Author Topic: What is general opinion about Kof XI anyway?  (Read 39097 times)

XI

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
What is general opinion about Kof XI anyway?
« on: July 30, 2010, 04:59:56 PM »
Out of my curiosity, I wonder what is the general opinion about KoF XI from Kof hardcore fans? It seems that this game isn't popular than KoF 2002 Um, which it is shame since I like this more than 2002 Um a lot.

and as for the game mode, should I bother with Arcade Mode since I had been playing Arrange Mode since from the beginning.

mp3play3r

• New Challenger
  • 'Sup!
    • View Profile
Re: What is general opinion about Kof XI anyway?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 11:08:49 PM »
I play it a lot, with my friends in Team Mode, I didn't really cared for the tag system; And from what I've seen/been told, KOF13 has the same speed and feel of the game...
GGPO: mp3play3r
KOF'98/UM: Kyo, Vice, Iori - O. Yashiro, Mature, O. Chris
KOF2k2UM: Kyo-1, Vice, Andy -  Mature, Nameless, Iori

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 05:30:31 AM »
I finally started playing this game and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Still getting used to the tag system and trying to make combos utilizing it.

But why would you play it on team mode? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the game? Only reason I can see why is because the variety of characters since chances are we wont see many of them in future releases.

XI

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 06:09:00 AM »
Well, the Team Vs Mode has it own merit. First of all, you can use any Leader DM move for all members...and secondly, it is for those who hate or don't enjoy the Tag System.

Basically, I think it is a nice touch to have Tag System and Team Vs Mode in the same game as it will draw a lot of general players.

KDash

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 08:10:05 AM »
To be honest I really do like XI more than 2k2 because in XI you could do a regular tag at any time, could do quick shifts, and could do a saving shift while in hitstun.
A drive of the heavens

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 08:10:44 AM »
I like XI, especially for it's silky smooth controls. Combo's just seem to come out easier in this game compared to older installments.

I also love Eiji in this game, along with Sho.

mp3play3r

• New Challenger
  • 'Sup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 09:32:18 PM »
Yeah, this game is awesome, specially Team Mode (:

Too bad they ruined Kasumi... She's my main...

krazykone123

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 10:08:56 PM »
Yeah, this game is awesome, specially Team Mode (:

Too bad they ruined Kasumi... She's my main...

Yeah Kasumi sucks in XI, she's a damn monster in 2k2UM though

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 10:56:06 PM »
How did they mess up Kasumi anyways? I didn't really begin playing with her until 98UM came out, never got a chance to play with her in XI.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:02:00 PM by Running Wild »

krazykone123

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 11:33:47 PM »
How did they mess up Kasumi anyways? I didn't really begin playing with her until 98UM came out, never got a chance to play with her in XI.

She was slow which made it difficult for her to do any real damaging combos, had more counters than actual useful moves to be honest, piss poor combo potential, and in accordance to her being slow her combo setups did mediocre damage (jump-in>st. C>f+A>*etc etc*>[SC] hcbx2+P), hcbx2+P DM has horrible range btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiME5iCzRG4
That's about as much damage you'll ever do with her but it's not like anyone is going to use her as a Leader anyway

mp3play3r

• New Challenger
  • 'Sup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 10:19:44 AM »
They really messed her up in XI, oh well, hoping for KOFXIII console release
since she's one of the most popular SNK characters in japan; at least lol.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 04:25:56 PM »
this is my main KOF game... i love the controls... i've always had issues with older kofs and controls... but XI flows soo smoothly...

me and my friend play in all the modes... while i do like the Tag system... we recently have been playing as Team Mode mostly to get ready for xiii... and some times for fun we also play Single mode...

i do really like team mode as it feels like regular KOF... and every character can do their own LDMs... and exploit their full arsenal...

i've been practicing with Adelheid lately... and i'll post up about him in the wiki section... also my main is Clark... so i'll fill in the wiki for him as well... and i've substituted Kula for K'... cause she is too easy... and K' is SICK...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

umgogo

• New Challenger
  • 時にはジェラシー
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 09:30:29 PM »
Having played fighting games since early 1992, I hold XI as the best KOF, and possibly my current favourite fighter, due to the smooth controls, fun tag/Shift system and interesting versions of most characters. Note that I am slightly biased (what with having sub-par execution skills and living for jump-in combos).

and as for the game mode, should I bother with Arcade Mode since I had been playing Arrange Mode since from the beginning.

I have barely even touched Arcade Mode, since Arrange is more balanced in general (though perhaps not balanced enough) and I strongly dislike the concept of "anywhere juggles." Some say combos (particularly links) are even easier to do in Arcade, but from my limited experience, I cannot say I find the difference pivotal.
宿命を負いし想い出の守り男

Tone

• New Challenger
  • tryin to stay hungry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 12:37:26 AM »
Having played this game since it released, my general thoughts on the game is that it's completely retarded, but ridiculously fun at the same time.

Never touched arrange mode, never felt the need to, nobody anywhere plays it, and from what I hear it changes the game a whoooooole lot.

Haven't checked out the wiki yet, but I'd gladly contribute to pages for Adel and Gai if needed.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 03:22:11 AM »
@ umgogo... arcade mode is the way to go... no one plays arrange mode... and there is no point in hating anywhere juggles... as it is in XIII as well... it makes combos a lot more fun...

@Tone... i wrote up a big ass section on Adelheid in srk... so i'll just put it all together in the wiki here... u can do Gai...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 03:23:44 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!