Author Topic: I love KOF XII  (Read 29791 times)

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: I love KOF XII
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2011, 12:51:18 AM »
oh wow, that's very kind of you. Unfortunately I only have a PS3 :( btw how do you like the game?

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2011, 12:58:46 AM »
oh wow, that's very kind of you. Unfortunately I only have a PS3 :( btw how do you like the game?

Well, I think, at the time, everyone was real excited since it was supposed to be a re-birth along with being next-gen. A lot of people went into it optimistically, with new game mechanics (the only one I really thought might have been interested was "clashing"). However, after playing the game, everything felt a bit too homogenized with CD being comboable and the random element of landing a CC since it only landed on counterhit. It tried to be different, and I didn't really feel like it was KOF anymore. It's like someone took the characters and gave it to some random dev team. Coupled with the typical complaints of the game not being a finished package and what have you, I won't go into that. People love to bash this game, but it is what it is. SNKP learned from their mistake and if XII is what it took to get XIII, then I don't mind at all. Although, now that we have XIII, I say skip XII and look forward to the XIII console release!

fixelzero

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2011, 01:16:33 AM »
cool, yea I heard some mixed reviews about this game and curious to try it out. I guess I'll only get I can find a really good deal, or I'll find someone to borrow from. :D anyway, see you at southtown dude!

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2011, 03:39:25 PM »
Well lah-dee-dah, sorry for not understanding what constitutes an 'acceptable' fighting game mechanic.

Do you know the definition of a comeback mechanic then?

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2011, 01:53:35 AM »
along with kof13 i bought kof12 (both hk versions)... when i try to play online they ask me to download a big update (702mb)... i dunno why but it stucks at 0%... i really dont understand since i downloaded the 13's patch without problems.
any help?

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2011, 02:09:37 AM »
Maybe the install info is no longer available?

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2011, 03:02:30 AM »
Maybe the install info is no longer available?

it's kinda downloading now... 10% in 1 hour... fuck it's gonna take forever lol

SSJ_Sonikku

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2011, 11:19:42 PM »
Sweet, another person got KOFXII!  I'm always up for a challenge.

JAVH

• New Challenger
  • Dark Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2011, 06:01:01 AM »
I have KOF XII too, but I hate it, its extremely defensive, unlike other KOFs, for playing defensive I prefer Street Fighter or Garou, not KOF

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2011, 09:47:30 PM »
Actually I feel KOF XII did the best job in preparing me for XIII. XIII is a very defensive game with high damage mix ups in there to punish bull rush players. Personally I wish I would have taken it more seriously before XIII came out so my bad 2002UM habits wouldn't be so blatant in XIII.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2011, 01:39:39 AM »
Actually I feel KOF XII did the best job in preparing me for XIII. XIII is a very defensive game with high damage mix ups in there to punish bull rush players. Personally I wish I would have taken it more seriously before XIII came out so my bad 2002UM habits wouldn't be so blatant in XIII.
XII prepared me 4 XIII and im doing real good. XII was more offensive then anything

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2011, 04:03:24 AM »
Sweet, another person got KOFXII!  I'm always up for a challenge.

Pity we cant play together.. i m from china :)

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 26, 2011, 05:27:13 AM »
as my brother (fiol) did, i too bought 12 along with 13...i still have to download that damn patch..maybe tmr so fiol we can try the online now that there is no one online (u said that eh),maybe we can still have some fun ..who knows xD
Anyway..damn..i still like the game (vs CPU and practice)..so different, in a good way to me... i m not blind the game sucks in lots of places (gameplay wise) but still like it  ;)
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 26, 2011, 11:04:37 AM »
The defensive aspect I was referring to was how punishable everything is compared to the earlier games. It makes you think twice before using higher risk moves.

What is compensates with is the fact that the basic punches and kicks have a stronger purpose in the game for setting up your specials, rather then just spamming different specials and rarely using the basic punches and kicks.

All of this makes a very mental game of not giving your opponent too much to work with while looking for your opportunity to strike hard.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2011, 02:38:45 AM »
My copy of XII is collecting dust now.  Since I have XIII there's no turning back. I would be interested in playing a fully completed XII though. I thought it was interesting aside from st.C>CD>whatever combos.  Clashing is pretty badass.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.