Pao Pao Cafe > Pro-Gear

Fightpads?

(1/10) > >>

Custle:
So, I've never been in an arcade, so I grew up playing with pads. I play fighting games also with pads and I'm looking for a good pad that would work on PC and maybe on PS2/PS2. I play also fighter on PC (mainly PC version Guilty Gera X2 #Reload).

One contender is that Madcatz's Street Fighter fightpad. I've read that it works quite well and it is easy to get work on PC, espcially the Xbox360 version.

Other option is to get adapter that I could plug my Dualshock2 to PC. This would be the cheapest option and Duaslshock2 works well for KOFs, but my own controller is kinda used, but still quite reliable for a pre-owned Gamestop controller.

Third option looks like this
[spoiler][/spoiler]
It looks like shit. D-pad looks horrible, but buttons are quite well placed, but I've read even they are quite bad.

What do you think? Or should I just get stick? Budget is quite tight for me, but I want tome kind quality.

nilcam:
I'm not a pad player but I do check some out. For me, the best is the NeoGeo pad, which is available for PS3 and PC. The buttons are great and the tiny stick instead of a d-pad feel better to me. The PDP pad is a step behind the NeoGeo pad. The Mad Catz fightpad is pretty miserable. The d-pad is very, very stiff. If you prefer the floating d-pad style, check out the Logitech pads (http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-3-Cordless-Precision-Controller/dp/B000O3E05Y/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1304608351&sr=8-4). It's a wireluess pad with a USB connection. I have 1 for my wife and it's quite nice. It works on both PS3 and PC.

Custle:
I've heard that NeoGeo pad is awesome. Problem is that where I can find it. I only found it from Japanese sites.

I had one Logitech controller (Dual Action http://www.expert.fi/Tuotteet/Viihde-elektroniikka/Pelaaminen/Tarvikkeet/Logitech---Dual-Action-Gamepad ) It has very similar d-pad to that Precision controller and I have to say, it is horrible for fighting games. It is just so stiff, although I can pull moves more easily than using Xbox 360 controller.

Dualshock 2 has good d-pad. Espcially my controller has very slippery surface, so my thumb moves easily on it. Negative side is that on longer sessions, I get blisters. Once I played XI so long time, that I couldn't play it for a week  :)

nilcam:
I find it impossible to play fighters on the Dualshock. The Precision I have has smooth and easy action on the d-pad. Maybe it's just preference.

Custle:
I grew up playing on PlayStation, so I'm kinda used to DualShock. Only problem I have in KOF is small jumps. When I just want to jump, it works well, but forward or backwards... no. Also the 360 motion is almost impossible to do, but not many SNK games have those motions, right? I could only think three games that have those.

Strongest contender is that NeoGeo pad. That little stick looks great and I think I won't get blisters while using it. Biggest problem has to be availability. I don't like ordering from abroad. Inside Europe is fine, but from Japan I have to think twice. They use delivery companies (UPS for example), so it is damn expensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version