Author Topic: The Latin American Cup 2011: PERU GRAND CHAMPIONS!  (Read 32358 times)

Dark Geese

The Latin American Cup 2011: PERU GRAND CHAMPIONS!
« on: May 17, 2011, 06:01:11 PM »
The Latin American Cup 2011!

Updates:

EDIT: I will have all matches or some Monday as Luis Cha plays all the tops today.

Friday, August 5th, 2011:

Luis Cha said the Peruvians are very very strong!!! He said they are POSSIBLY BETTER THAN ANDRES AND BART! UH OH!!! SEE EVERYONE, THIS IS WHY I'M DOING THIS...AGAIN YOU DON'T KNOW UNTIL IT HAPPENS.. (No more "derailing/ranting" or whatever guys....)

Luis Cha recorded some casuals, he will get them to me tomorrow for me to edit and upload...

Saturday August 6, 2011:

Luis Cha (MEX) vs. AngelStronG (PER) Money Match:

Luis Cha 20, AngelStronG 16.

Luis Cha (MEX) vs. Terruco (PER): Luis Cha wins.

Luis Cha (MEX) vs. Takuma (PER): Luis Cha wins.

Sunday August 7, 2011:

Luis Cha (MEX) vs. Walter (PER): Walter wins 25-20.

Luis Cha (MEX) vs. Joker (PER):

Joker wins 30-7!!!!!!!!!!

Luis Cha (MEX) vs. Lopez (PER): Lopez wins 20-16!

So the score so far: every personal win vs. the Peruvian Tops=1 for that country.

Mexico-
Peru-2
Brazil-

The 4v4 will count for 10 points for the winning country

The tournament will count for 5 points for the winner, 3 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:29:53 PM by Dark Geese »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico vs. Peru 2011: The Mexican Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:13:22 PM »
Yeah!!! I can't wait to see this happen.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:28:27 PM »
Video Section:

All Videos thus far as I edit them and upload them:

First one a message covering different topics to many different people:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:36:25 PM by Dark Geese »

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 07:48:43 PM »
THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE!!! :)

Dark Geese

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 08:59:15 PM »
Update:

This tournament is happening the 2nd week of August (the actual tournament on the weekend, the matches for the whole week), more than likely with the change of things I will not be present but I will make sure everything is going according to plan and being recorded!

Confirmed representatives for Mexico:

1. Kula
2. Zeus
3. Bart
4. Andres
5. Luis Cha

All of them will be there for an entire week, so again you all will see probably 5x the amount of footage you saw from The KOF Cup 2011 on my youtube channel because they will be playing that entire week! Kensou is also from what I hear confirmed (someone else is buying his ticket) but I am going to hold out on that until I hear he is actually there.

You will see a Team Mexico vs. Team Peru International exhibition (if they want to include Brazil's #1 etc) many personal matches as well as the tournament itself! This is basically one month away!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:05:12 PM by Dark Geese »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 05:13:06 AM »
There will be some sort of stream right?

Waifu Material

Dark Geese

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 01:38:49 PM »
Guys remember-

Not everyone has access to these types of things being streams. If we can stream it we will, but anticipate more than likely that they will not have the necessary material and equipment to stream..

Dark Geese

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 02:39:16 AM »
Update: Everything begins the 8th of August, but the pre-game festivities will begin the 5TH of August. I will send Luis Cha to Peru the 5th of August and we will get things setup for this week long event!!! So Starting the 5th of August, Luis Cha will be sending me everything per my request for this monster event so I can download it, edit it, and then upload it to youtube! I will get on average 10 videos a day (starting the 5th of August) to me until the event is over the 15th, and then afterwards I will have to wait until my external hard drive and camera is sent back to me for the rest.

I am making a video updating everyone about this now as this will be a monster event!!!!! In regards to a live stream, this is another reason I have agreed to send Luis Cha the 5th so we can see if this is possible!!! I will more than likely not be able to go..

** I HEAR Peru has a KOF13 Arcade, we will also do a Mexico vs. Peru 2011 Arcade tournament!!!**

So main events:

KOF 2002
KOF13

KOFXI, 2000, 98UM, 2002UM casual matches,

KOF 2002 Personal Matches!

So in the end Mexico vs. Peru 2011 Matches will be monstrous, we are talking TEN DAYS of MATCHES!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 02:48:34 AM by Dark Geese »

Dark Geese

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »
Guys we have decided it is in the best interests of the Peruvian organizers NOT to have a live stream. Now before you go haywire let me explain the situation:

They have the capability to live stream and they can I know that NOW after talking to AngelStronG. The problem is that the Peruvian KOF community wants everything for free, so if they stream the event they won't make any money off the event themselves that is going to be used to give hospitality, food, etc for the Mexican players staying there for a week.

So with that said for this time for sure it is in THEIR AND OUR best interests to NOT stream the event live this time..sorry guys going to announce this on youtube so that everyone knows and does not ask me questions about the Live Stream this time..maybe next time things will work out better and I can setup the food and stay ordeal for the Mexican players better so that we can live stream..

-DG

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 10:30:41 PM »
DG, just for curiosity, what brand of arcade parts and button layout are mostly used in Mexico and Peru?

I've heard what mexicans use the Official Neo Geo Layout and use Happ parts (or generic one):

*** ;b ;c ;d
 ;a

sorry if I'm bothering you

Dark Geese

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 12:44:44 AM »
DG, just for curiosity, what brand of arcade parts and button layout are mostly used in Mexico and Peru?

I've heard what mexicans use the Official Neo Geo Layout and use Happ parts (or generic one):

*** ;b ;c ;d
 ;a

sorry if I'm bothering you

In Mexico its HAPP parts, but I am unaware of what it is in Peru but from what I hear it could be pretty much the same and no you're not bothering me at all!

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 02:18:38 AM »
In Mexico its HAPP parts, but I am unaware of what it is in Peru but from what I hear it could be pretty much the same and no you're not bothering me at all!

Thanks for the info, DG. It's sad not having stream this time, but I'll be waiting for YT uploads in your channel ;)

Dark Geese

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 04:03:04 AM »

Thanks for the info, DG. It's sad not having stream this time, but I'll be waiting for YT uploads in your channel ;)

You'll be getting videos from my youtube channel continuous for probably the next week to 3 months until "everything has concluded" you will know more about other stuff happening possibly very soon!

Oh yeah Peruvian International team for the 5v5 is:

Javier, Toshi, Joker, Sabaozinho (BRA), Kbeczinha (BRA)

vs. Mexico Team of:

Kula, Zeus, Andres, Bart, Luis Cha

Dark Geese

Latin American Cup 2011!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 10:11:14 PM »
Okay everyone, update, just decided to change the name and make another poster witht he name change and a slightly different design because I have discovered Peru is the #1 country in South America in KOF 2002, with Brazil being #2, so I had no idea the magnitude of this event until I heard that!

The new name is now: The Latin American Cup 2011!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:47:22 PM by Dark Geese »

Dark Geese

Re: The Latin American Cup 2011
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »
As THE PREMIER ORGANIZER OF THIS EVENT, I am adding the following:

In lieu of not only recent events at EVO, but what I experienced myself at The KOF Cup 2011 with the "Skato situation", I am making it mandatory that the following rules be placed in:

1. If there are any problems with the sticks they must contact Luis Cha or AngelStronG IMMEDIATELY..within the first 2 minutes of the match or it will not be honored (if these are serious matches i.e. tournament play etc).

2. If the person does respond within the  2 minute timeframe about stick/button problems or whatever, the choice I tell Luis Cha/AngelStronG after knowing all the facts WILL OVERRULE WHATEVER DECISION MADE by both players. So that means if say Kula and Javier are playing and Kula decides to replay the match giving Javier another shot, I alone will make the decision what will happen in the end....whether that be them playing again or awarding the match to the person that was winning...

I have spoken with Kula and he agrees that this is a shame that this had to happen the way it did and he agrees with the changes 100%.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:13:14 PM by Dark Geese »