Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Powerup 2011

Started by LouisCipher, April 30, 2011, 06:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE ANSWER

Quote from: Dark Geese on May 04, 2011, 04:53:54 PM
DRN: Look at it like this man, at least they ARE playing.... and to me at this point and time that is what counts, everyone starts somewhere...and it isn't how you start, but how you finish!!

=)

this statement is very tryue
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

DeadlyRave-Neo

i understand no hate there.
friends dont let friends use bosses

Dojo Destroyer

I just saw the Power-up footage. Justin practically turtled Dandy J to death. He must've been excited to beat J.Wong because he was constantly rushing him. Dandy can play way better than he did. In most cases when people try to apply SF tactics into KoF play, it usually don't turn out well for them and vice versa.

necronomiCRON

Man I couldn't even make it to this. I may have actually won this year. I'm highly disappointed at quite a few people though.
Just Don't look in the trunk...

Dojo Destroyer

Quote from: necronomiCRON on May 04, 2011, 11:41:17 PM
Man I couldn't even make it to this. I may have actually won this year. I'm highly disappointed at quite a few people though.

Yeah if I knew J.Wong was entering, I would've made the effort to come down there. I can't really say how I would've done against him because he used exactly the same Kensou tactic Dandy J used to beat me with last year. I've developed counter measures for that since then, but I haven't been up against too many Kensou's to put them to the test. Anyway, thanks for taking time out to talk to me and play with me when I was there, Necro. Power-up 2012's looking really good right now.  :)

Cibernetico

Can someone link me to the videos of the KOF games? If they are on YouTube, I can't seem to find them at all.

And for some reason, even though I'm not a top player at the game, something bothers me about Justin Wong winning a tourney for a game he doesn't even play much. oh well.

desmond_kof

I can tell he probably played it a lot in the past, but doesn't currently focus on it. Also, he can just apply his fighting game experience and fundamentals to other games (like KOF) and just win based on that.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Ash

Quote from: Desmond Delaghetto on May 05, 2011, 01:08:43 AM
I can tell he probably played it a lot in the past, but doesn't currently focus on it. Also, he can just apply his fighting game experience and fundamentals to other games (like KOF) and just win based on that.

Yeah, the tactics he used were basic but still very effective . He just basically zoned really well with Kensou and Ryo.

desmond_kof

On top of that, (I think I said this in the dreamcancel chat) Wong knew of Ryo's cr.b, cr.c link, and he was doing some nasty combos with Heavy D. I think he was just having a flashback, haha.

necronomiCRON

I don't think anyone playing really knew what was going on. My boy was playing and got hit mass because he was trying to attack when he should have just blocked. No one was trying to gain initiative with strong air CD attacks. No real mix up game, No one was rushing back in after two blocked light attacks. They weren't even aware of advantageous air attacks like a horizontal range, or strong kick. Wongburger was using Heavy D!'s air C and people were just getting hit by it. Not to mention everyone was completely oblivious to frame traps.

No problem Dojo. I just wish we could have competed then I would have played for blood lol.

Dojo Destroyer

Quote from: necronomiCRON on May 05, 2011, 05:50:26 AM
I don't think anyone playing really knew what was going on. My boy was playing and got hit mass because he was trying to attack when he should have just blocked. No one was trying to gain initiative with strong air CD attacks. No real mix up game, No one was rushing back in after two blocked light attacks. They weren't even aware of advantageous air attacks like a horizontal range, or strong kick. Wongburger was using Heavy D!'s air C and people were just getting hit by it. Not to mention everyone was completely oblivious to frame traps.

No problem Dojo. I just wish we could have competed then I would have played for blood lol.
Yeah, I'm down for that. But you should really consider expanding your game, Necro by picking up KoF 98 and 2K2 UM's and giving it a shot. You won't be disappointed. You can also come down here to MN to throw down if you want. We'll definitely make it worth your while. If not, I'll be back to Ohio soon. It's time for the U.S. to get stronger and represent, man!

necronomiCRON

Quote from: Dojo Destroyer on May 05, 2011, 06:52:55 AM
Quote from: necronomiCRON on May 05, 2011, 05:50:26 AM

Yeah, I'm down for that. But you should really consider expanding your game, Necro by picking up KoF 98 and 2K2 UM's and giving it a shot. You won't be disappointed. You can also come down here to MN to throw down if you want. We'll definitely make it worth your while. If not, I'll be back to Ohio soon. It's time for the U.S. to get stronger and represent, man!

I do play both the UM's it's just my favorite characters have been severely nerfed so I just stick to 98. If I can ever get a ride I'll come down that way I need some offline challenges.

Dark Geese

Quote from: Desmond Delaghetto on May 05, 2011, 01:08:43 AM

I will elaborate on that further guys-

To elaborate on what Desmond is saying, he can get away with that IN THE USA.. (Justin)

Justin would be looking at last place in any KOF he enters in Mexico without question (He knows this just ask him, he's said this type of stuff before about the only reason he and Steve Harrison etc are winning in SNK games is because the skill level is not good at FR/other tournaments and 95% of tournaments in the USA).

So to answer your question about it bothering you Ciberfantico, I told you why that's the case, the competition isn't that strong in the USA overall. It's not Justin Wong being Justin Wong, it's him basically playing people that aren't that strong in the games being played that's really it, because if he played true strong people (in California for example), he probably wouldn't even make it past the first round!!!!

I remember playing Justin in KOFXI at MWC like 3 years ago and he got 2nd in that, and when he played me in the Finals I destroyed him!!! (But he beat everyone else easily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4iAMqI3JDY

It was too easy, I barely broke a sweat! LOL. But again because the level of play at that tournament wasn't even remotely close to the level of play I would see in Mexico or even California, well he got exposed!

People in Mexico were asking me back then and I told them "He shouldn't have even made it to the Finals, but then again the skill level in the USA compared to Mexico is like comparing apples and oranges in KOF."

Even at EVO when he joined and we had KOFXI (I ran it Mago entered and won), Justin Wong got LAST PLACE.

Also it's not me just saying this, Dojo Destroyer knows what's up, the average person in Juarez alone that barely plays 98UM is quite better than Justin Wong.

Also Dojo I bet you money Zeus's Kensou is light years better than Justin's!!!!

So in retrospect, sure the level of play doesn't look strong, but again people have to start somewhere...

and if Justin really wants a challenge, he knows where to go and WHO to challenge *cough ME COUGH COUGH*

desmond_kof

Gotta try to get him up to MN in the fall somehow. If the bonus pot for SSF4 and MvC2 is good enough, he might try to make it...then hopefully he will enter in the SNK games...

Dark Geese

Quote from: Desmond Delaghetto on May 05, 2011, 08:57:48 PM
Gotta try to get him up to MN in the fall somehow. If the bonus pot for SSF4 and MvC2 is good enough, he might try to make it...then hopefully he will enter in the SNK games...

He still won't enter Desmond, ESPECIALLY if I am there, you can just forget about it then, because I will have a list a mile long of games I will challenge Justin Wong in for $500 per game, and he won't accept because again, he knows he won't win!!

He's told me this before (to me personally and on SRK) on his "Who wants to Money match Justin Wong" threads and stuff so it's not like I'm saying stuff he doesn't already know or we haven't discussed before!!