Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 280780 times)

Clutch

• New Challenger
  • AKA "Naked_Snake" on SRK
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2010, 03:48:34 PM »
I'll be swinging by AI today after class, say around 3:00pm-ish, finally getting a chance to get a crack at the game; something that's been lover over due. If anyone's there around the same, I'll be the guy with the blue dickies shirt and black hat. Figured it'd be simple to point out if some of you will be there to point out some friendly advice to a leveling up scrub.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2010, 06:27:33 PM »
I'll be there today, I'm usually there on Mondays.  I'll be the guy with weird toe glove shoes. 

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2010, 08:13:14 PM »
I'll try to show up today, I feel like I can start using new characters now.

@Kane317: your glove shoes are Godlike!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2010, 10:12:48 PM »
I'll try to show up today, I feel like I can start using new characters now.

@Kane317: your glove shoes are Godlike!

I know what you mean...There are so many people I want to try out.  I'll be there around 7:15pm  till 9pm only, not there too long today.

Clutch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2010, 03:30:50 AM »
Was pretty fun and refreshing to being absolutely FREE to a new scene of competition. I'll be showing up there early this Friday to really lock in a good training session if I can get some time alone just for five minutes. Hella not easy trying to re-learn Vice after not playing this series at all since 2003.

Till then, Friday for sure, maybe a random stop at AI during the week.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2010, 08:54:30 AM »
Was pretty fun and refreshing to being absolutely FREE to a new scene of competition. I'll be showing up there early this Friday to really lock in a good training session if I can get some time alone just for five minutes. Hella not easy trying to re-learn Vice after not playing this series at all since 2003.

Aww, I guess I missed you by 20 mins, I know The Answer saw you.  Did you come with a group of people from Ventura?
If you happen to come let us know, and especially if it's a regular, we don't mind if you go into training mode, just let us know so we won't challenge etc.

EDIT: Steph, saw you and Brian there tonight but you guys never came by to play?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:45:43 AM by Kane317 »

WiCKED

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2010, 09:54:51 AM »
@Kane: I can't speak for Brian, but I totally had a renewed love for BlazBlue, so I sit back there to play/watch. I still play XIII, just not until way late into the night. Well, that and we're too busy playing XI, lol.

Clutch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2010, 04:17:25 PM »
I took off around a little bit before 5:30, which was a little earlier than I wanted, but I did roll in with one friend.  No where near Ventura, unfortunately, probably was a different / person group you confused me with?

It's not a problem that needs me to be in training mode for too long, just you know, familiarizing myself again with low A low B strings again, heh.  I plan on going to AI for sure Friday from opening time to about early evening. It's safe to say I got an itch for the game again, since the last time I was like this for KOF was about when 2003 was released.

It'll take some time, but I'll be playing this game almost exclusively at AI a few times a week.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2010, 04:44:41 PM »

GGs, glad you liked the game. I thought you were rolling with the guys from Ventura.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2010, 01:26:56 AM »
It's safe to say I got an itch for the game again, since the last time I was like this for KOF was about when 2003 was released.
It'll take some time, but I'll be playing this game almost exclusively at AI a few times a week.

Oh we KNOW that itch :)  You'll fit right in :)

Clutch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2010, 02:08:54 AM »
Oh we KNOW that itch :)  You'll fit right in :)

There's also another bonus, and that's that I played with a few of the guys holding down the fort with KOF XIII at AI, back when there was a group on snk-capcom.com doing the Garou / SNK casuals waaaaay back when. Granted I only showed my face a few times, but never the less.

And my plan is to head out to AI Friday to get there when it opens, so I can scratch the hell out of my itch. :]

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2010, 03:45:11 AM »
Oh we KNOW that itch :)  You'll fit right in :)

There's also another bonus, and that's that I played with a few of the guys holding down the fort with KOF XIII at AI, back when there was a group on snk-capcom.com doing the Garou / SNK casuals waaaaay back when. Granted I only showed my face a few times, but never the less.

And my plan is to head out to AI Friday to get there when it opens, so I can scratch the hell out of my itch. :]

That's probably Oscar (The Answer), it opens 1:00pm (but realistically 1:30pm) on Friday.  I'll try to make it out there.  About, not playing since 2003 (and this really goes out to Brian and Steph too), KOF is like riding a bike, you never quite forget it and once you get back into it, it all comes back.  

On another note, 4leaf occasionally screws up his timing coz he keeps playing XI and I keep asking him, what do you expect?  You spend so much time on XI, you can't expect to get good at XIII if you have one foot in yesterday-land ( I know XI can be fun, I'm just saying ).  I probably love XII as much as you guys like XI, but I know what's going to happen if I don't play the current one.  /rant off. =) (Only coz I care about the scene and I don't expect it to grow magically without everyone's help).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:08:04 AM by Kane317 »

Clutch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2010, 05:09:57 AM »
Oh, most definitely agreed with the bike comparison. There was one huge hurdle for me, and that was uh. Going from the 
 ;a  ;c
 ;b  ;d

format because I was playing Super SF4 for so long, you'd figure that'd be the better way to go with, right?  Apparently not, I was playing better when I switched to the classic Arc set up. Apparently my hand never forgot that set up for an SNK game, lawl.

I'm actually pretty excited for the game, just need to really commit to using the old Brutal Girl more, since I'm basically going 2 v 3 while learning the ropes. Looking forward to the play time on Friday.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 25, 2010, 06:31:08 AM »
Oh, most definitely agreed with the bike comparison. There was one huge hurdle for me, and that was uh. Going from the 
 ;a  ;c
 ;b  ;d

format because I was playing Super SF4 for so long, you'd figure that'd be the better way to go with, right?  Apparently not, I was playing better when I switched to the classic Arc set up. Apparently my hand never forgot that set up for an SNK game, lawl.

Man I only played capcom games before this , learning the SNK layout was a bitch for me lol,  so when they put the extra buttons in it was a godsend the learning curve went from godzilla size to something slightly smaller lol, I think I'm the I'm the only one that I have seen use It,

but anyhow I'll also be there when the door cracks open on friday see you there dude
" you fight well in the old style"

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2010, 08:29:59 AM »
yo i totally use the square. hahah i remember the first day i played, and i thought i'd try out the arc because i play blazblue, and was thinking "oh this should be the same thing" and i totally could not figure out which buttons were punches and which ones were kicks. hahah the main thing that sucks for me is that throws in capcom games are rolls in kof, so if you ever see me roll right next to you, it's probably because i was trying to throw you hahahahha
In it to win it!