Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 277896 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #195 on: September 30, 2010, 04:26:07 PM »
Going to try to get some filming done today.  See you guys there.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 30, 2010, 05:01:07 PM »
I'll probably be there at around 2 2:30 after take nap from work lol
" you fight well in the old style"

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 30, 2010, 05:34:32 PM »
OT: I'm working on a series of front page articles about how to prepare for KoFXIII since most of us have no access to it. I know the basics about the system but need character specific knowledge. Please PM any thoughts you have on the characters you play. I'm looking for stuff like which older KoF version of the character plays most closely to the XIII iteration, specific tips, etc. Any information you'd care to share will be valuable.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 02, 2010, 10:31:53 PM »
GGs to those i played last night, even though i got stomped on for the latter half. though there was an asian guy who was giving me a mad face every match we played. i think i'm going to retire my scrubby goro. i'm only useful with him against people who are terrible with footsies (how people almost got OCV'd by me basically doing s.D, i can't understand). i'm gonna try to stick with learning vice. i think shes a fun character. a lot different than her previous incarnations (i wish she had her qcb+K). after watching some good players last night, i feel like picking up king. i'm honestly surprised though that i don't see a lot of duolon. it was mostly k', andy, robert yesterday.

chasiubao

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2010, 04:15:35 AM »
lol i hope you arent talking about me.  i wasnt making mad faces if anything happened.  i was playing terry, k' and kyo.  i think u should stick to goro you got some nice poking games.  i got frustrated and couldnt keep you locked down haha.  also gave me a tough time getting in.  GG's tho and GG to the people i played this afternoon.  too beast i need to learn some match ups.  so i know what to do and not to do against certain characters.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 03, 2010, 07:00:19 AM »
nah it wasn't you. it was the guy who played iori and k' everytime. when he finally won, i said GG and he gave me an angry face lol you missed the really good players though. they showed up once you left to my SF. i got beat pretty hard by takuma. i dont know how to punish that match up.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 03, 2010, 07:05:17 AM »
Since we are always talking about funny videos when we are eating I thought I should post this here so we are all in the same page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CM5CKtKY-I&feature=youtube_gdata

@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

chasiubao

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 03, 2010, 07:05:59 AM »
oh that iori shen and k' player.  yeah he looked at me all angry too i was like wtf.  he also presses the buttons to hard and shake the machine some what.  im like dude what they machine have ever done to you poor buttons lol.  all that little shaking and other stuff is im also like dude im trying to play the game also and i can sometimes feel the cab shake/jump while hes executing his shit lol.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2010, 07:24:18 AM »
Since we are always talking about funny videos when we are eating I thought I should post this here so we are all in the same page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CM5CKtKY-I&feature=youtube_gdata

backing up while counting to 2000... twice? that's some godly spacing.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2010, 07:25:29 AM »
oh that iori shen and k' player.  yeah he looked at me all angry too i was like wtf.  he also presses the buttons to hard and shake the machine some what.  im like dude what they machine have ever done to you poor buttons lol.  all that little shaking and other stuff is im also like dude im trying to play the game also and i can sometimes feel the cab shake/jump while hes executing his shit lol.

i thought i was the only one who noticed how hard he was smashing on those buttons

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2010, 10:39:03 PM »
Oh man I'm at ai I had no idea there was gonna be a tourney for sf4 2day, its gonna be packed lol

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2010, 10:21:25 AM »
ggs to everybody I played at A.I. yesterday it was a really big eye opener for me, I've never played so many varying levels of competition and styles at A.I.

. I t was fun playing all the sf4 dudes too, I got a chance to play combofiend with Alex valle watching on the side, which I almost blew lol, but there seems to be a lot of interest in the game, I kept hearing, " I can'twait  to get this shit on xbox" or "WTF was that!!!? that shit was sick".  Overall good stuff

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2010, 11:26:50 AM »
ggs to everybody I played at A.I. yesterday it was a really big eye opener for me, I've never played so many varying levels of competition and styles at A.I.

. I t was fun playing all the sf4 dudes too, I got a chance to play combofiend with Alex valle watching on the side, which I almost blew lol, but there seems to be a lot of interest in the game, I kept hearing, " I can'twait  to get this shit on xbox" or "WTF was that!!!? that shit was sick".  Overall good stuff

Damn, good representing!  Who else was there?  BTW, finally uploading some vids from last Thursday.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2010, 08:58:37 PM »

Good shit man!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 05, 2010, 09:08:20 AM »

Good shit man!

As always, GGs today guys.  Good seeing Fatacon playing more often (didn't know you were on crutches), Abe's getting better still and of course Oscar and the HP group is always deadly.  This tourney is going to be real cut-throat.