Author Topic: King of Fighters NeoWave  (Read 15187 times)

Dark Geese

Re: King of Fighters NeoWave
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 09:14:08 PM »
Man, I thought Seth was pretty good, especially in SC mode...

Didn't Japan had Geese as 2nd to Choi for top??? I see why he's strong, but there were still holes in his game though.

My only real beef with this game is the heat mode. Barely anyone I fought used it, and if they did it was pressed on accident. I was better off worrying about meter management.

Oh yeah, I'm gonna upload some footage of KOFNW on X360...

Japan has had YG 2nd to Choi for quite some time yes.

I've seen Heat mode get used in hitconfirming at high level before, but yes for the most part you don't see it used...but I am planning to go to Morocco in the future (where I hear NW is played a lot) for a "Challenge" so we will see how they play this game.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 05:23:59 AM »
NEWS FLASH: KOFNW WORKS GOOD ON THE X360!!!

Ok, I'll explain:

When I was testing awhile back, I didn't realize that my settings were changed for my TV. This somehow caused the glitch where the characters would move, but the stage wouldn't move with them, making the characters "magically" slide when knocked down, etc... Anyway, I checked it out today, and it turns out, just putting the graphics back to default settings makes the game run perfectly. I wanted to try and see if the glitch was character specific, as last time I remembered, I had Billy Kane vs Ramon at the Greenhouse stage, and the glitch was still fixed. So with that said, get KOFNW while you still can online on Amazon or whatever. It's great!!!

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 01:22:24 PM »
I got my copy of Neowave for PS2 today. After playing it for awhile, here are my first impressions.

It felt weird. It felt like 2002, but it was faster and controls were more responsive. I didn't quite understand some mechanics. Music sounded like it was taken from some other game.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

SSJ_Sonikku

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 02:32:41 AM »
I've got this game recently and ftmp it is a decent game.  On one hand it is a update of 2002, but is not at the same time.  I love that you can select your fighting style, makes you think about what you need most.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2011, 02:22:31 AM »

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 09:53:18 AM »
Lol shit, just realized the Neowave video section is in the 2k2 thread.

Oh wells,

Anyways I think im going to pick this game up again thanks to you Jinx. Didn't know it worked on 360. Also, just check amazon and that game is around 20 bucks new. Getting it, I miss it.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 03:48:01 AM »
Glad to have gotten someone into KOFNW... Like I said before, the game is actually solid, and has quite a bit of variety... Choi and Young Geese are pretty strong, but they're beatable...

I actually like the soundtrack, too...

Again, my only beef was the heat mode... They could've used that button for something else...