Author Topic: So it's May 2011, SNK hasn't spoken once.  (Read 9713 times)

BustaWolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
So it's May 2011, SNK hasn't spoken once.
« on: May 03, 2011, 12:29:05 PM »
It's almost the end of the spring and summer approaches. The suggested release window of KOF XIII might as well be disregarded. What's going on? Is SNK slowly dying? Are they tearing down their games division? Was the arcade release of KOF XIII the final KOF game and the only release planned? I don't know what to expect from my beloved company. Once I laid all my faith into them and now I can't even think of them without thinking of what could of been for them, if only things were a bit different. Do you think there's light on the other end of this tunnel?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: So it's May 2011, SNK hasn't spoken once.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:43:53 PM »
Yes, it's May.. But nobody said something will happen in May... Frionel talk about SNKPlaymore is waiting to do not compete with SSFIV AE, and this game will get released on June. Maybe we will have to wait until then to see the official announcement Frionel was talking about... What for me doesn't fit is that he said "very very soon there will be official news", and June is not "very very soon" for me... oh well..

About being XIII the last KOF, SNKPlaymore dying etc... Well, nothing officialy has been said. Only rumors. So once again, we have to wait and see.
But I think KOF XIII console could really change things. Now fighting games are living a good time, XIII could take the avantage of this. Is a good game, probably the most beatiful game into 2D. I think XIII can compete perfectly with BB, for example, all what it needs is a good online and a nice console version, with extras, funny game modes, good AI, and a good promotion, of course. If the game is released with these conditions I think we will be able to see more KOFs coming because it will sell well. But if it's released in the same horrible way than XII, then it will fail (more than XII, because is "the second chance") and probably KOF will die.

Arcade version is doing well, and it proves SNKP learned the lesson. Let's hope the same with console version.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 01:00:44 PM »
I think the publisher (not playmore) will make an announcement at E3 this year..Atlus or Ignition i guess

BustaWolf

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 02:44:15 PM »
Hope you guys are right. I really want this game porter and for people to hopefully see what a great franchise KOF is. Maybe then SNK can gain some respect and be revitalized in the years to come.

Talkig about E3, SNKp is going to be there for sure?

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 03:03:39 PM »
Playmore no because they are broke as shit but as i said they will not be publishing this game - but there are high chances Atlus or Ignition will - also they are listed as First Look Exhibitors aka new game announcements/presentations .You can find a list on participants the official E3 site

http://www.e3expo.com/show-info/641/exhibitor-list/

As far as i remember XII was also announced at e3 in 2009   ;)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 03:07:10 PM »
Yeah, they announced it at E3 and it shipped a few months later. It was a very fast turnaround.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 03:24:47 PM »
Well I'll be at E3 reporting live for dc.com lolz I hope they have some news a demo would be even better.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 03:28:55 PM »
Ignition said some time ago they won't publish KOF XIII. But it wasn't an official announcement, it was just MadMax (Ignition forums adiministrator) who said it. Maybe things have changed.. But don't hold your breath to see KOF XIII at E3... I'm not sure if the game will have any publisher. It could be for download and don't use any publisher for its release, like Arcana Heart 3.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 03:38:47 PM »
Ignition said some time ago they won't publish KOF XIII. But it wasn't an official announcement, it was just MadMax (Ignition forums adiministrator) who said it. Maybe things have changed.. But don't hold your breath to see KOF XIII at E3... I'm not sure if the game will have any publisher. It could be for download and don't use any publisher for its release, like Arcana Heart 3.

AH3 was published for consoles by Aksys and Arc System Works
There is no such thing as a game being released without a publisher - even downloadable games

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 04:01:43 PM »
AH3 was published for consoles by Aksys and Arc System Works
There is no such thing as a game being released without a publisher - even downloadable games

I thought download games were released by their developers straightly. That's good to know it, thanks. Maybe there's a chance to see it announced at E3... But SSFIV AE will be there too.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 04:19:45 PM »
Sometimes the developers act as publishers sometimes other companies - but either way there has to be one (even for downloadable games).
I am 99% sure Kof XIII will be there also because it will be very good publicity for the game - it will win the best fighting game award (like XII did), get positive reviews because there is no big competition (SF4 ae is not a new thing and it won't get so much attention) slap it on the console launch trailer later on "winner of the e3 best fighting game award", build some hype until the game releases, organize a few sponsored tournaments and you have a day 1 instant buy :D

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 04:26:46 PM »
Yes, E3 is an important chance to promote KOF XIII if it's really going to be released some time in 2011. They shouldn't miss E3. But you know, about this game and SNKP... I'm not sure of anything.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 04:30:53 PM »
On the Ignition front, this quote is from a March 25, 2011 Siliconera interview with Shane Bettenhausen:

What else are you doing on the localization side? Have you been talking to SNK or Marvelous?
SNK, we’re definitely still in talks with them, but nothing to announce right now. We’ve worked with them for a long time and I have a lot of friends there. And, I would definitely like to work with them again. Marvelous, on the other hand, they have kind of scaled back their Japanese game development and publishing. So, they have fewer titles, but we will continue to look at their titles.

That said, I was underwhelmed with their promoting of KOF XII and, honestly, would rather Atlus publish it. Atlus was able to get a decent amount of buzz around Arcana Heart on PS2, which was released after the next generation consoles were out.

The full interview with Shane Bettenhausen is available here: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/25/the-state-of-ignition-entertainment/

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 04:33:29 PM »
Screw playmore :)) this is an opportunity for the publishing company and they know better not to miss E3 because you can't get better coverage for your game anywhere else.

le: Yes i am also in favor of Atlus publishing the game but it depends on what offers playmore got - if ignition had and got a better offer any kind of statements and past arguments will be forgotten because business is all about the moneys

Time to get hyped(?)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:43:02 PM by KBlackNoah »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2011, 04:53:30 PM »
Quotes from Ignition forums administrator some time ago (09-2010 and 11-2010 respectively)

Plenty, including the planned console release date (answering someone who's asking "do you know something we don't?"). As long as they don't renege on the planned console features I think KoF fans will be happy this time.

Anyone hanging around here expecting us to announce KoF XIII....don't bother.

First one sounds very good, but they were probably just plans, not facts... The second one i think it means Ignition and SNKP broke relations about XIII.

Both quotes are before Shen interview. I posted the interview into Ignition forums and asked to administrator to see if he says something, but he didn't.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:57:31 PM by Shiranui_ninja »