Poll

Which game would you like to start with first?

Last Blade 1 (SC)
0 (0%)
Samurai Spirits 2 (GGPO, AL, SC)
1 (20%)
Fatal Fury Special (GGPO, AL, SC)
4 (80%)
World Heroes (SC)
0 (0%)
Art of Fighting 2 (SC)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: June 08, 2011, 10:16:23 PM

Author Topic: SNK Vintage Ranbats  (Read 2506 times)

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
SNK Vintage Ranbats
« on: May 25, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »
Hey all. Going to try to start more frequent ranbats again with SNK Vintage Ranbats. For the classic SNK fighters who don't get much play, this will try to remedy that. Different games from Samurai Spirits, Art of Fighting, Last Blade, King of Fighters, World Heroes, Fighters History Dynamite, Kizuna Encounter, VF Gowkaiser, etc. The games chosen will alternate between weeks, and information and tips will try to be kept up-to-date on the wiki and forums. We can poll for the first game chosen in this thread, but note different games will be available on different systems between GGPO, ArcLive, and Supercade, but we're going to try to utilize them all.

Also, this time we're going to let players see when's the best time to meet next, so everyone who replies, please say when you'd be free to have the first session. Hopefully we can start by next weekend (June 3-5). If you all want a specific day-of-the-week, we'll see what we all can agree on too.

Maybe from this, one game can be enjoyed and get it's own regular ranbats going.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
Re: SNK Vintage Ranbats
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 12:55:45 AM »
FFS, hands down. I think three games that would definitely be good to have regular playing circulation are FFS, SSII, and WHP.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 01:24:45 AM »
I am up for Fatal Fury Special, and I'd be willing to do Fighters History Dynamite.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 04:07:21 AM »
FFS, SSII, and AOF2 for me

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 07:58:33 PM »
Ok, looks like it's going to be FFS the first time around. Does anyone have recommendations for what day of the week, and which system?
-Terry Bogard, 1995

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 08:45:27 AM »
Looks like the first one is going to be Fatal Fury Special. I'm gonna suggest setting up the first SVR (SNK Vintage Ranbats) session up for next Sunday (6-5-11) in the afternoon on GGPO. I'm making this official on Monday. Be sure to speak up if there are any suggestions, objections, or availability issues.
-Terry Bogard, 1995