in the day Justin was trolling during the SSF4 matches and called the game random and shit. It was funny as hell.

Dark Geese

Quote from: LouisCipher on May 02, 2011, 10:29:51 AM
Not trying to stir the shit or anything. But Dark Geese, you were brought up a lot in the commentary for 98UM.

Dandy was great on the commentary, sucked that he lost to Justin.

Yeah, the gameplay wasn't too great but only 5 or so people entered the KOF tournaments so what can you do. Didn't help that almost everyone picked shoto-like characters.

It was funny later in the day Justin was trolling during the SSF4 matches and called the game random and shit. It was funny as hell.

Of course I was brought up in the commentary, me and Mr. Blasty went over this last year around this time, I know it's all in good fun...

If someone REALLY wants to challenge me in a money match or something they know where to find me lol....I  ain't scared...

I mean I'll be in their neck of the woods (Minnesota) for a residency for my PhD (I'll be hanging with Desmond for 4 days) in like 3 weeks..so if they really wanna play me that is one of their chances this year I have three of these residencies all over the USA this year for my PhD.

Obviously I chose Minneapolis, MN to be one so I can go hang out with Desmond!!!  :)

Plus I know Webster was there helping run these events, if anyone isn't doing anything more than running their mouth, I am CERTAIN Webster will let me know...

In the end though, I think we need to keep this going so people can gain experience, I mean bottom line is the more experience people gain the better....

DeadlyRave-Neo

i just saw the matches ......... wtf
friends dont let friends use bosses

Dark Geese

DRN: Look at it like this man, at least they ARE playing.... and to me at this point and time that is what counts, everyone starts somewhere...and it isn't how you start, but how you finish!!

=)