Author Topic: Baltimore, Maryland - KOF  (Read 8326 times)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Baltimore, Maryland - KOF
« on: May 03, 2011, 04:03:01 PM »
This is for future reference when KOF players are in the Baltimore area. I usual go to Xanadu Games on Wednesday to play KOF 2002UMT. It is advised to bring your own set-up if you want to play any of the old games. I used to just bring my 360 with 02UMT, 98UM, Garou: MOTW, and NGBC, but now, i take my ps2 with a lot of old fighting games, so there can always be something for everyone at Xanadu.

Xanadu Games
3921 Vero Road
Baltimore, MD 21227

http://www.xanadu-games.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/XanaduGames

$5 to play all day on Xanbat night (Wednesdays).

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 03:59:16 AM by AmedoS310 »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: Baltimore, Maryland - KOF "Shogun Ninja King"
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 10:56:53 PM »
I haven't been back in Bmore in years... I'm trying to swing back there sometime during the Christmas time frame... Been hearing about this place for a minute, and have been dying to check it out... Reminds me of The Zone out in Hawaii...

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Baltimore, Maryland - KOF
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 08:05:57 PM »
This is way over due.

Xanadu Games fighting games are still ongoing, but they can be held on Thursday and Fridays. Wednesday became smash events. Most of the time only USF4 is played. I'll bring kof setups for 98um, 02um, XI, XII, and XIII. Usually, it just me playing by myself, so I can study combos and setups. I'm up for just discussing and helping out with problems to those that are new to the series.

Venue fee is still $5.00 on both days. There are no food place within walking distance of the store, but it does have a vending machine for drinks. Also, people can order Chinese food, thanks to the brochure that Xanadu keeps.

If anyone wants to meet up, just pm me.

Last thing, most of the d.m.v. players for all fighting games are in a Facebook group called, "DMV Fighting Game Community". DMV stands for DC, Maryland,  and Virginia.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:23:45 PM by Amedø310 »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 10:36:33 PM »
Xanadu Games fighting game events for Thursdays are canceled. Fridays are still ongoing.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 07:17:20 AM »
Hello again. Another overdue notice. Fridays at Xanadu are only available on lock-in days before the FGC Monthlies. I will post about every monthly as soon as I've been informed. Weekly FGC Xanadu nights are now on Thursdays unless otherwise, from 3:00 pm to midnight. I'll likely show up around 4 to 5 pm during most weeks of each month. Venue fee is still $5 for weeklies. $10 venue fee for monthlies. MD folks, especially folks in the Baltimore area, encourage to come. 

I'm still playing most of the KOF games along with a really good Chinese neogeo hack for KOF99 called KOF99: Anniversary Edition. I can provide 2-4 setups for many KOF games. I just need to be informed in ahead of time in here or through the following social sites:

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Amedo310/

Otherwise, I will only bring my laptop and 1 or 2 set-up. PS2 setup is likely the console I'll bring out most to play KOF02UM Tougeki and KOF XI.  The laptop will have KOFXIII Steam, KOF98FE, and KOF99AE. I have only two arcade sticks, both multi-consoled sticks. It's recommended to bring your controllers own to these FGC sessions/ monthlies.

The monthly for February 2015 is on 28 and is from 12:00 pm midnight or 1:00 pm.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you at Xanadu. Peace.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 01:56:22 AM by Amedø310 »

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 04:27:41 AM »
Xanadu Games will have it's FGC monthly on February 28th. If anyone tried to make it to Xanadu in the past two weeks for KOF. They might have known that no kof was not there. Sorry, but it too damn cold here so I've been home most of time after classes. I'll make it to Xanadu this coming up Thursday and Saturday for the monthly. Again, I urge MD (mainly Baltimore City/ County) folks to contact me through steam to chat if they are new to Xanadu games or just want to set up matches online at this point.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:29:32 AM by Amedø310 »

UndyingGotunks

• New Challenger
  • The path to greatness is long and perilous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 05:39:30 AM »
I would like to know what stream will this be on?  I would love to be able to tune in to this.  I been trying to do as much research as I can on the game and looking for some extreme high level characters.   Hopefully, this will open a new door for me as well.   I am looking forward to the information on the stream.  :)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 09:20:36 PM »
I would like to know what stream will this be on?  I would love to be able to tune in to this.  I been trying to do as much research as I can on the game and looking for some extreme high level characters.   Hopefully, this will open a new door for me as well.   I am looking forward to the information on the stream.  :)

There is no KOF stream at this place, otherwise it would just be me in training most of the time. As of lately, I've not shown up because of a couple of new jobs landed on my lap. I'll show tonight to train in KOF 02 and XIII. Also, I'll be there on Saturday, March 28th, for the monthly.

If you want, I can try to make time and jump on steam to practice.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 11:14:35 PM »
New bump. KOF XIV games are being played at Xanadu nearly every Thursday after 4:00 pm. I usually bring three ps4 setups and two arcade sticks. If anyone is interested in coming, bringing your own ps4 stick is advised.

Xanadu Monthly for October 22th.

Another spot, that is actually in the city, can host sessions for KOFXIV called MAP Technologies. It is a small but really cool place: https://www.facebook.com/MAP-Technologies-923812827679446/?fref=ts

They will have a monthly tournament for KOFXIV on September 17th at 2pm: https://www.facebook.com/events/1755909091358958/
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 07:12:38 PM by Amedø310 »

ElkyDori

• New Challenger
  • No Quarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 11:53:33 AM »
Looks like the Xanadu monthly got bumped to October 15th.

ElkyDori

• New Challenger
  • No Quarter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 05:26:14 AM »
It got bumped again to October 22nd.