Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 278109 times)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2010, 08:42:54 PM »
okay I might stop by
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2010, 09:14:02 PM »
okay I might stop by

Like I said, depending on how much work I get done I might swing by.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2010, 10:28:53 PM »
Have that tourney set up soon. I'll run with Shen and random x2. May luck be with me and land Vice and Joe throughout the tourney haha.

It's OFFICIAL! KOF 13 tournament this OCTOBER 17th!

Time is at 2 pm

* To encourage other players...just letting you know Reynald and I will not be using  RAIDEN!

1.Mr.KOF

You guys are too cruel, you know I'll be in Taiwan 7-20th =(

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2010, 11:37:52 PM »
How about we move the tourney to the 23rd instead?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2010, 11:57:19 PM »
How about we move the tourney to the 23rd instead?

That works for me, more time to train. Maybe Ash will bring some Taiwan strats back for us to learn.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 24, 2010, 01:10:21 AM »
the 23rd seams for ever, I propose an unofficial tournament in 2 weeks friday night and I will take my computer and hosted if needed. Since we have TEAM EDIT MODE available there's really no need to get access to the EVENT MODE.

Yes? NO? Maybe? Rant!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Dark Geese

« Reply #171 on: September 24, 2010, 01:40:08 AM »
I'll call it Revenge of Northern Mexico just to spice things up lol, obviously if they dont get their revenge it's on them lol.

Well everyone Kane9999, Ivan, and Fory right now have their visas and are confirmed for this monster SoCal tournament, there are a lot of things going in right now that we need to confirm the date right now because there are a lot of tournaments, basically right now we have the option of the beginning of February (6-7) because of the fact that:

1. Some have to work the beginning of December
2. SoCal Regionals
3. Mexicans going to Torreon for KOF tournament week of the 17th
4. Obviously Christmas weekend isn't an option
5. So maybe the first weekend of the New Year or something..a perfect New Years tournament..
6. West Coast Warzone 3 in January
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 02:10:30 AM by Dark Geese »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 24, 2010, 10:43:38 AM »
Good games tonight. Real healthy turnout, I think it was nine players total.

We should get some recordings in as I feel that everyone improved while I was gone for a week. Reynald picking up Vice and Shen is scary IMO. After playing two more new mature players (Romance and John) I miss Raiden lol.

I revised my hate-to-play against list in no particular order: K', Kula, Liz and Mature (Kyo fell off).

This upcoming tourney which I think we agreed to move to the week after the 17th (23rd ish) but we have yet to decide which weekend day it is-- is going to get real interesting.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 24, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »
Good games tonight. Real healthy turnout, I think it was nine players total.

We should get some recordings in as I feel that everyone improved while I was gone for a week. Reynald picking up Vice and Shen is scary IMO. After playing two more new mature players (Romance and John) I miss Raiden lol.

I revised my hate-to-play against list in no particular order: K', Kula, Liz and Mature (Kyo fell off).

This upcoming tourney which I think we agreed to move to the week after the 17th (23rd ish) but we have yet to decide which weekend day it is-- is going to get real interesting.

GG's 2 all! Mature is pretty gay..but her infinite takes "some" kind of skill.
I miss playing Andy!
I do not miss RAIDENS drop kicks!..what i do miss is Oscars reaction when i hover over raiden on the select your character screen! hahahhahaha

Can't wait for the upcoming tournament to prove Terry as a viable character.

I'm also glad everyone is improving and trying out new HD combos! LEVELING up is important. In case i do not make it to the upcoming tournament...it's either blame work or putting in work. By default, Reynald may win with cheap ass yuri if he can survive the k's and kulas =)

Reynald knows i have the kryptonite to stop him....what he doesn't know is..i just beat him with just a rock in my pocket! YEE YEE!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2010, 04:40:21 PM »
Yeah man ggs last night to everybody, I really need to level up, the gap is too big right now so I'll be there again today trying to slowly close in, I don't when though cuz I might take random nap lol (sorry Kane)
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2010, 09:24:33 PM »
Rant on:

GG's 2 all! Mature is pretty gay..but her infinite takes "some" kind of skill.

Going off the top of my head, I think it is definitely one of the easier ones, and takes very minimal amount of skill--for a KOF infinite. Any skill that is needed is negated by the fact that you can set it up with any of her three non-projectile specials (qcb+P, qcb+K, dp+P), hehe I'm bitter that I got hit by the full infinite+stun last night when I took Mature done to a 5% health and was up by 70% and then BAM!  Hah.

Angel's one was harder, Vanessa's one was harder, the Kim air step thing was harder, Joe's new infinite is harder, the '97 Yamazaki one was harder (way harder), Extra mode Kyo was harder, the Kyo '95 qcf+K one was easier but once again, Mature has more setups for it (and I'm not including the Ex versions of her specials which of course has invincibility and super good recovery--heck, Arcadia dedicated an entire section to teach how to counter Mature's Ex DP+P against every character lol).  I'm not counting any 100% combos coz they are too many.

I just remembered Oscar uses Mature as well *facepalm* (*runs off and prays for the Raidens to return*)--at least RJ has the decency and dropped Mature, speaking of which.  Props to RJ going 2 random+Shen last night and pulling off wins.  Respect, now go get some pineapple juice...hahahahahah

Hehe.

Rant off.

Abe, I feel ya man, I played so shitty last night it's not funny.  My new testing team (Mai, Hwa Jai, Clark) did better than any of my Chin+Shen last night lol.  We gotta level up!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:35:19 PM by Kane317 »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 24, 2010, 09:35:14 PM »
Respect, now go get some pineapple juice...hahahahahah

Good for your breath!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 07:32:15 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator