Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 280751 times)

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #1065 on: July 26, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »
We'll find out at Evo

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 26, 2011, 05:31:49 PM »
so apparently "Xian" from singapore is in my pools for ssf4 along with gootecks. But what you may not know is that Xian had placed top 4 in KOF 13 during last years SBO! He even placed top 8 in a recent SSf4 tourney in Australia. Hopefully him and I make it out of our brackets with ease without running into each other  :)

I should surprise him by not letting him know that a fellow KOF'er is in his pool. Will this be my undoing??

http://youtu.be/il2R0qWXyEQ Possible Yun Vs Ken matchup.

That is some pretty good research John, good shit. Of course I rememberwho Xian is, I uploaded the SBO finals to my Youtube account last year and almost got my account shut down because of it lol.I had no idea he was coming, so I guess we can say that the top KOF 13 player from Singapore and 4th place SBO finalist is going to be at EVO.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 26, 2011, 06:35:20 PM »
so apparently "Xian" from singapore is in my pools for ssf4 along with gootecks. But what you may not know is that Xian had placed top 4 in KOF 13 during last years SBO! He even placed top 8 in a recent SSf4 tourney in Australia. Hopefully him and I make it out of our brackets with ease without running into each other  :)

I should surprise him by not letting him know that a fellow KOF'er is in his pool. Will this be my undoing??

That is some pretty good research John, good shit. Of course I rememberwho Xian is, I uploaded the SBO finals to my Youtube account last year and almost got my account shut down because of it lol.I had no idea he was coming, so I guess we can say that the top KOF 13 player from Singapore and 4th place SBO finalist is going to be at EVO.

Was he the Mai player?

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 26, 2011, 06:37:07 PM »
so apparently "Xian" from singapore is in my pools for ssf4 along with gootecks. But what you may not know is that Xian had placed top 4 in KOF 13 during last years SBO! He even placed top 8 in a recent SSf4 tourney in Australia. Hopefully him and I make it out of our brackets with ease without running into each other  :)

Was he the Mai player?

No.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #1069 on: July 26, 2011, 07:05:06 PM »

Was he the Mai player?

Liz/K/Tak player

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 26, 2011, 09:25:43 PM »
I hope someone record your set against Gootecks

so I can shut all the Gootecks Fanboys

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 26, 2011, 09:28:08 PM »
I hope someone record your set against Gootecks

so I can shut all the Gootecks Fanboys

I heard he manhandled Valle the other time, and I saw the time before.  If I remember correctly, Valle still does better than Gootecks so I don't see why he wouldn't be him (no disrespect to Valle).

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 26, 2011, 09:52:02 PM »
Is there a link to check all the pools? Also John what are you entering as? Mr. KOF or nah?

Also how does pools work in the fighting game community?

I'm used to the 6 Man round robin pool with top 2 making it out then we go to bracket.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 26, 2011, 09:52:45 PM »
so apparently "Xian" from singapore is in my pools for ssf4 along with gootecks. But what you may not know is that Xian had placed top 4 in KOF 13 during last years SBO! He even placed top 8 in a recent SSf4 tourney in Australia. Hopefully him and I make it out of our brackets with ease without running into each other  :)

I don't think you have to worry about gooteks. As for Xian just treat it like AI, beating chinese since 2000 hahah.

Btw, Kunio should be arriving today around 7pm. Maybe we can get some games in with him tonight or at least tomorrow.

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 27, 2011, 03:16:59 AM »
I'll stop by if he shows up.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: July 27, 2011, 04:49:36 AM »
hey Oscar

What's your Youtube account?

Also is 4leaf RJ?

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: July 27, 2011, 05:04:15 AM »
No. RJ is 4leaf.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: July 27, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
Gootecks is not Free for me. I'd hope he'd think the same of me. Alex Valle is still better than me and gets alot of props from everyone including me. One old school player to another older school player  ;)

EVo......Lets make this memorable.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: July 27, 2011, 10:54:04 AM »
http://www.twitch.tv/crosscountertv, xian and gootecks are or were playing
" you fight well in the old style"

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: July 27, 2011, 12:39:50 PM »
http://www.twitch.tv/crosscountertv, xian and gootecks are or were playing

there was no video..... :(

GG's at AA even though it was a short night.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF