Author Topic: Real Bout Fatal Fury Special  (Read 15263 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 05:46:05 PM »
yeah its the same for terry, kim and other characters that have charge specials. doing  ;dn  ;ub will result in a straight up version.  ;dn ;up is the normal version. im not sure (last time i played rbs seriously was in 97?) but it might even be possible to make the specials go further by doing  ;dn ;uf, but im not too sure about that as its been way too long (i dont even have an emu anymore to try shit out, and im not about to plug in my neo cdz or ps2).

also id like to know why duck would be put over characters like terry or mai for instance. i agree on sokaku and the billy's their old news. what im curious about is duck. from what i remember he was really good, but not sokaku or billy or good imo. besides otg after a throw and super, and a throwable super what makes duck S+ tier. almost none of the other characters in the S- tier have any bad matchups, so what makes duck really special to be placed in S+?

edit: terrys power charge into tripple geyser trick. its actually pretty easy when you get used to the timing. the way to hit all 3 hits of the geyser is to do the tripple geyser at the last cancelable frame from the powercharge (iirc). meaning you dont do it too early, and you dont do it after the cancelable window (so you dont link into it, but cancel into it). doing it this will will guarantee that you will hit all 3 hits of the geyser against anybody cept yamazaki, and maybe kim? for some reason im sure about yamazaki he only gets hit by 2? there is this last frame where terry puts his arm thats closer to the screen a little up before that cancelabillety of the move is over, thats the exact frame you wanna tripple them.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 05:49:46 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Dark Geese

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 02:52:57 PM »
yeah its the same for terry, kim and other characters that have charge specials. doing  ;dn  ;ub will result in a straight up version.  ;dn ;up is the normal version. im not sure (last time i played rbs seriously was in 97?) but it might even be possible to make the specials go further by doing  ;dn ;uf, but im not too sure about that as its been way too long (i dont even have an emu anymore to try shit out, and im not about to plug in my neo cdz or ps2).

also id like to know why duck would be put over characters like terry or mai for instance. i agree on sokaku and the billy's their old news. what im curious about is duck. from what i remember he was really good, but not sokaku or billy or good imo. besides otg after a throw and super, and a throwable super what makes duck S+ tier. almost none of the other characters in the S- tier have any bad matchups, so what makes duck really special to be placed in S+?

edit: terrys power charge into tripple geyser trick. its actually pretty easy when you get used to the timing. the way to hit all 3 hits of the geyser is to do the tripple geyser at the last cancelable frame from the powercharge (iirc). meaning you dont do it too early, and you dont do it after the cancelable window (so you dont link into it, but cancel into it). doing it this will will guarantee that you will hit all 3 hits of the geyser against anybody cept yamazaki, and maybe kim? for some reason im sure about yamazaki he only gets hit by 2? there is this last frame where terry puts his arm thats closer to the screen a little up before that cancelabillety of the move is over, thats the exact frame you wanna tripple them.

I'll reply to this when I get back to Texas or tomorrow I'm pretty busy atm.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 06:20:36 PM »
no probz

ShinBlanka

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • FINAL ROUND
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 01:00:45 AM »
If anyone is going to be at CEO this weekend in orlando florida I will be holding RBS lessons on DJ Delly neocandy cabinet!  Regular tung is better than ex tung.  Regular tung is WAY BETTER THAN bottom tier.  Ask deadlyraveneo about my regular tung. ;)  The good thing about RBS is that alot of characters can compete against the top tier.  I personally don't know what the teirs are.  I know duck king is in that upper crust!  he has the most mobility in RBS hands down!  I'll be at evo also and I think the arcade cabinet club in vegas will bring their neo cabs to this years event!  I'll be wearing a Final Round t shirt or something with Atlanta.
FINAL ROUND "A Staple in the Fighting Game Community"

ShinBlanka

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • FINAL ROUND
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 01:51:33 AM »
regular Tung=
Pro's
1. best projectile in RBS
2. Quick attacks into combo's
3. off his combo's to can continue his pressure kinda like yun or yang in sf3.
4. People tend to miss him do to him being so small on there jump attacks.  (Maybe they just mis-time the attack)
5. the best air to air attack in the game.

Cons:
1. short attack range.  It's not as small as you would think, but against zoning characters he has problems.
2. Damage is low
3. hard to combo into spinning super, thus low damage

The Gentleman

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 02:06:25 AM »
This game is easily my favorite in the Fatal Fury Special. I'm definitely not an expert at the game, but I did find a nifty combo for Joe.  ;b ;c ;b works like the typical  ;a ;b ;c combo, but since it ends on  ;b, you get the same advantages and abilities that you would if you only did a ;b ;b or ;a ;b combo. You can go into desperation moves after ;b ;c ;b, or extend the combo to  ;b ;c ;b ;b ;c, or even do it before going into P Power/S Power moves.

Oddly enough, this is the only game I use Joe in.

ShinBlanka

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • FINAL ROUND
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 05:03:18 PM »
This game is easily my favorite in the Fatal Fury Special. I'm definitely not an expert at the game, but I did find a nifty combo for Joe.  ;b ;c ;b works like the typical  ;a ;b ;c combo, but since it ends on  ;b, you get the same advantages and abilities that you would if you only did a ;b ;b or ;a ;b combo. You can go into desperation moves after ;b ;c ;b, or extend the combo to  ;b ;c ;b ;b ;c, or even do it before going into P Power/S Power moves.

Oddly enough, this is the only game I use Joe in.
The great thing about RBS is every character can win!  Joe does some sick damage in this game.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 04:15:28 PM »
yeah but the boring part of the game is that most of the combos are the same for most of the cast.

ShinBlanka

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • FINAL ROUND
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 06:39:26 PM »
yeah but the boring part of the game is that most of the combos are the same for most of the cast.
yes that is true but lets not start that old arguement in these forums sir!  It really depends on what type of game you prefer.  I prefer rbs and you prefer rb2.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 05:59:30 PM »
http://andriasang.com/objnh6/real_bout_garou_densetsu_special/product/

If anyone is interested, it's coming out on the Wii VC today. Supporting is supporting, right? lol

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 06:08:35 PM »
http://andriasang.com/objnh6/real_bout_garou_densetsu_special/product/

If anyone is interested, it's coming out on the Wii VC today. Supporting is supporting, right? lol
now see i be a lot more exited if this came out on xbox and ps3