Author Topic: Does NGBC on XBL have the some of the best netcode?  (Read 1765 times)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Does NGBC on XBL have the some of the best netcode?
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:49:46 PM »
I hardly ever play fighting games online these days but I did have a friend over the other day who got some interest in playing NGBC. After playing some offline he jumped into the online part of the game and from his impressions, he said that NGBC had some of the best netcode he's experienced for a fighter on a console. And this is a buddy who mainly plays fighters online whenever he gets the chance.

Now, I haven't played any of the SF4 games so I don't know how the netcode is for that game. I played BBCS maybe one week and hated the netcode on it. Never really took Tekken 6 online except with a friend from Florida and the netcode was ok at most. After that, I initially played some 2k2UM with people from DC.com but I've mainly played it offline for months now.

But anyways, does NGBC have some of the best netcode on a fighting game right now?

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: Does NGBC on XBL have the some of the best netcode?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 05:07:07 AM »
Yeah from my experience in playing a bunch of these fighters on XBL, NGBC is probably top if not 2nd to BlazBlue... I've been hearing that BB is kinda iffy, but from my experience with that, its practically flawless, unlike SF4... I've had my fair share of some laggy matches in NGBC (very minimal), but for the most part, they're not that bad... I think its the best SNK fighter online next to Samurai Shodown Sen (heh heh)...

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Does NGBC on XBL have the some of the best netcode?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 01:10:59 AM »
I agree, but I am a little biased. I'm not a big fan of Capcom's style of netcode (variable game speed to off set lag), but I will say it's the best Playmore netcode so far.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"