Author Topic: XIII scene in your country?  (Read 5253 times)

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
XIII scene in your country?
« on: May 10, 2011, 07:11:35 PM »
Just curious how's the scene overseas. For Singapore, I would say its slowly dying.

When the game was release, I could see a lot of old school and new players picking up the game. Many were impress by the improvements of graphics and system.

However, after a while players were dropping the game and went for SFIV:AE. Initially there were 4 machines, till today there's only 1 machine left and without much players. This is the sad truth here. Sometimes I feel that I'm the only one whose interested in KOF. My friends are either picking up SFIV:AE, MVC3 or BB.

Its quite boring when you like a particular VS game and there's no one to play with.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: XIII scene in your country?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:39:45 PM »
There is no such thing as "KOF XIII scene" here in Finland. Arcades are mythical places here. And when it comes out to the consoles, people won't buy it, because "It is not Tekken".
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 07:47:28 PM »
no more arcades in the netherlands.i heard they got 13 in belgium. since belgium is only 1 to 2 hours away, anybody know where to find it? i think frionel mentioned it. couldnt really understand it though.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 12:26:45 AM »
It varies in the US. There's 8 machines here that I know of, 5 of which are in California.

Alex's Arcade (Orange County)- Most of the arcade infinity go here, has maybe 8 or so regulars and monthly tournaments
Japan Arcade (LA)- About 5-8 regulars (Cali Mexicans)
Family Fun Arcade (Grenada Hills)- About 2-3 regulars, not as popular and might be due to double the cost to play
2 in San Francisco - 5 or so regulars
NY - unknown
2 in Texas - unknown

Seems like the ones from NY and Texas don't really post in forums on youtube videos, so we can't tell.

Master Kusanagi

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 02:29:36 AM »
There's one in Brooklyn that I know of, Henry Cen's Next Level I believe....

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 02:49:41 AM »
No XIII machines in Ontario (Canada), but a couple of the other AH3 regulars here were interested in it already, and they seemed very receptive when I pushed to introduce them to KoF in general at the last gathering (XI and 2002 UM...we would've run a casual scrub tournament in the latter but ran out of time...will try again this weekend).  Basically, we've got a little scene waiting whenever it becomes available to us :)
Old man/bad player

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 03:55:11 AM »
It varies in the US. There's 8 machines here that I know of, 5 of which are in California.

Alex's Arcade (Orange County)- Most of the arcade infinity go here, has maybe 8 or so regulars and monthly tournaments
Japan Arcade (LA)- About 5-8 regulars (Cali Mexicans)
Family Fun Arcade (Grenada Hills)- About 2-3 regulars, not as popular and might be due to double the cost to play
2 in San Francisco - 5 or so regulars
NY - unknown
2 in Texas - unknown

Seems like the ones from NY and Texas don't really post in forums on youtube videos, so we can't tell.

I believe NorCal is developing a scene nicely, and our ambassador FataCon is going to help the push forward. =)

syxx

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 05:43:41 PM »
kof 13 in chicago as of yesterday

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 09:10:42 PM »
kof 13 in chicago as of yesterday

NICE!  If it's confirmed please post it in the Cabinet Location thread. =)

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 07:39:53 AM »
In a country where Tekken has dominated the fighting game scene for years and SSF4 is being picked up on, not to mention the only KoF XIII cabinet, in a very unpopular decision, moved to a worse location and increased its already costly token per game, the KoF scene has actually been scarce.

The good side is, we actually have a small group of players who still arrange casual meetings and tournaments from time to time.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 03:49:33 AM »
With the closing of Chinatown Fair, I think the KOF13 community did not have a chance to develop here in NYC. Such a shame to because at CTF, there was always a dedicated group of players that played KOF2k2 on a consistent basis on Saturdays.

When I started going back to CTF(when 13 hit there), that same group was still there testing and loving the new game. Unfortunately, with the closing of CTF and Henry Cen opening his spot where he did, the scene has no shot of ever coming close to what it was at CTF.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the location of the new spot is horrible due to the traveling a lot of the players have to do just to play the game. The Next Level is pretty much nothing but Capcom stuff and from the sounds of it, noone even touches the KOF13 machine there.

I've contemplated going there one of these days but I think it's stupid that I would have to pay the hourly rate to play a game I will still have to insert quarters in to play. Not to mention the price of gas plus the tolls I would have to pay to get there would be silly.

But truth be told, I don't think I would even bother considering the japanese ball top and sticks setup is used there. when I played the game at CTF, it was my first time using that setup and it was frustrating. I wish they at least had the game setup to have the different button layout(punches top, kicks bottom).

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 04:01:44 AM »
You have to pay hourly and cab prices? The hell.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 06:27:46 PM »
Yep^ Guess they want to make sure noone is loitering around which is very true. If you've ever been to Chinatown Fair, a lot of people where just there to stand around and do absolutely nothing. Hell, some people would actually fall asleep for hours on the driving games. Can't forget the dumbasses who would take the seats from the sit down machines just cause they don't want to stand up. And when you ask for the seat back to get games in, they just bark at you as if you're the one at fault. 

But it sorta pisses me off about the hourly thing cause quite frankly, when I'm done with getting games in I have no reason to stick around at the place and leave right away.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 11:44:18 AM »