Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 278041 times)

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #1005 on: July 01, 2011, 01:14:14 PM »
GG's at AA today! Nice to see Giby's turbo down b's with Takuma. Hope to see Nocturnal level up more once it hits console.tsk tsk for Oscar The Grouch who taunted me for dishing out my turtle soup  ;)  Good to see ABE always driving hecka far for kof 13. Abe was so tired his hand trembled at the end of the night =) Twas fun teaming up with ASH. Stun combos left and right baby baby! Hope to play with you all again sometime soon !  Too many names to list..gg's all! Until then ppl ....Level up and  D.G.H.!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:23:13 PM by Mr.KOF »

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #1006 on: July 01, 2011, 01:34:33 PM »
GGs to everyone I played at AA. I think the highlight of the matches was the Ash combos. I really need to practice more though. I had fun anyways. I'll see you all again soon. Also the pinball machine was really fun. I was getting hooked on it for a bit.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 12:23:26 AM by Nocturnal »
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #1007 on: July 01, 2011, 02:04:41 PM »
GGS everyone. Ash was playing keep away with the ground all night. My turbo cB can't be beat, even when I'm losing, its winning! I should study some Takuma stuff so I get an idea of how to use him. I saw better options being used by a few people than mine, but I'm very set in my ways, and I have to change that.

AA needs to fix that Pinball machine! Abe is bad luck and needs to learn the old ways of of the arcade.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 01, 2011, 08:39:06 PM »
Good games to everybody last night, too many names to mention. I had a lot of fun here are some highlights of the night:

1. Giby's Turbo button with Takuman.
2. Playing a good set of XvsSF with Noc
3. Duc carrying Johns weight on every match they teamed up lol...
4. John's turtle soup, it taste really bad, but it's good for your skills lol... good shit John!

P.S. Fuck you all for keeping me there till 1AM when I have to be at work by 7AM in the morning. LOL!!!....
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 01, 2011, 09:40:05 PM »
GGs to everyone, esp. Duc, Mr. KoF, The Answer and Metaphysics!!

i feel like i learned a ton of new stuff, and i'll be in training mode at least for a couple weeks

Mr. Kof, that stun combo is too crazy!! hahaha everytime i got hit by it, i was like, fuck i hope he drops it this time but it just kept on going! so demoralizing hahah
In it to win it!

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 03, 2011, 06:46:24 AM »
Anyone in the l.a. area looking for some kof xi comp? Bala and i are looking for a place to get some games in

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #1011 on: July 03, 2011, 07:46:34 AM »
I think The Judge plays XI (I could be wrong, but I know I was talking with someone at ReveLAtions that mentioned it quite a bit)

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 03, 2011, 11:08:55 AM »
Eff that game. Plus I have no means of practicing it anymore.
More so for the UM's and XIII.

Dark Geese

« Reply #1013 on: July 03, 2011, 04:40:16 PM »
Anyone in the l.a. area looking for some kof xi comp? Bala and i are looking for a place to get some games in

I'll let you guys know when I'm in town and we can certainly get some games in... ;)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 03, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »
Are you still coming to Anaheim DG?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

« Reply #1015 on: July 03, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »
Are you still coming to Anaheim DG?

Oh no not right now gotta push that back till next trip to Anaheim because off what's going on with Mexico vs. Peru. I'll let you guys know the next one that comes up because that will be the next time I'll be in town..

b.a.l.a.

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 04, 2011, 08:20:16 AM »
Ggs in xi men.....i hope we improve more...and memorize where is all the buttons lol..send me a message to repeat the matches session ^^

ESB Cancel

• New Challenger
  • Blue Pineapple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 04, 2011, 08:52:17 AM »
Hey everyone. I spent the entire weekend at Anime Expo. But more notibly the arcade room at the con. When I got there, I found a crowded KOF13 machine in the back with lots of people. (The cabinet looks like the big MVC2 that AA has, only with japanese buttons and sticks.)

I decided that I wanted to play people of different skills and see if I can still do ok as a begginer. I'm not trying to sound elitist or brag, but no one but 2 or 3 people knew how to play. Everyone else just chose to button mash so much that one of the buttons stopped responding on the player one side :(

But aside from that, this experience gave me the time needed to get "comfortable" and used to the game while playing the game at my own pace and test it against others that are equal to my level. (You guys were right, for beginners, playing people of equal skills does help alot.) I'm not saying that I got advanced, but just that I got used to the controls and the normal attacks of the characters I chose, probably some mechanics of the system too.

Sorry if this post is too long and/or doesn't mean much. I still have a long way to go, but I haven't given up wanting to have fun and get good with KOF13. Hope to play everyone at Alex's Arcade real soon! ;)
 ;e ;s ;b
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:03:04 AM by ESB Cancel »
PSN: ESB007

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 04, 2011, 09:42:17 AM »
Gg bala. It was fun playing xi again. Sorry i only had japanese arcade sticks. I should be ok in playing xi during the weekends.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 04, 2011, 10:03:45 AM »
I play KOF XI, just hit me up