Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 277992 times)

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2010, 08:19:42 AM »
thats a good idea especially since it gives those who have been using the bugs time to adjust thier strats, and extra time is always great for me tho lol
" you fight well in the old style"

JeremyH

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 09, 2010, 08:41:22 AM »
If you guys postpone/set one for november I may be able to make it, I'll keep an eye on the thread just in case

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 09, 2010, 12:21:25 PM »
If you guys postpone/set one for november I may be able to make it, I'll keep an eye on the thread just in case

When are you planning the trip?

JeremyH

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2010, 06:15:35 AM »
well the guy I'm planning on going with is actually at AI tonight playing.  So far he's telling me he likes it (The reason I'm plannin on going with him is he can get us free housing out there, lol).  For right now all I can say is some time in November, probably a fri/sat trip.  If you guys see/meet him his name's tristan and he's a loud black dude who will say everything is hot, haha

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2010, 11:46:23 PM »
gonna stop by for a few hours this afternoon

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2010, 02:52:36 AM »
Word has it the owner is going to have the update this Thursday.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2010, 04:13:05 AM »
most innnteresting! lol

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2010, 04:42:48 AM »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:45:30 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2010, 09:44:47 AM »
By request, I am setting up a survey to see what value we should assign each character as our perspective may differ from Japan's list (I wanted to setup a poll but it would only allow me to ask one question so we have to do it the old fashion way).

Per our conversation, ONLY the people that are participating should vote (which is the only way it makes sense).  I'll tally up all the values and if there's discrepancy for any character, the majority vote will win.  Here are the list of players that have voice that they want to be included and the rest need to get back to me ASAP:  Reynald, Kane317, Metaphysics, Chris G, Yoshi, Romance, Duc, The Answer

EDIT3: Revised list for usage.
Here is my list (with 5 total points)

5 K', Raiden
4 Kyo, Elisabeth, Kula, Andy, Iori, Robert
3 Shen, Takuma, Yuri  
2 Kim, Benimaru
1 Mai, Leona, Terry, Chin, Mature
0 Joe, Athena, Ralf, Ryo, Maxima, Hwa, Duolon, Clark, Vice, Kensou, Ash, Goro, King

Quick explanations: Reworked under mainly usage (objective) then any other reason like tier (subjective.)  Raiden was really the only one that was higher than his "usage" due to obvious reasons.  In terms of usage, I factored in how many players used it him or her mainly, BUT I also factored in how long they have used them (e.g Mai, a couple of us dab into her occasionally, but none of us her as our main except maybe Duc does, hence she's at 1) otherwise I've dabbed around with Goro, Hwa, Ash, Clark, Maxima a lot too and surely they can't be higher than 0.

Lastly, I re-looked over my list to factor teams in their permutations (5+0+0), (4+1+0, 4+0+0 and so forth), (3+2+1, 3+2+0, 3+0+0) etc... to make sure that, at least to me, they were still a solid team.

---
I really struggled with that list, I was going to just make it 4 divisions and change to total points but I think it'll just confuse everyone.  I chose 6 points 7 points as total since the 0pt section was so small and it wouldn't be fair for the K' and Raiden users.  For the record, my team is either going to be 6pts but most likely 5pts (so you can't say I'm being bias here).  Honestly, this system needs to revised a lot more but we're under time constraints.  I am open to any opinions.

EDIT: The more I think about it, that's the problem with moving everyone up, the total needs to be higher.  I might even change my vote to 8pts to make it interesting.

EDIT2: Hmm, something still feels off about it, the 0 category to should be much bigger and the total points can then be dropped.  I'll sleep on it first.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:59:09 PM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »
Wait why is Kensou 1 point when I'm the only one in this country that uses him? I thought this was based on character usage. He should be 0, that goes for Vice as well only Reynald uses her in the whole country. Hwa is another one, May should be 2 since there's atleast 3 people that use her. Maxima dropped to 1 no one uses him at all. Kim 3 since we have like 4 Kim users, Ash one only Duc uses him and RJ occasionally.

Well here is my list and I'm basing it on character usage, which I think that's the way is suppposed to be right? and I think 6 points sounds more reasonable.

5 K', Raiden
4 Kyo, Elisabeth, Kula, Andy, Iori
3 Shen, Takuma, Yuri, Robert,Kim
2 Chin, Benimaru, Terry,Mature,Mai,
1 Duolon, Goro, Clark,King, Ash,Leona
0 Joe, Athena, Ralf, Ryo,Vice, Kensou,Maxima,Hwa,
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2010, 07:05:43 PM »
Wait why is Kensou 1 point when I'm the only one in this country that uses him? I thought this was based on character usage. He should be 0, that goes for Vice as well only Reynald uses her in the whole country. Hwa is another one, May should be 2 since there's atleast 3 people that use her. Maxima dropped to 1 no one uses him at all. Kim 3 since we have like 4 Kim users, Ash one only Duc uses him and RJ occasionally.

Well here is my list and I'm basing it on character usage, which I think that's the way is suppposed to be right? and I think 6 points sounds more reasonable.

5 K', Raiden
4 Kyo, Elisabeth, Kula, Andy, Iori
3 Shen, Takuma, Yuri, Robert,Kim
2 Chin, Benimaru, Terry,Mature,Mai,
1 Duolon, Goro, Clark,King, Ash,Leona
0 Joe, Athena, Ralf, Ryo,Vice, Kensou,Maxima,Hwa,

You know, halfway through making my chart I realized that when discussing the characters on the phone with the guys that we basing more on skillset, than on usage. I apologize, I'm going to have to rethink this again based on usage. So The Answer, I take it you're down to join us in this madness?

I'll revise my list when I get home. With that logic, Chin should be 1pt coz the only person who uses him is Reynald (and very recently too)-- not that it affects my team but...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 06:53:51 AM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2010, 07:21:57 PM »
I'm down for anything (no homo)
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2010, 08:13:55 PM »
I'm down for anything (no homo)

I'll add you to the list. Btw, I'm going today and most likely the last time before the tournament. EDIT: Revised my list.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:41:04 PM by Kane317 »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »
Cool so my original teams gonna work. Terry, kyo, and ryo,
" you fight well in the old style"

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2010, 08:57:11 AM »
GG today both Fatacon and metaphysics.  If I played a little "desperate" today please forgive me as I'm conditioning myself for the tourney (I hope I'm not usually that annoying).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:04:34 AM by Kane317 »