Author Topic: The Latin American Cup 2011: PERU GRAND CHAMPIONS!  (Read 31991 times)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The Latin American Cup 2011
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 02:03:16 AM »
Well, so much for the Mexicans retiring OG2k2 after this event. If anything, the game will continue to live past this event and become an even bigger game in the country if they end up going home big time losers against the other Latin countries.

Such a shame the majority of the FGC here in the USA only thinks that MvC2 is the only game that has had a 10 year life span.

Dark Geese

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 02:05:45 AM »
Well, so much for the Mexicans retiring OG2k2 after this event. If anything, the game will continue to live past this event and become an even bigger game in the country if they end up going home big time losers against the other Latin countries.

Such a shame the majority of the FGC here in the USA only thinks that MvC2 is the only game that has had a 10 year life span.

From what I've heard it's already getting bigger but I pretty much anticipated that...again this just pushes things towards the eventual World KOF Cup...

And now I can just drop the newer games in there and of course they will listen..as will the rest of the world...Javier says if he wins HE WANTS TO GO TO JAPAN...

In regards to MVC2, ignorance shows itself in many different forms, some people in their lives will realize this, others will not.

-DG
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 02:14:35 AM by Dark Geese »

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 02:25:21 AM »
Well, I hope that some of those players take 2k2UM a hell of a lot more seriously. Cause if they do go to Japan, they will realize that the country has moved to 2k2UM and that trying to weed out the top players in OG2k2 may be a bit hard. Unless of course you are still keeping tabs with Hummer and you can ask him to set up matches with whoever is considered the tops in OG2k2 over there.

Dark Geese

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 02:43:34 AM »
Well, I hope that some of those players take 2k2UM a hell of a lot more seriously. Cause if they do go to Japan, they will realize that the country has moved to 2k2UM and that trying to weed out the top players in OG2k2 may be a bit hard. Unless of course you are still keeping tabs with Hummer and you can ask him to set up matches with whoever is considered the tops in OG2k2 over there.

Yes I am keeping tabs with Hummer....and I have told them many times about 2002 UM in relation to the Asian part of the world and many of them have begun preparing for this diligently, so we will see what happens in the future.

Plus Hummer etc has told me if the Mexicans come to Japan, they will train extensively in 2002 again in preparation for the Mexican visit.

Score is Peru 10, Mexico 0.

Javier (PER) vs. Luis Cha (MEX):

Javier 20, Luis Cha 7.

Javier defeated Luis Cha 20-7, thus another 5 points for Peru. They will all (The Tops certainly) play Wednesday... again
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:28:33 AM by Dark Geese »

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
  • Secador Oficial do Wong
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 04:06:35 AM »

Argetina vs. Brazil vs. Chile vs. Mexico vs. Peru and adding the following games:

-KOF 2002 UM
-KOF 98
-KOF 98UM
-KOF 13
-KOFXI

Edit: XIII is included. I've misread.

I ALREADY GOT THE HYPE!!!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:13:32 AM by AleixoFM »

Dark Geese

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 04:13:55 AM »

Argetina vs. Brazil vs. Chile vs. Mexico vs. Peru and adding the following games:

-KOF 2002 UM
-KOF 98
-KOF 98UM
-KOF 13
-KOFXI

I hope XIII can be included in next LAC but will depend so much of the communities of these countries. At least, Mexico already mastered XIII in general (in my opinion).

I wouldn't say Mexico has mastered KOF13 per se, but I am working this year behind the scenes to tie together other communities so we will see what becomes of that. One thing I know for a certainty, above anything else I do not care who wants to go to this tournament, I will stand my ground and be present at the next one.

I also believe despite what level countries will be at, bottom line will be that there will be so much National Pride on the line that whatever the results are will force the other countries to look in the mirror at one another, which will cause them to get stronger (and that is the goal).
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:15:59 AM by Dark Geese »

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 01:26:06 PM »
This is basically going to become the Latin American SBO as next year we are talking:

-KOF 2002 UM
-KOF 98
-KOF 98UM
-KOF 13
-KOFXI

People like Abraham are excited and saying they are going to Peru next year, this is taking a life of it's own!
Man, this one's just getting started, and you're already planning something bigger for next year's event *laughs* .  Looks pretty awesome already.

Too bad about the internet available to Luis Cha being slow, but I'm sure the wait for videos will be worth it with the level of play it sounds like we'll be seeing.
Old man/bad player

Dark Geese

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 07:05:59 PM »
This is basically going to become the Latin American SBO as next year we are talking:

-KOF 2002 UM
-KOF 98
-KOF 98UM
-KOF 13
-KOFXI

People like Abraham are excited and saying they are going to Peru next year, this is taking a life of it's own!
Man, this one's just getting started, and you're already planning something bigger for next year's event *laughs* .  Looks pretty awesome already.

Too bad about the internet available to Luis Cha being slow, but I'm sure the wait for videos will be worth it with the level of play it sounds like we'll be seeing.

Yeah since Kula has about 40 videos of him and Bart playing to give me plus the 300 videos (at least 300 it's going to seem), plus the fact that I will have new Geese Tower matches coming, my youtube channel is seriously going to explode.

On top of this, I bet money by the time KOF13 comes out on consoles I will either be still working on the videos or JUST FINISHING HAHAHAHA..

xD

I'm always planning something bigger and badder. Be that trips to Cambodia, Korea, Japan, etc or what have you to discover more hidden talent!!!!!

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:23:39 PM by Dark Geese »

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 07:19:12 PM »
Joker told me via orkut due to other mexicans arrive tonight in Peru, tomorrow starts the other duels of Peru vs. Mexico:

Joker vs Andrés
Toshi vs Kula

My thoughts about these matchups:

Joker vs Andrés: Peruano will not get an easy match against Andrés, but the peruvian player can win this match.

Toshi x Kula: is hard to say who can win. Kula is the best playe of Mexico and Toshi is very talentous, even is young. Favouritism x Talent: The HYPEST match of the day. Even with difficulties and nervosism, Toshi can win Kula.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:08:12 PM by AleixoFM »

Dark Geese

Re: The Latin American Cup 2011: Kula, Bart, Andrés are in Peru!!
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »
Joker told me via orkut due to other mexicans arrive tonight in Peru, tomorrow starts the other duels of Peru vs. Mexico:

Joker vs Andrés
Toshi vs Kula

Yes and I am talking to Luis Cha, AngelStronG etc to confirm this.

They are moving a KOF13 Arcade cab to the location just so people will be able to play it..so YES YOU ARE GETTING KOF13 MATCHES PEOPLE!!!!!

EDIT:

More news:

First money match happens today at 1 PM  Central Standard Time with Joker vs. Andrés...

Kula, Bart, Andrés have arrived at Peru.

I thought this news was worthy of a post by itself.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:24:30 PM by Dark Geese »

VinnAleixoFM

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Portal Versus
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 03:35:23 PM »
Kula (MEX) 20 x 12 Diego Chin (PER, Silver Knight #1)

played at 4 AM o.O

Dark Geese

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 07:23:21 PM »
Kula (MEX) 20 x 12 Diego Chin (PER, Silver Knight #1)

played at 4 AM o.O

WTF...wow....Gracias... Damn Kula got off the fucking plane ready to play o_0...

EDIT:

Last minute change again-

Now these are the new order of matches:

Andrés  (MEX) vs. Joker (PER)- Joker 40, Andrés 23!!!

***KULA (MEX) vs. JAVIER (PER)***- BATTLE OF THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bart (MEX) vs. Toshi (PER)

Luis Cha (MEX) vs. Elmer (PER)

Score: Peru 15, Mexico 0.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:35:07 AM by Dark Geese »

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2011, 06:28:05 AM »
cant wait to see some footages of this  :)
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

Dark Geese

Re: The Latin American Cup 2011: Kula Defeats Javier!!!
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2011, 08:12:02 AM »
Kula currently leads in the Battle 4 America in 2002 Javier 32-17 in a FT40!

Result:

Kula 40, Javier 29.

I have to say this was probably the most watched KOF 2002 match EVER..you guys have no idea how much my facebook and GGPO was blowing up with this.......

Facebook collapsed ONCE it was that intense guys seriously..I think Kula vs. Javier caused Facebook to collapse!!!

Score:

Peru- 15, Mexico 5.

EDIT:

Here are Today's Matches:

1pm Toshi (PER) vs Bart (MEX)

5pm Joker (PER) vs Kula (MEX)

9pm Elmer (PER) vs Luis Cha  (MEX)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:15:11 PM by Dark Geese »

Violent Geese

• New Challenger
  • tu miedo es mi disfraz
    • View Profile
    • Violent Geese channel
Re: The Latin American Cup 2011: Kula Defeats Javier!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2011, 06:14:25 PM »
Man i wanna see these matches, will you uploaded to your youtube channel or were can i find them?