Author Topic: KOF XIII @ ReveLAtions June 11, 2011  (Read 34220 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII @ ReveLAtions June 11, 2011
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
Man, fighting game stream chats are the worst. It's like someone collected the the worst youtube commenters, the worst Xbox Live preteens, and bred the two groups together. In my experience, it's worse for multi-game tournaments, since then you also get the obnoxious "yur game sux lol" stuff. I really wish there was a way to close the chat, just to make it easier to ignore.

Yeah I know... but I wish people would love every fighter. I mean, I play almost every fighter that is out, I'm not the best player but I would say I'm at least mid level in each. But I can appreciate every game for what they are, heck I even enjoy DOA series in their own unique way. But sucks that people have to be so Bias on a genre that was recently though to be dead.

DarKaoZ: It was awesome your commercial made it into the stream (twice!). You really did an amazing job on it. Are you planning an Evo version for next month?

I never really thought of that, I just did the trailer because I wanted to have a trailer to hype KOFXIII announcement. But either Atlus and SKNP did one, dunno the reason, but I bet they are busy. So this came out off my own need to see a trailer and since I have experience in making Anime/Video Game Music Videos as a hobbie, I went ahead and did the trailer. That is one reason why the trailer syncs well with the music, I really tried to make is as a music video. I believe that a well synchronization between the music and video can make any trailer awesome.

Will I do a EVO2k11 trailer? Not sure, never really thought my video would get so much praise. I can't promise anything, but I will definitely try and do one. Sadly I can't do fancy 3D effects, my computer overheats a lot when rendering 3D and turns off, but at least I can do good transitions. lol

But yeah, it was so cool to see my trailer in a stream. I'm glad everybody enjoy it and could help out in something.  ;)

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »
Sorry, I didn't mean a whole new trailer for e3. Just an alternate ending to this one that gives the date for e3 instead of for Revalations.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2011, 12:21:46 PM »
Haha, maybe I shouldn't have used the word "mediocre", but I wanted to emphasize how she's not-top tier for the non-kof fans; most of you guys know how I feel about the balance of the game (good overall in a KOF sense).  I guess I overdid the point, FYI I was a '98UM King user pretty much like how I was am a Chin XIII user so I want to like her--my bad =)

The dropped combos were...yeah uncharacteristic of them.  I dunno what else to say since we all know how good they can be like how Rex Dart pointed out their FT10.  Bala played well and deserves the win and we're all happy for him (I love Reynald and John but it's better for the community to have some new winners and it ups the game for everyone).

Too tired to write coherently but thanks for those who stayed up for the stream--yes we know how many times it got delayed but of course it's not in our hands and it was to be expected.  

We're super excited of things to come in the coming weeks and months leading up to the console release and I hope you guys enjoyed the "announcements" about EVO, it was damn hard keeping my mouth shut about it for all these months.  =)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 12:25:05 PM by Kane317 »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2011, 01:09:52 PM »
I'm really angry right now! Because of the delay I wasn't able to see revelations KOF XIII tourney. I missed that King and I missed those "announcements" to EVO. What's going on? I missed all!! Grr!
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2011, 01:20:03 PM »
stream archived here http://www.justin.tv/leveluplive/b/287892978  go to 1h:30

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2011, 01:32:49 PM »
I'm really angry right now! Because of the delay I wasn't able to see revelations KOF XIII tourney. I missed that King and I missed those "announcements" to EVO. What's going on? I missed all!! Grr!

Don't worry, it's all archived.  Wait till you hear the announcements; you can thank us later =)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
thank you, man! I was getting mad trying to find this archivement. I don't why anything was showing. Now it works. Cool!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2011, 02:01:01 PM »
That was an awesome top 4. Like Kane said, I'm a fan of Reynald and Mr. Kof but at the same time I'm really glad someone else won.

There was Raiden shenanigans and whatnot going on (K' was a non-issue this time) but overall King I think was the star of the show, such a strong showing. Bala was just excellent in his execution and offence.

Was a little bit disappointed in Mr. Kof going for Raiden/K, not so much b/c of tier whoring but because I usually see him do so much better with characters like Robert and Terry. During the last match against Bala he even hovered over Robert so I figured finally but it didn't happen.

Great job overall guys, excellent commentary and matches and a great announcement to go with them. I don't think we could have asked for more.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2011, 02:22:27 PM »
Woa! Those Balla's King and Vice were the REVELATIONS! no doubt  :D  pretty happy to see some of my favourite characters winning tournaments. I think Balla really deserved to win, even MrKOF is still a very good player.

Great to hear that announcement! Thanks to all DC stuff to make it possible. You guys are working hard for KOF XIII, is exciting see your passion with that game.

Oh! and congratulations to DarKaoz! See your trailer there was awesome! :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:29:37 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2011, 02:40:24 PM »
Players? Check.
Commentators? Check.
PR people? Check.
Tournament organizers? Check.
Trailer makers? Check.
Combo/match vid makers? Check.

Its pretty cool how stacked this community is.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2011, 02:44:09 PM »
Nice work to Kane and The Answer on bring a great event and getting stream time. It was annoying that it was delayed and only showed top 4, but were great matches and interesting to see someone new win it.

On behalf of ON, thanks for the shoutout and get news about Dune! Cant wait for this to happen...

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2011, 03:59:46 PM »
Great showing, even with the uncharacteristic dropped combos going on.  I had been hyped up to see XIII earlier in the night, but it ended up kind of working out that it got delayed (was out of town for a AH3 gathering, where we actually ended up running a lot of 2002UM and lamenting that the stream was showing MvC3, but by the time I got home and took a shower and was just about to go to sleep, I happened to give the stream one last check and tuned in on match 2 of winner's finals...of course, had to stay up and watch the whole thing at that point ;) ).  Definitely a very strong performance by Bala, showing how beastly Vice and especially King can be.  Not that the other guys didn't have their moments as well (Raul's demolition of Raiden in his first match against Bala was great and seemed to get some pretty loud cheers from the crowd), but Bala deservedly stole the show.

Also, the EVO announcement is awesome!  Really looking forward to that happening already.
Old man/bad player

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2011, 05:15:10 PM »

Thanks! I miss it due to different timezone in Singapore! Cheers to DC for XIII exposure, hope to see more of it!

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2011, 06:24:52 PM »
I really wish there was a way to close the chat, just to make it easier to ignore.

If you hover around the chat, there will be an option to turn off the chat. The stream was pretty entertaining and a lot of people got hype which is a good sign.

Dark Geese

« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2011, 09:10:24 PM »

Mr. KoF and Reynald both looked pretty off tonight... drops everywhere! :( Think Dark Geese spiked their drinks, to help prove Mexi-KoF superiority?!? ;)

LOL but no....Long story but basically they were playing before on the main tvs and Oscar told Mr. KOF not to play Bala in casuals because he was catching on and ocving him (with King) etc, but he kept playing him so that's really what we think happened.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:15:38 PM by Dark Geese »