Author Topic: I love KOF XII  (Read 29783 times)

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
Re: I love KOF XII
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2012, 05:40:18 AM »
since the 13's online experience is pure trash, fiol i ll wait you for some 12....
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2012, 03:31:44 AM »
since the 13's online experience is pure trash, fiol i ll wait you for some 12....

lol i told u, im down whenever u want... ahah

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2012, 02:51:59 AM »

lol i told u, im down whenever u want... ahah
i might give 12 more training than 13... 13 is useless to me besides single but u know..single is way to easy...let s play 12 ba.
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

lindseyboi

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »
12 is probably the worst kof ever made and that is saying a lot because SNK made some really SH"£$£"tty kof games in the past, kof99, kof2k1 kof2k3.

ottomatic

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2015, 10:06:05 AM »
I know I'm resurrecting a dead thread but I felt like saying something here after seeing the KOF XIV trailer. This game has flaws but could have been saved. I believe there are only a few points that truly needed fixing.

1. System changes. I know that sounds like an overhaul but the only big problems with the system were Critical Counter, throws not being 1 frame, and Bugs (placed here cause I couldn't figure out anywhere else to put them). If you wanted to give big rewards for good reads, use Garou's Counter system, A juggle or long stun on a counterhit. Throws sucked in this game. And bugs are bugs. Fix those and the rest can be dealt with or even interesting. On to the next issue.

2. Limited movelists. Many of the Characters did not feel like they had enough tools, they felt like they were missing a tool or two from their set. Even if you were to be new to the series they felt like they should've had more.

3. The other issue that I felt made this game a failure is one that might be confusing for a little but bear with me, the other flaw I found with this game was naming it KOF, if it were a fresh IP with those mechanics (minus CC) and a 22 character roster people probably would have been more willing to give it a bit of a pass. But this was a KOF, even with bad games included they have a certain standard expected of them. Imagine a game with rolls, a chargeable blowback that can be combo'd into and out of (and becomes unblockable on full charge, and is still cancelable while charging [mindgames]), clashing, and universal counterattack, and NO CC. Imagine the cast as a set of fresh characters with some random story. Would you be willing to give that a try.

At the end of the day this game's goal was to reward good reads, and that it did. But the product as it stood fell flat, and I firmly believe It could have been fixed with the points I made here. After that it's mostly preferential, I would have preferred more super meter and more supers so on and so forth. But that's how it goes. I just posted my thoughts on XIV's reveal in the XIV thread as well. Here's to hoping that game turns out well

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2015, 11:53:28 AM »
XII was an incomplete game. It was the unfinished XIII game though I will admit throwing out things like the critical counter system in XII let the developer know not to go in that direction. Hense the hybrid XI and 02 system instead. I think the biggest problem was marketing it like it was a finished product.  It really burned the community. I think Capcom and Microsoft have done it best in getting the fans involved from the start and building a game from feedback. Playmore has been very bad about doing that.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"