Author Topic: King of Fighters NeoWave  (Read 15184 times)

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
King of Fighters NeoWave
« on: May 05, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »

This is a topic for KOF NeoWave.

Because I recently picked up a used copy of the game. I've never really given it a chance. So, does anyone else have the game? Anyone still play it? What's up with the art, eh? Which mode/groove do you guys prefer?

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: King of Fighters NeoWave
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 04:35:07 PM »
Man I didn't think anyone played or heard of this game...

Anyway, I have it, but unfortunately its for the xbox, so when I play it on the 360, the characters don't move with the background, so your fighting in on area where the characters tend to slide on their own... I might get an old xbox just to play this again... Or just get the jps2 version (if available)...

I played it first in Hong Kong and loved it... It definitely smells of Sammy with the 5th button, and some of the stages do, too... It seemed like they put all of the most popular KOF characters in one game, and threw in a revamped Geese in it... The meter selection is pretty good too, as they don't all feel the same... Some characters benefit more from some meters than others though...

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 08:42:42 AM »
Man I didn't think anyone played or heard of this game...

Anyway, I have it, but unfortunately its for the xbox, so when I play it on the 360, the characters don't move with the background, so your fighting in on area where the characters tend to slide on their own... I might get an old xbox just to play this again... Or just get the jps2 version (if available)...

Please you had some video? I wnated to play it on a 360 but the game has something that is incredible meh for me

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 07:52:34 PM »
I can try to record, but my camcorder is kinda crappy... I'll still give it a shot though...

Dark Geese

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 02:20:09 AM »

This is a topic for KOF NeoWave.

Because I recently picked up a used copy of the game. I've never really given it a chance. So, does anyone else have the game? Anyone still play it? What's up with the art, eh? Which mode/groove do you guys prefer?

I have it, I play it still, can post the videos of Kula destroying me  in November from Battle 4 Mexico 2010 to show you just how much Guard Break Mode totally changes the game if you want.

Depending on the character depends on what groove best benefits them. As much as I know about the game I would be more than happy to help you learn it!

S Class (Juarez, Mexico):
Choi, Young Geese, Jhun, Angel, Kim, May Lee
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 02:22:35 AM by Dark Geese »

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 04:58:25 AM »
Does MAX2 mode work best for any of the characters? It kind of seems like the least beneficial groove, just from what I've seen.

Dark Geese

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 06:13:25 AM »
Does MAX2 mode work best for any of the characters? It kind of seems like the least beneficial groove, just from what I've seen.

I have to really think about that because the only advantage it gives is that it increases damage and gives you access to all the supers, so I have to think if someone does easy damage  (Young Geese) or needs all of their supers.

I have to seriously think about that one.... It helps Young Geese because he has a lot of priority and thus you combine that with a lot of damage, but he doesn't need it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:16:46 AM by Dark Geese »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 05:02:45 PM »
I remember playing this game once. I thought it was a 2002 ripoff for the Xbox at first xD

But after doing a bit of research on it, I know the differences there are between this game and 2002, and I would consider playing it again.

(Now if only I could get DEmul to work...)

Dark Geese

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »
Also there is one character MAX2 mode benefits without a doubt- CHOI. Choi's Freddy Krueger MAX2 is almost as good as it is in regular 2002 so it is still very much useful! Choi doesn't really need SC Mode and GB mode serves him well, but his MAX2 super is very good!

Also another benefit of MAX2, the super meter builds VERY VERY FAST!

So advantages:
1. Super bar builds very fast
2. You deal more damage than normal
3. Have access to all supers.

Look at it like Samurai Showdown 1 groove to a degree (no rolling, but do a lot of damage)

Here are some NeoWave matches from Battle 4 Mexico 2010 for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgn61ry5bEo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkei-teYg48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37WI9HS4-WU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v70s6uobfxg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3NIlsgOOtc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2L01aT28Yg

More elaborate Juarez, Mexico Tier List: **Note if they do not have grooves next to them it is because they are good in all grooves and still the same Class regardless**

S Class:

Choi, Young Geese, Jhun, Saisyu, Angel (GB), King (GB/SC), May Lee, Kim

S-
O. Yashiro (GB), Vice (GB)

A+ :
Vanessa (SC), Orochi Chris (GB/SC), Clark (GB), Billy (GB),  Yuri (SC/GB), Robert (GB/SC), Daimon, Iori (SC/GB), Whip (SC/GB), Kula (SC/GB)

A-
Vanessa (GB), Andy (GB)

B Class:
Takuma (SC), Ryo (GB), Kyo (SC/GB), Kusanagi, Benimaru, Terry, Joe

Newest additions to S Class are GB mode Orochi Yashiro and Vice, played in the right hands in those modes it is very hard to do anything against them! They can be anti Young Geese if played in the right hands!

GB Vanessa is not as good as SC Mode Vanessa why is this? SC Mode Vanessa from the moment she touches you can land her 100%!!! GB Mode Vanessa is like KOF 2000 Mode Vanessa so not as strong! But still viable and just have to use her in a different way!

Angel in GB Mode is the deadliest version because she not only retains her infinite, but she can land it with the Unblockable from GB mode that makes her even deadlier and Just Defense makes Angel scary good. GB Mode with Angel makes up for whatever they toned down with her in this game (She's not as fast in this game even as she is in 2002 UM)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 08:57:21 PM by Dark Geese »

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 06:12:59 PM »
 err is ralf that bad this game...??

Dark Geese

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 06:21:11 PM »
err is ralf that bad this game...??

Ralf is Ralf, nothing spectacular, nothing too bad. Average at best.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 06:32:33 PM »
Yeah I remember fighting a bunch of Choi players in Hong Kong... They pretty much ran game like they did in OG 2k2, but it seemed worse this time around...

Shingo seemed stronger this time around too-- well, just simply because his moves were stronger... I can't remember too much else about him... He was fun to use in SC mode...

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 03:33:08 AM »
I'm guessing this list is old or fake, I found it on a french site..

S Class-Choi,Saisyu,Geese, Jhun
A Class-Robert, Iori,Daimon, Athena, O.Yashiro,Terry, King,Chris,Andy,K'
B Class-Vanessa, Ryo, Vice, Kyo, Whip, Takuma, Yamazaki,Joe, Kim, Yashiro,Yuri,O.Rugal,Ralf,Clark, Leona, Billy, Chin, O.Chris,Shingo.
C Class-Angel, May Lee,Ramon, Chang,Mai,Kula,Shermie, Blue Mary,Kusanagi.
D Class-Seth, O. Shermie, Mature

But looking at this list....How is Mature and Mai in this game? I barely know anything about Neowave, doesn't look bad though.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:19:57 AM by TAG7191 »

Dark Geese

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 04:05:35 AM »
I'm guessing this list is old or fake, I found it on a french site..

S Class-Choi,Saisyu,Geese, Jhun
A Class-Robert, Iori,Daimon, Athena, O.Yashiro,Terry, King,Chris,Andy,K'
B Class-Vanessa, Ryo, Vice, Kyo, Whip, Takuma, Yamazaki,Joe, Kim, Yashiro,Yuri,O.Rugal,Ralf,Clark, Leona, Billy, Chin, O.Chris,Shingo.
C Class-Angel, May Lee,Ramon, Chang,Mai,Kula,Shermie, Blue Mary,Kusanagi.
D Class-Seth, O. Shermie, Mature

But looking at this list....How is Mature and Mai in this game? I barely know anything about Neowave, doesn't look bad though.

Mature is  better than OG 2002, but everyone in this game if you master GB Mode is better than 02-Especially the grapplers.

Mai is still Mai basically, but I am curious to get the French players input as to why this is their tier list I am quite interested in it! It looks like an older Tier list though (Like the first one when the game came out),

but I know very well tiers are different in different countries so I would love to hear their rationale!

=)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 08:48:13 PM »
Man, I thought Seth was pretty good, especially in SC mode...

Didn't Japan had Geese as 2nd to Choi for top??? I see why he's strong, but there were still holes in his game though.

My only real beef with this game is the heat mode. Barely anyone I fought used it, and if they did it was pressed on accident. I was better off worrying about meter management.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna upload some footage of KOFNW on X360...