Author Topic: KOF XIII @ ReveLAtions June 11, 2011  (Read 34213 times)

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII @ ReveLAtions June 11, 2011
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2011, 05:28:54 PM »
Yeah, I thought you guys did a great job with the commentary. Kane, you should definitely handle commentary for future KOF tournaments.

Dark Geese

« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2011, 05:47:34 PM »
Im still in Cali I just wanted to let people know it's okay no biggie that I didn't get to play people in the older games much at all, it will happen in the future.

It certainly won't be the last time I will be in SoCal as I will probably be coming here as often as I do Mexico so I can get practice in KOF13, play against Armando and all of that.

To those that ask why we couldnt get to play the older games, we simply did not have enough time...

So next time I'm sure we'll make sure we get enough time to play those games, because we surely didn't want to take the thunder away from KOF13..as it deserves it from what I have seen.

Hopefully I can make it to EVO, but a few "recent setbacks" now have me stressed out a little bit as I have to prepare for Mexico vs. Peru so I dunno my status as of now.

Either way good to meet everyone (Romance again, Yoshi, Chris, Kim, Raul, Armando, etc) glad I could help be a part of this, thanks to Mr. KOF and Oscar for the hospitality, good playing the little games we did play Oscar (Geese vs. Tabasa matches were hype but am I the "best Geese in the West?" LOL), RJ (Nice playing in KOFXI!) and John (we gotta run back KOFXI and Chaos and play the others!) in SvC Chaos and KOFXI...

NorCal people nice meeting you I'm sure we will get to play in the future I will let you all know next time I'm in Cali it will be sooner than you think...

On another note, one thing that bothers me and bothered the SoCal players a bit is all the racist and UNEDUCATED derogatory remarks on the chats.

Now I know the SoCal players understand my POV, you have all these people commenting on something when they simply do not have all the facts and not giving respect where respect is due, for both Reynald AND Mr. KOF though they lost the tournament, they are both still great players, but you still have "Stream Monsters" talking derogatorily about them both as IF they could do better themselves (Hindsight 20/20 anyone?).

Let me tell you guys something, YOU WON'T. I do not think you could beat ME on a PAD in KOF13 and I played the game ONCE for the FIRST TIME on A STICK.

It's this type of stuff that needs to stop, that's what is really DIVIDING THE COMMUNITY.

If you are as good as you believe in your mind you won't hide behind a monitor, you will come back up your talk.

In regards to the commentating, I don't like to do commentating at all because truth of the matter is that it is pretty much a thankless job. So I have nothing but respect for those that do do it, but I will never do it for this simple reason.

Everyone is going to have their suggestions for improvement about commentating but people need to remember that these people (Oscar, Kane317) are doing this for free so remember to keep the criticism constructive and thank them for their efforts!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:58:53 PM by Dark Geese »

Anakron

« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »
It's the year 2011. Please tell me you don't still get mad at stream monsters. Yes, people are retarded and ignorant. No, these people do not actually matter in the fighting game community. There are even more of these kinds of people in larger communities. I wish you would take your own advice sometimes and ignore these people. You can't let people that don't have a say or influence on anything bother you.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the event since it was late on the East coast but it sounded like it was godlike.

Dark Geese

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2011, 06:17:57 PM »
It's the year 2011. Please tell me you don't still get mad at stream monsters. Yes, people are retarded and ignorant. No, these people do not actually matter in the fighting game community. There are even more of these kinds of people in larger communities. I wish you would take your own advice sometimes and ignore these people. You can't let people that don't have a say or influence on anything bother you.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the event since it was late on the East coast but it sounded like it was godlike.

I'm not mad at them, I'm just expressing a concern.

I've said it before these people don't matter in the big scheme of things, and that's not being elitist but it's the truth. Until you actually go see how hard it is to win in a tournament where there are quite a few good players, many people I feel should hold their tongue and be a little more respectful. And this goes for everyone really, if you do this on a youtube video (mine or whatever), unless you truly feel you can do better than the people on the video (yes even me), you should be a little more respectful...

Because if you call us out, we will not back down.

But other than that trust me I'm not mad at all, I just know now the SoCal people see the stuff I have to deal with all the time lol. I'm here with Mr. KOF now and he was like "Yeah they don't mean anything it doesn't matter."

It's the truth...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:20:38 PM by Dark Geese »

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2011, 07:02:27 PM »
I didn't know people were complaining about commentary, but then, the first thing I do whenever tuning in to a stream is get rid of the chat.  Doing commentary is not nearly as easy as a lot of a people think it is, and you two did a solid job of it.  For that matter, considering all of the challenges you guys must have faced (even being able to do a tournament at all without a console release [seriously, how many other communities would be willing to bring an arcade board to a tournament venue...KOF fans are nuts ;) *laughs* ], setting up the stream, working around all of the delays from other games, having controllers that the players would all be comfortable with that could work with the board set-up, making sure people were clear on the rules, etc.), it was really an incredible job overall.  Don't pay any attention to people talking out of their asses.  It was a great show, and you guys should be proud of the end result :)
Old man/bad player

Mr. Soulstar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2011, 07:35:53 PM »
I just wanted to come in to say thank you and congratulations for the SNK community putting on a great show at Revelations this past weekend. The play was great, and i wish i could've been there.

Shout outs to Kane and The Answer for holding down the commentary. All those announcements about EVO got me even more hype for going this year
Stand back, and watch me get loose

Dark Geese

« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2011, 08:18:47 PM »
Okay guys speaking along the lines of "respect" and EVO, since I hear there was a video request to make another video along the lines of the "Hummer video" from The KOF Cup 2011 about Mr. KOF,

I think Armando and John should play a FT20 in KOF13 at EVO to settle this so all can witness who truly is the better player.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »
Okay guys speaking along the lines of "respect" and EVO, since I hear there was a video request to make another video along the lines of the "Hummer video" from The KOF Cup 2011 about Mr. KOF,

I think Armando and John should play a FT20 in KOF13 at EVO to settle this so all can witness who truly is the better player.

There is no need for any of this right now, everything has been handled accordingly.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Feez

• New Challenger
  • feezy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2011, 09:40:59 PM »
Just wanted to say good job to everyone who worked towards making the stream possible. I know it was your first time commentating at such a large event too so I'm sure the anxiety and nervousness got to you guys as well. It sucked that Mr. KOF was not playing as well as he usually does since I was looking forward to watching him, but BALA put on a good show. I've actually seen him a few times on GGPO, good stuff.
they don't think it be like it is, but it do

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2011, 10:34:29 PM »

I wanted to stay out of the "Hummer Video" topic but now I have to say my two cents.

IMO, there's just no reason to make ANY type of video like that despite whoever wins.  That type of disrespect on the Hummer video makes me real sick, and I'm not even Japanese.  That type of unprofessionalism and frankly downright immaturity, is why it's going to be that much harder for anyone to respect a community that promotes such ridicule.  The guy flew in all the way to Mexico and that's the type of impression you want him to leave with?

Hypothetically speaking, if Mr KOF did beat Armando you're not going to see anyone make a video poking fun of another player.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 11:30:19 PM by Kane317 »

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2011, 11:14:17 PM »
hey whats up guys!!!I just wanted to say thank you guys for making this happen(dreamcancel,oscar,yuhang,revelations,AI crew,and anyone else that im forgetting)....THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!oscar we really appreciate what you did with the setup and the joysticks man!!!these type of events is what we need to make the kof scene grow more and DC is making it happen.so once again on behalf of team choas,THANKS GUYS. :)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2011, 11:16:14 PM »
I was still very impressed with all that went down with this tournament. I understand there were setbacks and soforth, but alot of those cats, especially those on the chat, don't really understand all the intricacies of doing something that major.

The commentary was straight. I liked how things were getting broken down so that you can have an idea as to what this player might be trying to do, or what opportunities were missed. The matches are fast, so trying to put out all that info is alot. Couple that with it being very late, and I'm pretty sure the hype led to some nervousness, especially since everyone wanted to put on a good show, which I felt was more important.

I'm definitely glad the K'/Raiden stigma was shutdown live and in HD!!! I'm tired of cats tripping off of that, but then again that doesn't mean that those characters are strong-- they're still beatable though...

Whatever with those stream cats talking smack... This stuff goes down in every type of community, beit MMORPG PvP, Fighting, or FPS. I'm pretty sure if a shuffle board tournament was being streamed, someone would hate... So whatever with all of that hoo-rah...

I'm surprised nobody jumped on KOF thinking they could get easy money by tier whoring. I'm not hating, I'm just saying, because I've witnessed that in other tourneys in the past...

Now let's get that fan-made KOF vid put on National TV, and build that hype, and squash the beef!!! Dudes have been waiting on this console release, and with the success of this tournament, I'm sure a bunch of cats will be trying to show up to more KOF venues, even those heads who dropped the game for other fighters...

Dark Geese

« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2011, 12:02:36 AM »

I wanted to stay out of the "Hummer Video" topic but now I have to say my two cents.

IMO, there's just no reason to make ANY type of video like that despite whoever wins.  That type of disrespect on the Hummer video makes me real sick, and I'm not even Japanese.  That type of unprofessionalism and frankly downright immaturity, is why it's going to be that much harder for anyone to respect a community that promotes such ridicule.  The guy flew in all the way to Mexico and that's the type of impression you want him to leave with?

Hypothetically speaking, if Mr KOF did beat Armando you're not going to see anyone make a video poking fun of another player.

Yeah we were talking about that even the guy that made the Hummer Video me and him have been talking about that. I have also since been talking to both Armando and Kula about this current thing so I want to make sure this type of stuff doesn't happen again.

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2011, 12:06:23 AM »
Link to this vid about Hummer please. There's nothing wrong with a bit of smack talk, but you guys are making this sound as if they rip into hummer in more ways than one.

Dark Geese

« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2011, 12:49:09 AM »
Link to this vid about Hummer please. There's nothing wrong with a bit of smack talk, but you guys are making this sound as if they rip into hummer in more ways than one.

They do hold on...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Hummer+vs.+Kula

FYI I didnt even give him access to those videos from my channel- so he had to have downloaded it and reused it withOUT my permission...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:52:13 AM by Dark Geese »