Poll

How many points total should each team consist?

6 (27.3%)
11 (50%)
2 (9.1%)
2 (9.1%)
other (please write below)
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: SoCal KoF  (Read 278185 times)

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: SoCal KoF
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2010, 09:18:34 AM »
me annoyed? never  ggs, by the way Can you feel the excitement!? man I wish I could call all week off lol
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:26:53 AM by metaphysics »
" you fight well in the old style"

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »
lol good games to both of you guys, as well as everyone who showed up. after you guys left, we had about 8 players (some really good ones, though i didn't catch their names). i'm really surprised that out of my mains, vice did so well. people are really scared of the decide/splash oki. not sure if i'll actually make it out to the tournament (not that i'd do well after seeing my competition), but i'll try to make it out for a little bit. even when losing, i've been having lots of fun meeting new players and learning as i go along.

also, whoever it was that was using ash/kim/kula, please don't rip the stick out of the cab.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:03:01 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 16, 2010, 10:02:14 AM »
me annoyed? never  ggs, by the way Can you feel the excitement!? man I wish I could call all week off lol

Lol, I was getting annoyed at how I was playing lol.  

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »
alright i got my list!!jaja

5raiden,k
4andy,kyo,robert,terry,kula,yuri,benimaru,elisabeth,shen,takuma
3kim,king,vice,iori,joe
2kensou,ralf,leona,mature,maxmia,chin
1ash,goro,ryo,athena,clark,hwa
(NOTICE THAT THERE ARE NO CHARACTERS RANKED AT "0")

my list is based on two things,character usage and character advantages.if you guys notice,the #4 section caries the strongest characters and i also think that these are the most commonly used characters at AI.so if its a 6 point tourney and if someone uses a 4 point character,then they'll be forced to pick 2 characters from #2 and below.so i strongly suggest for this tourney to be a 6 POINT TOURNEY.this way you will only be allowed to use one strong character.choosing a #5 character is suicide jajaja.

if you guys take some time to analyze what are the possible teams,then you'll find out that its pretty evened out.i think that this makes it more fair for everyone because no one will have the advantage of picking 2 or more strong characters. 

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 16, 2010, 12:01:26 PM »

5raiden,k
3kim,king,vice,iori,joe

my list is based on two things,character usage and character advantages.if you guys notice,the #4 section caries the strongest characters and i also think that these are the most commonly used characters at AI.so if its a 6 point tourney and if someone uses a 4 point character,then they'll be forced to pick 2 characters from #2 and below.so i strongly suggest for this tourney to be a 6 POINT TOURNEY.this way you will only be allowed to use one strong character.choosing a #5 character is suicide jajaja.

if you guys take some time to analyze what are the possible teams,then you'll find out that its pretty evened out.i think that this makes it more fair for everyone because no one will have the advantage of picking 2 or more strong characters. 
well actually now that i think about it,hwa jai should be on the "0" section because if someone wants to pick a 5 point character,then they need to pick a #1 character and hwa jai. jajajajaja how cool is that.its actually a very dumb idea but in way its interesting.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 16, 2010, 02:54:14 PM »
If we ranked by usage, Raiden would be lower than K' by a lot.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2010, 08:40:04 PM »
If we ranked by usage, Raiden would be lower than K' by a lot.

Yeah read my explanation, Raiden was the only exception due to obvious reasons.  Having said that, if agrees to move him lower then I'm down too.  How's Taiwan btw?

5raiden,k
3kim,king,vice,iori,joe

Your list forces a K' or Raiden user to have to pick Hwa with no other option--at least give them 2-3 picks.  Also, Iori should be a 4 then.  If we decided with your list you should make the total 7 or make the top group start at 4pts and the last group 0 and the total coould be 4 or 5pts.  You're also missing Mai.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:09:15 AM by Kane317 »

TornAparT

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2010, 08:44:18 PM »
FFA now has KoF XI.  It's on an american cab with Capcom button layout.  Its only 25cents as well.  I feel like if XI does well they will get XIII.

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 18, 2010, 01:40:15 AM »
*-K'
4-Kula,Raiden,Andy,Elizabeth
3-Iori,Shen,Robert,Kyo
2-Yuri,Benimaru,Takuma,
1-Ash,Terry,Kim,Leona,Chin,King
0-Maxima,Goro,Joe,Duo,Clark,Athena,Mature,Ryo,Kensou,Ralf,Hwa,Vice,Mai

I believe this to be a fair Ratio for everyone at AI.

I'll edit this later with a side note on the character placement.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 06:07:11 PM by l2slythe »
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2010, 07:07:25 AM »
*-K'
4-Kula,Raiden,Andy,Elizabeth
3-Iori,Shen,Robert,Kyo
2-Yuri,Benimaru,Takuma,
1-Ash,Terry,Kim,Leona,Chin,King
0-Maxima,Goro,Joe,Duo,Clark,Athena,Mature,Ryo,Kensou,Ralf,Hwa,Vice

I believe this to be a fair Ratio for everyone at AI.

I'll edit this later with a side note on the character placement.

Missing Mai again.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »

Well, here is my list and I'm basing it on character usage.  I think 5 is okay, but 6 points sounds more reasonable.

5 K',
4 Elisabeth, Kula, Andy, Iori ,Raiden
3 Shen, Yuri, Robert,
2 Chin, Terry,Kyo, Takuma,Vice,Kim
1 Duolon,King, Ash,Leona,Mature,Kensou,Benimaru
0 Joe, Athena, Ralf, Ryo, ,Maxima,Hwa, Mai,Goro,Clark

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2010, 04:09:35 PM »
So many lists. You guys have one y'all can agree on by tourney time? Hope the ppl who are doing this are prepared because if not, we'll see a lot of scrubby gameplay and or one sided matches.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2010, 04:52:35 PM »
ok this is the list that yuhang and I worked out and I'll try to explain why?

5 K' (top tier character), Raiden (GOD tier character with DK)
4 Kyo (quite the few people can use him and he is a top tier character), Elizabeth(only I use her but you guys are gay and I know that she's a little stong :)), Kula (quite a few people use her), Andy,Robert ( too many people use both of this characters because they are soooooo basic)
3 Shen(again quite a few people use him), Takuma(I think he should be a 2), Yuri (enough people use her to be a 3 but thats it),Iori (same as Yuri)
2 Kim( I think he should be a 3 we have atleast 3 people who main him), Benimaru (only John and Rey use him so that's cool)
1 Mai (she should be a 5 just because Duc mains her now <3), Leona, Terry, Chin, Mature all this characters are seldomly use.
0 Joe, Athena, Ralf, Ryo, Maxima, Hwa, Duolon, Clark, Vice, Kensou, Ash, Goro, King (there's 0-1 person who use this characters on a regular basis so it's only fair)
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2010, 05:14:13 PM »
I really want to see someone tear it up with a 0 point team.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2010, 08:51:44 PM »
So many lists. You guys have one y'all can agree on by tourney time? Hope the ppl who are doing this are prepared because if not, we'll see a lot of scrubby gameplay and or one sided matches.

Last week, I proposed that everyone post their list THAT night.  That was 4 days ago, it was meant to be discussed over the phone that night but by request, was asked to be posted on the forums.  It's a little irritating that it's taking this long but it's like herding cats right now .

@The Answer.  Let's roll with it, any decisive decision is better than none (oh and there's at least 2 other Liz players I just can't remember who now...I remember thinking you were the best of the three by far but there were 3.  Maybe that was weeks ago, oh well).  For the record, I agree with your tier listing although the sidenote of Raiden being GodTier I don't agree with, I think he's damn strong, needs balancing, but I don't think he's the best.  I think, TO ME,  K', Kula, Liz is more of a pain in the ass than Raiden.

EDIT: We decided to give the benefit of the doubt to the players that have yet to voice their opinion, but have said they are participating in the ratio system--to make it 6 points just so they have a bit more choices.  Note, 1pt and 0pt combined is 18 characters so that should be plenty to choose from if they choose a 5pt character.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:19:37 PM by Kane317 »