Author Topic: The Razer Beta Xbox 360 Fightstick thread  (Read 4908 times)

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
The Razer Beta Xbox 360 Fightstick thread
« on: October 05, 2011, 06:33:40 AM »

So here's the deal guys. Razer is making an arcade stick to which they unofficially revealed at TGS. However, it is still not complete. They have a prototype which is being distributed via community beta. They are accepting community feedback and suggestions.

So here's the deal. Anybody can sign up to participate in this closed beta. Razer will select people based on what they think of the person's application, and if Razer likes your application they will send you a FREE 360 stick to beta test for them. I think everyone here involved on Dreamcancel should sign up for this. There isn't a main fightstick the SNKP community has ever gotten behind and this is an opportunity for us to really galvanize and build a stick for KoF by KoF players and fans. Not to say that Tekken and SF guys couldn't enjoy this, but it would be nice to have a "KoF" stick if you know what I mean. Even if it's not official!

http://www.razerzone.com/bredtofight

Go here and click apply to be part of the beta. Make sure to also click recommend and recommend anyone you know who has signed up. To recommend someone, you must list their e-mail. I've all ready signed up, and if anyone is courteous enough, recommend me if you like. E-mail = steam.ninja@gmail.com. If anyone wishes I will also do the same for them. Also make sure to click feedback and provide thoughts and share with Razer your ideas to help make their stick better.

Known details about the stick:

-The current beta is ONLY for 360. However, that will work on PC so it can still be tested by a broad audience

-This stick is truly mod friendly and it will not void your warranty to modify it UNLESS you touch the PCB

-The stick has an easy switch in the front that snaps shut ala the PDP MK stick that will allow you to easily access the inside parts to swap buttons, tops, etc

-It has a bar inside on the left side to hold up the front panel while you have it open, making it easier to make quick adjustments

-It uses all sanwa denshi parts

-Has a bat top hole and two button holes inside for easy storage and swapping around

-Currently includes turbos in the same style as the Madcatz sticks

-Has a similar overall design as the Madcatz TE S stick

Known information about Razer:

-They are a leader in computer accessories

-They have a reputation of their stuff breaking in a few months (this is subjective to a case-by-case basis)

-They are primarily an American company

-They do sponsor competitive gaming teams, meaning if the KoF community supports Razer and gives strong feedback to help them out, we could see some Razer sponsored KoF teams (hopefully) in the future

Further reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razer_USA
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 07:32:48 AM by steamwolf »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: The Razer Beta Xbox 360 Fightstick thread
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 09:09:15 AM »
Hmmm... looks like I might buy that if it is released. Judging from Razer Onza Tournament Edition Xbox 360 pad, they can make good controllers. And if it works on PC, I'm sold.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 11:44:18 AM »
The 360 one will naturally work on PC and most PS3 sticks that are USB 2.0 can as well (Madcatz' PS3 sticks are USB 1.0 so you need a specific USB card in your PC...)

I sent them a long list of suggestions and so hopefully they will take note of it and use it to make something pretty good. I recommend you apply for the beta test and provide some feedback on what they should do (even if they don't choose you as a beta tester)

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 06:28:25 AM »
With all Sanwa parts, what could possibly go wrong?

If it's competitively priced vs the Madcatz TE, and I don't win a beta stick, I just might buy one later.  Damn SF4 artwork is annoying.

EDIT I recommended you, it'd be great if you'd toss one in for me too please!

mikebishop76@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:53:19 PM by PurpGuy »

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 07:23:46 AM »
Yeah I definitely made sure that I signed up for this. Yo Steamwolf, I recommended you. I'll throw my email up if anyone wants to recommend me.

jinxhand@gmail.com

I know their DeathAdder mouse is pretty good, especially for Guild Wars, so I can't wait to test this out...

Maker

• New Challenger
  • Train Hard, Fight Easy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 08:15:40 AM »
Ive been using Razer products since before they made optical mice.

Excellent company with an equally good warranty and registration. Im on my 2nd Onza and i even bothered with a basic youtube review of it. (Follow up review would take a bit of time).

Either way that company is golden, Ive had one onza repaired after it broke for a small fee because it was my fault not a defect. My origional one was defective and the microphone jack came apart inside just enough to make the mic chord loose.

My second one was repaired as some glue broke loose inside and fell in the trigger trough. They obviously like  you to be able to do basic mainteince of your gear and aren't alien to it at all. Ive gone through several PC mice with them but they are by far the best controller company I have ever run across. I've had my eye on this stick since i heard about it... i keep throwing money at my monitor but nothings showing up at my door.
Always improve.