Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 278172 times)

chasiubao

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #810 on: May 31, 2011, 09:20:29 AM »
GGs to the ppl i played at japan arcade.  when summer pass by im not gonna be as busy as much.  i hope we can get more games in and give me some tips on how i should play.  when i played you guys it seems like everyone was literally 10 steps ahead of me haha.  hope to drop by more around the summer.

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 31, 2011, 09:59:18 AM »
GGs to the ppl i played at japan arcade.  when summer pass by im not gonna be as busy as much.  i hope we can get more games in and give me some tips on how i should play.  when i played you guys it seems like everyone was literally 10 steps ahead of me haha.  hope to drop by more around the summer.
GGs man!!!we look forward to playing u again.im sure all u need is some good practice and you're good to go.sure thing man!!we would love to show u some tips and tricks so that u can level up your game.just make sure to tell us who u are!!jaja we play by ourselves most of the time but once in a while a new player joins in.

ESB Cancel

• New Challenger
  • Blue Pineapple
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 31, 2011, 10:35:07 AM »
Welcome to Dreamcancel Sam and glad you got a chance to register since we see you at AA from time to time.  As for what days we go it really varies.  For the most part you can see Ash (CMD.Duc)M-Th from 5pm ish-8pm, Mr Kof/John goes there almost daily, and the rest is really random.  I personally try to make it once or twice week but I usually only stay 1h-2hrs.  The name's Yuhang and I'm the Chin user btw.

Thanks for the heads up man, I appreciate it very much! As a big fighting game fan, I really want to learn and enjoy this game! :)

Were you the guy yesterday that wore the white shirt and sunglasses that played an "extremely" good Benimaru? (I know you use Chin, but your Benimaru was, like I said, "extremely" good as well?) I was the asian guy that came in the afternoon with glasses wearing a black shirt and jeans and was using a team of Iori, Leona, and Shen. I can remember Duc using a team of Shen, Ash, and Iori. Sorry if I creeped both of you guys out by sitting and analyzing your matches for a complete 25 minutes before playing. lol

GGS to both of you, even though I'm barely starting out with my team of Iori, Leona, and Shen, I find these characters really fun but hard as hell to learn. Sorry for repeating this. (By the way, I'm dropping Mai for now since I have trouble figuring her out, although I do hear that she is a very basic character to learn.)

And to Duc, that Iori regular command grab that connected on Ash's Neomax (I think) was epic, even though I couldn't capitalize on that moment with a super. :( But I'll be sure to try harder next time. ;)

Sorry for the long post.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:26:31 AM by ESB Cancel »
PSN: ESB007

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 31, 2011, 11:24:23 AM »

Thanks for the heads up man, I appreciate it very much! As a big fighting game fan, I really want to learn and enjoy this game! :)

Were you the guy yesterday that wore the white shirt and sunglasses that played an "extremely" good Benimaru as well? I was the asian guy that came in the afternoon with glasses wearing a black shirt and jeans and was using a team of Iori, Leona, and Shen. I can remember Duc using a team of Shen, Ash, and Iori. Sorry if I creeped both of you guys out by sitting and analyzing your matches for a complete 25 minutes before playing. lol

GGS to both of you, even though I'm barely starting out with my team of Iori, Leona, and Shen, I find these characters really fun but hard as hell to learn. Sorry for repeating this. (By the way, I'm dropping Mai for now since I have trouble figuring her out, although I do hear that she is a very basic character to learn.) And to Duc, that Iori regular command grab that connected on Ash's Neomax (I think) was epic, even though I couldn't capitalize on that moment with a super. :( But I'll be sure to try harder next time. ;)

Sorry for the long post.

You're most likely referring to Reynald (l2slythe), Rj (4leaf)'s younger brother. I'm the Duo Lon, Chin and Shen user.

ESB Cancel

• New Challenger
  • Blue Pineapple
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 31, 2011, 11:32:40 AM »

Were you the guy yesterday that wore the white shirt and sunglasses that played an "extremely" good Benimaru as well? I was the asian guy that came in the afternoon with glasses wearing a black shirt and jeans and was using a team of Iori, Leona, and Shen. I can remember Duc using a team of Shen, Ash, and Iori. Sorry if I creeped both of you guys out by sitting and analyzing your matches for a complete 25 minutes before playing. lol

GGS to both of you, even though I'm barely starting out with my team of Iori, Leona, and Shen, I find these characters really fun but hard as hell to learn. Sorry for repeating this. (By the way, I'm dropping Mai for now since I have trouble figuring her out, although I do hear that she is a very basic character to learn.) And to Duc, that Iori regular command grab that connected on Ash's Neomax (I think) was epic, even though I couldn't capitalize on that moment with a super. :( But I'll be sure to try harder next time. ;)

Sorry for the long post.

You're most likely referring to Reynald (l2slythe), Rj (4leaf)'s younger brother. I'm the Duo Lon, Chin and Shen user.

Oh wow, man do I feel embarrassed now. I'm sorry for mistaking everyone, my bad! I need to be more careful next time.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:34:35 AM by ESB Cancel »
PSN: ESB007

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 31, 2011, 12:32:54 PM »
Oh wow, man do I feel embarrassed now. I'm sorry for mistaking everyone, my bad! I need to be more careful next time.

No need to be embarrassed, you have to learn like 6-7 new names and faces, we only need to learn one.  

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 01, 2011, 12:14:11 AM »
Trying to do something that's considered difficult in a real match is very risky and usually not worth the attempt. We don't need to see them fail a combo multiple times to make a point on how difficult it is to do. I'd actually be questioning their gameplay if that was the case.

I'm just saying it's hard to validate how hard a combo is just coz you don't see it; there's tons of combos that aren't displayed but it doesn't mean it's hard or easy either.  You just can't draw conclusions from that alone.  Once again, I'm not saying the Ash stun combo is simple.

Because I do know the combo and when he trying to go for it, I can see how many times its dropped, which is a lot more than you think. Even though we're the only two who play Ash, I believe I can make a more educated guess than you.

I was referring more to the point of not-in-videos=therefore-it's-probably-a-hard-combo point.

As for John dropping the Ash combo--I don't know the meat and potatoes but I know how it starts, and more importantly I know how it ends (stuns); that's not hard to see, and he's always going for it recently.  You do, however, know the combo better than us no doubt.

I reiterate, I'm not saying the combo is easy, I'm merely stating that whether it's in a video doesn't really mean anything.

I think a good estimate of the time I've watched John play, he gets that stun combo off about 30% of the time he attempts it. I'd gladly have him try that every time instead of his regular HD combo that works 90%+ of the time.

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 01, 2011, 12:40:59 AM »

Lol yeah that was me. GG's yesterday. Don't be afraid to ask me questions, i'll be happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 01, 2011, 04:44:49 AM »
Well, guys... it looks like due to personal stuff I have going on, I won't be able to make it out to AA before I move back up to NorCal this Thursday. I just wanted to say that you guys are all part of an amazing group of players, who are not only good at the game, but overall just a bunch of fun guys to hang out with. Though I didn't get to play or train as much as I would have liked to, I enjoyed each and every game.

Kane: The man who started it off. I remember meeting you at AI the first day I tried the game. You told me about DC and we played a few games. From there you introduced me to the rest of the guys and kept me informed about tournaments and just what was going on in general, so I really appreciate it. Taught me a lot about some of the little things about the game and we would often about things during downtime between matches. Tons of respect to you for being an honest and down to earth guy, Yuhang.

Mr. KOF: We actually played a few times at AI before anybody explained to me who you were. I remember just thinking, "Who is this guy beasting on everyone? And why does he play SSF4?!" I was under the impression that SF was your main series, because the nights I went initially, I would always see you owning it up with Juri and only occasionally toss up a token for XIII. I really admire that regardless of what people say or think of you, you play how you want to: WITH STYLE. If you end up retiring from KOF in the near future, I'm glad to have experienced some of your epic beatdowns.

Ash: I remember the first time we played at AI you came in at like 10pm or so, and I had been there since opening but no one had showed up all day. I was actually planning to leave, but since someone (you) finally showed up, I figured I might as well stay and make the most of it. I remember the matches being the most memorable we had even though it was pretty early on in my experience with XIII. I remember going on the boards the next day and saying I played some Asian dude who plays Iori, with Yuhang replying "it's probably Duc" or something like that lol. Thanks again for providing all the technical support lately. I know it goes on behind the scenes and a lot of people don't recognize it, but it really is appreciated. Lastly, I AM NOT BAD LUCK! LOL

Metaphysics: Good ol' honest Abe. Mexican/scientist with a French last name. Crazy. We had some good matches and good talks. Still surprised how well you adapted and performed during tourneys coming out of the SF scene and not having any experience with SNK games. I hope you stick with it, Big ups to the drive too. Your drives were a bit farther than any of the regulars, including mine, so respect to that and R.I.P. gas money lol.

Answer: I actually thought you always used to hella mug me when I would come to AI, but you turned out to be a pretty friendly guy lol. Thanks for working with Giby during events to get things done and pushing for the board after AI closed down. Otherwise we'd have to go to Vid94 (and you thought AA was ghetto lol). Also, gratitude and respect for hosting at your home. I know a lot of people don't feel comfortable about that so to know that you were willing to do that for all of us at a moments notice was pretty cool. Best of luck with your job and everything. You know how hard times can be.

Reynald: You're a pretty quiet dude, so we hardly ever talked, but you were always fun to play against. Don't break that Duo mechanic you and John got goin' on. Mad respect for protecting your girlfriend from Japan LOL

4leaf: Dude, I swear you were never around or you always had to go somewhere lol Was good getting some games in and i liked to watch when you played Leona since Yuhang stopped using her *cough*. Funny that the thing I remember from you the most was the conversation about Shen's far C to Kunio over dinner hahahaha

CaliMexicans: I will write about them as a whole since I didn't get to talk to them much, personally. The fact that they would show up, be as good as they were and as friendly as they were garners them respect from me. Whether it was showing up or leaving, they would always give a handshake or a nod even if they didn't feel comfortable speaking to me. Always fun to watch and play against. Special mention to Romance for playing those MvC3 matches at AI before they closed and shaking my hand lol GGs and for sticking with King even though no one else really bothered with her.

Random others: Thanks for the GGs. The SNK community is full of characters.

Just my way of saying thanks and acknowledging those of you who welcomed me into the SoCal scene, whether it was by words or matches or just being able to watch you play. You guys are all stand-up dudes and I hope to throw down again when I come to SoCal for visits. I'll still be on the boards, posting about things I obviously don't know anything about lol, so i won't be disappearing anytime soon. Until then, let me know if any of you are ever in NorCal and we'll hit up some good food joints!

P.S. If I'm forgetting anybody, my bad, just remind me lol
I was wondering when you gonna come down since I knew you had to leave soon. well it was a hell of a run man thanks for all the chats and matches, without you my KoF training would've been a whole lot less enjoyable good luck out there.
" you fight well in the old style"

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 01, 2011, 04:45:42 AM »
Btw, Alex's Arcade the A button isn't responding and C button responds 80% of the time on 2nd player side.

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 01, 2011, 05:06:46 AM »
Btw, Alex's Arcade the A button isn't responding and C button responds 80% of the time on 2nd player side.

lol i noticed that too.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #821 on: June 01, 2011, 06:00:10 AM »
Oscar got the machine from Mexico. Mexicans can play on anything!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 01, 2011, 04:31:16 PM »
Damn I just replaced the A button last week, I'll take a look this afternoon and place another order for more Mexican parts since I'm running out.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 01, 2011, 07:40:24 PM »
Might be possible the connectors are loose, you can check that before you start ordering.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 01, 2011, 09:38:51 PM »
I think a good estimate of the time I've watched John play, he gets that stun combo off about 30% of the time he attempts it. I'd gladly have him try that every time instead of his regular HD combo that works 90%+ of the time.

He must just get more nervous playing you or something coz he gets it off on me quite frequently (most of the time you're not there we he's doing it on me which would probably explain the discrepancy in our numbers).  Come to think of it, he just gets combos off of me all the time lol.

---

Lol yeah that was me. GG's yesterday. Don't be afraid to ask me questions, i'll be happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Yeah, most of us look scarier than we are; all of us are really friendly and glad to help.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:41:57 PM by Kane317 »