Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 278016 times)

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #1095 on: July 28, 2011, 11:50:03 PM »
OSCAR STOP UPLOADING THE HD COMBOS OF SAIKI AND A BUNCH OF NEW STUFF OF THE CONSOLE VER OF KOF XIII

I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF =[

Gotta kick you when I see you  >=[

Gamerboy15

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 05, 2011, 06:07:57 AM »
OSCAR STOP UPLOADING THE HD COMBOS OF SAIKI AND A BUNCH OF NEW STUFF OF THE CONSOLE VER OF KOF XIII

I CAN'T CONTAIN MYSELF =[

Gotta kick you when I see you  >=[

lol Keep it coming!

champtang

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 08, 2011, 12:21:46 AM »
Hi!

My name is Champ and I'm a member of the CSULB club and also part of 2 Good Gaming

http://www.facebookc.om/2ggaming

we host biweekly tournaments at CSULB Long Beach, CA on saturday on various games and so far it's great! The social gathering and competition is fun ad exciting.

I was told by DJMirror (friend of mine since 06?) that many of the KOF players lives around Long Beach and that it would be a good spot to host events. So, I say why not?

I am here to ask you guys what you want and I will make the event accommodate your needs. I love the fighting community and I just want to provide help.

For now, my plan for KOF is to have in on the PS3 with at least 3 set ups with the ASUS monitor. We can also host it at 1:30pm or 3:30pm.

You guys can decide on the entry fee, ranbat, anything. I'm all ears and will take any feedback from you guys.

There are also a lot of CSULB students who are hype about the game and it will be great for you guys to show them the ropes and add new players too.

So yeah, feel free to let me know how you guys feel. I want to make this happen because I'm also hype about KOF myself haha

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 08, 2011, 12:39:44 AM »
What day do you guys usually hold your events?
" you fight well in the old style"

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 08, 2011, 06:19:46 PM »
Champ usually host it on a Saturday and the tournament have MK9, MVC3, SSF4AE, Melee and Brawl. Plus it's a biweekly as well with free parking at CSULB (you have to grab the free parking pass from Champ and put it in your car)

chasiubao

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 08, 2011, 11:55:34 PM »
not sure if any if you guys heard of super arcade but its is under new management. mike watson an old school sf2 player works there now and hes doing a very good job and hearing everyone out. he is taking any request to help this arcade grow and i would like to see some kof up on this place haha.  after ai closed i dont really know where to go for the local KOF scene anymore.  But Super Arcade is taking in request and wants to hear the community on what games they want for the arcade.  So if any locals around the walnut city area wants an kof xiii cab or other games u missed at ai.  im sure they would love to hear what you guys gotta say on that.  
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:57:51 PM by chasiubao »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 09, 2011, 12:03:53 AM »
not sure if any if you guys heard of super arcade but its is under new management. mike watson an old school sf2 player works there now and hes doing a very good job and hearing everyone out. he is taking any request to help this arcade grow and i would like to see some kof up on this place haha.  after ai closed i dont really know where to go for the local KOF scene anymore.  But Super Arcade is taking in request and wants to hear the community on what games they want for the arcade.  So if any locals around the walnut city area wants an kof xiii cab or other games u missed at ai.  im sure they would love to hear what you guys gotta say on that. 

Good looking out ChaSuiBao.  We OC folks has Alex's Arcade in Santa Ana but I'm sure Super Arcade will fill the void for those that lived closed to AI.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 09, 2011, 12:09:13 AM »
I don't think he would invest in a 13 cab, for the simple reason that is's a bad move considering it's gonna be super obsolete when console 13 comes out. However if they did have the console version there I would make trips out there from time to time since it's closer to me. But my homebase will always be the OC unfortunately lol unless everybody there moves
" you fight well in the old style"

chasiubao

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 09, 2011, 04:16:52 AM »
well if there is enough request if the community step up im sure he'll get the kof xiii cab.  The owner of Super Arcade is basically the owner of Jap Arcade and FFA.  Old man Ralph just wants to see the place grow so im sure he'll be happy to please the locals around even if console version is just around the corner.   Ralph seems like the type of guy who just wants to please the arcade scene.  plus they do have console set ups with sticks but im sure if u guys also request for console version once its out im sure watson will help you guys out if enough ppl request it.  Watson is a great guy his plan for Super what he is going to do is gonna be great.  He wants to start hosting Ranbats or tournys for all the SF games.  He will even escrow for you guys if you guys decide to money match like how ppl do it in marvel 2 LOL.  A lot of famous or actual really good socal SF players have been attending to see super arcade within the past first week and they had a blast with watson.  So right now only request has been going on with the Capcom fighter fans and they are getting what they want.  

Hopefully the KOF scene and various of other fighters like the blazblue players guilty gear and etc come out and actually let watson hear their voices.  because not just that he wants just an really nice beautiful arcade scene in the future.  its also gonna be a dojo for the serious players to come out and train.  Super Arcade does not look that good yet but its having a good start and a lot of games, buttons, sticks and etc are ordered and about to replace the whole arcade since everything was beat up there.  they even got alien vs predator holy shit when is the last time i saw that game in a freagin cabinet LOL.  

Well just putting it out there i miss you guys no lie when AI closed.  But this Super Arcade would like to grow and it could use anyones help or atleast tell them what would you like to see at this arcade.  :)

So whats gonna happen anyways once console version is out.  is the arcade gonna get the updates on the tweaks atleast?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 04:19:04 AM by chasiubao »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 09, 2011, 04:27:47 AM »
So whats gonna happen anyways once console version is out.  is the arcade gonna get the updates on the tweaks atleast?

I've heard conflicting reports, some of them say flat-out that there will not be any updates to the arcade and then No.17 reports that it's possible.  For now, take it as a no.

chasiubao

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 09, 2011, 04:40:20 AM »
aww  :(.  i guess the arcades gonna use console set ups to play this game for the kof fans.

Gamerboy15

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 09, 2011, 04:05:10 PM »
True, not only just the console is gonna play just like the arcade, but there is gonna be changes in the console version once it hits in stores.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 13, 2011, 01:14:40 AM »
hey does anyone know the best nights to go to japan arcade for kof13?
In it to win it!

champtang

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 13, 2011, 09:28:24 AM »
Hmm, I guess I'll wait till it's near release date and ask again.

For sure though, I'm going to have a raffle at one of our event to win a free copy of Kof13.

Will keep you guys updated on that!

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 14, 2011, 12:53:31 AM »
hey champ, it's been forever since i've been down to long beach for your tournaments, but i'll definitely be supporting when kof13 hits console! you guys throw one hell of a tournament!
In it to win it!