Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 280819 times)

ESB Cancel

• New Challenger
  • Blue Pineapple
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #825 on: June 02, 2011, 01:08:58 AM »
You're most likely referring to Reynald (l2slythe), Rj (4leaf)'s younger brother. I'm the Duo Lon, Chin and Shen user.

Oh wow, man do I feel embarrassed now. I'm sorry for mistaking everyone, my bad! I need to be more careful next time.

Lol yeah that was me. GG's yesterday. Don't be afraid to ask me questions, i'll be happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Yeah, most of us look scarier than we are; all of us are really friendly and glad to help.
Thanks for the welcome and help guys. I am very grateful. I'll be sure to ask Q's, if it's alright with everyone. And to l2slythe, ggs!  :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:38:17 AM by ESB Cancel »
PSN: ESB007

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 02, 2011, 07:12:03 PM »
I think a good estimate of the time I've watched John play, he gets that stun combo off about 30% of the time he attempts it. I'd gladly have him try that every time instead of his regular HD combo that works 90%+ of the time.

He must just get more nervous playing you or something coz he gets it off on me quite frequently (most of the time you're not there we he's doing it on me which would probably explain the discrepancy in our numbers).  Come to think of it, he just gets combos off of me all the time lol.

---

You're most likely referring to Reynald (l2slythe), Rj (4leaf)'s younger brother. I'm the Duo Lon, Chin and Shen user.

Oh wow, man do I feel embarrassed now. I'm sorry for mistaking everyone, my bad! I need to be more careful next time.

Lol yeah that was me. GG's yesterday. Don't be afraid to ask me questions, i'll be happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Yeah, most of us look scarier than we are; all of us are really friendly and glad to help.

Seeing him play yesterday he didn't get it off once completely.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 02, 2011, 07:37:17 PM »
He gets it on my 90% of the time =/
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 02, 2011, 08:30:32 PM »

Yeah he gets it off on my 80% of the time.  Duc, you're just special =)

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 02, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »
I always thought he dropped it for a reset, lol. Remember the mature infinite? You cheap bastards lol
" you fight well in the old style"

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 02, 2011, 11:57:13 PM »

Yeah he gets it off on my 80% of the time.  Duc, you're just special =)

Nah he doesn't get it off on a lot of other people, you're the special one =)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 03, 2011, 12:22:47 AM »

Yeah he gets it off on my 80% of the time.  Duc, you're just special =)

Nah he doesn't get it off on a lot of other people, you're the special one =)

Special "motorboat"?

Well then I guess it's Oscar and I that are special and he chokes when he plays you.  I could check with RJ (and I know Ricardo for sure gets hit by it a lot) to see if he gets hit by it.  A lot of times you're not around when we play.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 03, 2011, 12:36:42 AM »
He gets it on Ricardo and RJ as well, I guess he gets nervous with Duc because he is also an Ash user.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 03, 2011, 12:39:34 AM »
RJ said over 50% of the time.  Only you, Duc, make him quiver haha!

EDIT: Question, does John always go into HD to do the Stun?  I know in the Ash thread, I linked a combo (dunno if a variant but I think it is compared to John's one) that doesn't require you to go into HD, so just 2 stocks and 60% drive necessary to start it up.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:57:41 AM by Kane317 »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 03, 2011, 12:54:22 AM »
Nah yesterday there was ESB, Chinese Guy, Me and Oscar. He didn't get it off on anyone. I think you guys aren't able to count how many times he messes up exactly.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 03, 2011, 01:10:50 AM »
Nah yesterday there was ESB, Chinese Guy, Me and Oscar. He didn't get it off on anyone. I think you guys aren't able to count how many times he messes up exactly.

Hmm so I can't count now =(.  All joking aside, it doesn't really matter since if you get hit enough by it, it's still a stun combo at a low requirement (the one I saw was 60% drive, 2 stocks and doesn't require you to go into HD like I remember John needing to do), but of course, it's a challenging, but still practical, corner combo.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:21:26 AM by Kane317 »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 03, 2011, 01:20:45 AM »

Hmm so I can't count now =(.  All joking aside, it doesn't really matter since if you get hit enough by it, it's still a stun combo at a low requirement (the one I saw was 60% drive, 2 stocks and doesn't require you to go into HD like I remember John needing to do), but of course, it's a challenging corner combo.

Lower requirement in meter usage, high requirement in execution. As said before I'd still rather get hit by the stun combo 20-30% of the time than a 70-80% combo 90% of the time.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 03, 2011, 01:34:40 AM »
Lower requirement in meter usage, high requirement in execution. As said before I'd still rather get hit by the stun combo 20-30% of the time than a 70-80% combo 90% of the time.

I suppose it's preference, but I personally get hit by the 70-80% combo than the full stun one.  Even though according to you the Stun combo is less frequent, at least I have a survival chance if I get hit by the 70-80% combo for a comeback.

Just out of curiousity, what's the hardest part of the stun combo anyways (It's a genuine question and I'm not trying to be cocky)?  I know John does some dash b.D, HD, dash b.D which is a little bit tricky, but the new one doesn't require that. 

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 03, 2011, 01:49:00 AM »

I suppose it's preference, but I personally get hit by the 70-80% combo than the full stun one.  Even though according to you the Stun combo is less frequent, at least I have a survival chance if I get hit by the 70-80% combo for a comeback.

Just out of curiousity, what's the hardest part of the stun combo anyways (It's a genuine question and I'm not trying to be cocky)?  I know John does some dash b.D, HD, dash b.D which is a little bit tricky, but the new one doesn't require that. 

Well if you figure the combo is dropped 70-80% of the time, you can say the same thing about survival for a comeback, except with more health.

There are multiple parts of the combo that's difficult, which is why it's dropped so often. Largest barrier would be near the beginning there two parts which require near perfect timing.

After the EX b~f+BD, you have to do b~f+C with no gap, if there is then they will drop out of the next time you do b~f+C.

After the first b~f+C, you have to do b+D with no gap, if there is, the next move will whiff.

After the b+D, you have a do a perfect walking b~f+C. If you do it even a couple of frames late, they'll drop to the ground.

After that, you have to do a b+D with little to no gap, otherwise the next move (dashing ABCD) will whiff due to the opponent falling to the ground.

There are two other points in the combo which require you to do walking b~f+C

Other than this, learning to do most of the cancels for Ash takes about 3 weeks time, whereas most combos take a day or two max.

Another thing is that there are so many inputs (30+) during the whole combo, there is a higher chance to mess up at any point.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 03, 2011, 01:51:03 AM »

Hmm so I can't count now =(.  All joking aside, it doesn't really matter since if you get hit enough by it, it's still a stun combo at a low requirement (the one I saw was 60% drive, 2 stocks and doesn't require you to go into HD like I remember John needing to do), but of course, it's a challenging, but still practical, corner combo.

You can't Stun someone using an HD combo IRC. It's not that i'm nervous, it's just that most of the time i'm trying not to hit the opponent from the very start of  the round and get them near the corner just to try and create the combo opportunity. I should just go for a easier longer link setup than just having to focus on performing the 100 percent combo. So it's thursday guys....Reynald will be there along with I. Hope 2 see you guys out there!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF