Author Topic: Arcade Sticks for PC (GGPO, SC, AL)  (Read 7039 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Arcade Sticks for PC (GGPO, SC, AL)
« on: May 15, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »
After using PS3 and 360 designated sticks for the online arcade apps, I'm wondering if those are the best to use. Do most of you use Hori, MadCatz sticks or that X-Arcade stick for playing on GGPO, ArcLive, or Supercade?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Sticks for PC (GGPO, SC, AL)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 04:12:33 PM »
The X-Arcade is sub-par. I had one a long time ago and sold it as soon as I got a Hori FS3 whic is much better despite being a low end stick. I usually use either my HRAP3 or NeoGeo USB stick.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 08:20:48 AM »
Do not buy an X-Arcade holy crap. Your best best is a Hori stick or a 360 Madcatz one. PS3 Madcatz sticks need a specific chipset to work so it's a bit of a risk. I'd probably go with Madcatz cause it's already Sanwa parts and they're really really cheap. I've found tons of used TEs for 70ish.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 06:39:08 PM »
Thanks for the advice with the X-Arcade guys, I had my eye on one that was around $100. Found a DOA4 Hori stick (360) that works great, so I'll probably be sticking to that beauty for a good while. I'm guessing most of the 360 sticks work a little better than the PS3 sticks when porting to the PC, but probably depends mostly on the OS.

I've found tons of used TEs for 70ish.
Happen to know where they might still be 70ish?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 11:50:12 AM »
Just check SRK a lot since. Craigslist is also a decent place to find cheap sticks.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 01:23:40 AM »
I use a Namco PSone Arcade Stick w/ a USB converter when I play fighters on my laptop.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 03:30:09 AM »
I got 2 PS3 MadCatz TE and they work fine with my PC, i didn't have any problem with the Intel chipset thingy.

I recommend getting one for PC use, but like Demoninja said, it's a bit of a risk to buy a PS3 MadCatz for PC, better get a 360 version.

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 02:26:27 PM »
Personally I use my SFIV first generation  ps3 TE stick which seems to work perfectly fine on my pc. There are a few problems with the compatibility of the ps3 version on certain computers. That you would have to research yourself however I think that stick is a very good, affordable and can be easily modified if  need be.

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 06:29:06 PM »
I have Windows Vista and have had no problems using a 360 Mad Catz stick on it.  Plugs right into the USB port.

krazykone123

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 06:54:41 PM »
My Madcatz SE is working sorta, it'll read that it's plugged in but I can't map any buttons for some reason. My old laptop read just fine so this is annoying as hell.

Anyone else got this issue? btw I'm running Windows 7 as my OS if that helps.

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 09:11:15 PM »
Madcatz sticks does have been known to have issues like that when being used on Win7.  I don't think there's a fix for it either.

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 11:38:23 PM »
My Madcatz SE is working sorta, it'll read that it's plugged in but I can't map any buttons for some reason. My old laptop read just fine so this is annoying as hell.

Here is what you can do go to this site.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/45610/how-to-use-your-ps-3-controllers-as-a-joystick-for-your-windows-pc/
Completely disregard the bluetooth pairing part. I was having the same problem before where the ps3 controller would be picked up but i could never press any buttons to see if it actually was working.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 03:48:01 PM »

Here is what you can do go to this site.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/45610/how-to-use-your-ps-3-controllers-as-a-joystick-for-your-windows-pc/
Completely disregard the bluetooth pairing part. I was having the same problem before where the ps3 controller would be picked up but i could never press any buttons to see if it actually was working.

Madcatz te sticks for the ps3 are very idiotly made.The usb is 2.1 and not all usb boards suport it because it's an old format.That is the problem.That stuff won t help you.the only way to make it work is buying a VIA chipset usb board or something that supports 2.1.There is no software fix for this.