Author Topic: SSVI: Yoshitora Tokugawa  (Read 2512 times)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
SSVI: Yoshitora Tokugawa
« on: May 05, 2011, 04:05:48 PM »
Special Moves:
Pink Blossoms:  ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;l/ ;m/ ;s
*L hits low. M hits mid. S hits high.
White Lilies:  ;fd ;dn ;df+ ;l/ ;m/ ;s
Tree Pines: (Air) ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;l/ ;m/ ;s
Camellias:  ;bk ;dn ;db+ ;l/ ;m/ ;s
Only M attacks.
Morning Glory:  ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;l/ ;m/ ;s
Moon Flower: ;fd ;dn ;df+ ;k
Fluttering Butterfly Blossom:  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd;m ;s
***In order to use this move, all of Yoshitora's other special moves must hit in the round. If Yoshitora is used in "groove 2" or "groove 6", he can just hit with his secret art, "Hundred Flower Slash", to unlock this move.

(Groove 2 Only) Toy Transformation:  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;bk+ ;sp

Secret Art:
Hundred Flower Slash:
(Groove 2, only once per round):  ;dn ;df ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;m ;s
(Groove 6, only when secret art gauge is flashing):  ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;m ;s

Weapon Destroyer/ Disarm Attack:
Hollyhocks:  ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;l ;m
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:10:16 PM by AmedoS310 »

SSJ_Sonikku

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: SSVI: Yoshitora Tokugawa
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 03:58:57 AM »
Was practicing with the 2 versions of Yoshitora today.

I was testing out the different spirits to see what would work and what wouldn't.  Ex Yoshitora does have more attacks to cancel into his specials, so he is better than the regular one, but both are decent.  The spirits that I think Yoshitora is best at is either Shin, Ken, or Zan.

Since he has Tree Pine in the air, you could anticipate your opponent to do an air move then air block (in Zan spirit) and do the move when it is successful.  Although it would take more effect to obtain Fluttering Butterfly Blossom, Zan Yoshitora could do pretty well, even giving long range fighters like Mina some trouble.

Rei Yoshitora is not really good here.  His meditation is too fast and you don't get much meditation from charging.  The only saving grace here is the db+Sp, which you can cancel to Tree Pine.

Both Ken and Shin spirits are pretty good for Yoshitora, since Hundred Flower Slash is a great Secret Art that is easy to combo and gives him Fluttering Butterfly Blossom.  However, I would say that Shin spirit is better.  Reasons being that 100FS can be done at anytime and therefore has easy access to Fluttering Butterfly Blossom, and has db+Sp like in Rei spirit (plus can still cancel into Tree Pine).

From best on top to worst on bottom the spirits go like this I think (not taking into account the extra spirits atm):
Shin
Ken
Zan
Rei
Ten
Do